• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas music, when does it start in your house?

We don't actively play Christmas music in the house, but somehow it seems to seep through. No thoughts on a start/end date. I do like Christmas music, but it don't seek it out as it seems to find me.:santa:

I LOVE Christmas, so its never too early for me! I usually start listening to it in my car right after Halloween. In our house its more to the mid or end of November. Can't wait!

October 1
Have you never heard of Christmas in July?

I love Christmas music. It actually bothers me much more that it always ends with Christmas day. Phooey, I listen for the better part of January too.

We do this too. I used to even put on the fireplace, but I got married, and DH turns the pilot light off for the summer. Just as well. His head would explode at the thought of running the AC and fireplace at the same time.

I’ve debated replying to this for a while.
here is my deal: the only three songs I will even entertain listening too outside of the holidays is O Holy Night, Believe and Another Auld Lang Syne.
River is ok but also just makes me very sad.
Other than that? I don’t want to hear a single piece of xmas music prior to thanksgiving day. And not a peep of it after January 1st.
Call me old fashioned, call it we like to decorate a lot and it gets us in the spirit, Call it Halloween is my fave holiday and thanksgiving is just meh to me. Call it whatever you want. I just cant stand listening to stuff ahead of time like that.
The only exceptions I make is if I’m in a Christmas store or if for some reason I visit a theme park or show that starts early November. Cuz the stores obviously have their theme, and my vacation schedule constantly changes. I miss the days where Halloween decorations weren’t on sale in July and Xmas wasn’t even on the radio until thanksgiving day

Very seldom listen to Christmas music in our house. My husband is a Scrooge. He doesn’t like Christmas lights, could care less about decorations. He’s Catholic, never misses church but he just isn’t into the holiday cheer.

Well... how about Grandma got Run Over By a Reindeer, or Dominic the Donkey? Even those bother you???
My autistic son had a principal that would pull the karaoke machine through the halls blasting Dominic the Donkey over and over again. She came into their room and he asked the teacher "Who is that crazy lady?"

I usually don't until Thanksgiving, but I have a new boss this year and he started listening to it October 1st! I just laughed. It's kind of cute in a way. My old boss hated that I started thinking about Christmas in October (planning Xmas party, etc.), so this is a definite change!

I don't often play music in my house. We might put on some Christmas music when decorating the tree (sometime in December) or making Christmas cookies and Christmas Eve/Day. I do like the Christmas season and WDW in December is a favorite, I just don't so much do it at home.

Some Christmas music does usually wind up getting played on Thanksgiving, but that's not at my house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter