Christmas Meals...

dlpSteve

Mr Dedicated to DLP
Just got this as part of an enquiey I made about booking Christmas in DLRP:

If you would like christmas meals they will need to be pre booked as they are also going quickly:

At the New York Hotel for a christmas meal it will cost £114:00 Total

At the Newport Bay Hotel for a christmas meal and a show (Tinkerbell) it
will cost £186:00 Total.

That's an immense amount of money for a meal for two people - are they worth the price? I think The Blue Lagoon on Christmas Day would do us fine!

About 6 years ago we booked a restaurant here for Christmas dinner and it wa £50 per person, and it wasn't a particularly great restaurant. Based on that £114 for 2 doesn't seem too bad.

There's also a Disney Character Christmas Buffet on Christmas Day at HNY for £75 per person.

Are all the other restaurants open as usual?

I have booked the Tinker Bell Dinner Show for Christmas. We were thinking of going on Christmas Day but it would have cost £393 for the 5 of us! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: So in the end we have booked it for the 23rd at a cost of £189, still very expensive but not as bad as the first price!!!

At the moment DLRP are only booking the Tinker Bell Dinner Show as a stand-alone meal, all the other Christmas meals can only be booked as part of a package. I have queried this several times as I would like to book the Character Christmas Buffet Dinner at HNY on Christmas Day night (the one Joanne mentioned) but DLRP says it will only be available to book as a stand-alone about November time. I feel this is very unfair but what can you do?:confused3 Knowing my luck I will never get 5 places that late!

I have visions of us eating hot dogs and chips from Caseys on Christmas Day!!!:rotfl:

Hi,

as I told before our favourite restaurant for christmas eve is King Ludwigs. Not because it is a German Restaurant but it is one of the few restaurants serving the same menu for the same price at this day. All the other restaurants have special menus for horrible prices :earseek: and mostly the kind of food DH does not like that much like oysters, or seafood :rotfl:

Greets Renate :wizard:

Renate, are most of the counter service/snack-type cafes open over the Christmas period? Although I do not mind paying extra for the character buffet on Christmas Day (we make more fuss of Christmas Day in the UK, whereas I know it is Christmas Eve that is more special to you in Germany), I do object to paying vastly inflated prices for the rest of our holiday. Like I said before, I can see us eating hot dogs and chips from Caseys on Christmas Day! On saying that, are Caseys open on Christmas Day???:confused3:teeth::rotfl2:

We could see you in King Ludwig's on Christmas Eve Renate - it's one of our favourite restaurants and always make a good start to the holiday.

For Christmas Day we like the idea of The Blue Lagoon as it's our favourite restaurant and we missed it last time round.

@ware bears

Yepp all the counter services should be open.

@dlpSteve

great idea :sunny: I can do the ressies the evening before or even in the morning :-)

Greets Renate :wizard:

If it was me I would definitely be doing a "normal" counter service restaurant (or table service for that matter!) rather than pay those Christmas Day "special dining" prices. Jeepers!!

King Ludwigs sounds like the bargain of the century! Great tip Renate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter