Christmas Must Do’s

justme0729

DIS Veteran
What are your favorite Christmas must do’s especially if traveling with a 1 year old? We just booked Grand Floridian for Christmas.. we’re thinking the magic kingdom Christmas parade, hopefully see Santa in MK or the resort, get a Christmas pic in front of the grand Floridian tree… any other suggestions?

I would consider going to Ft. W and doing a holiday sleigh ride (needs to be booked in advance). Many guests decorate the campgrounds for Christmas and the carriage ride would allow you to tour the Ft. and see the decorations.

The resorts that have the best decorations are GF, WL, AKL, YC, and BC. Possibly CR. Plus the FW campgrounds. At the parks the holiday party or after hours whatever they are having at MK and the storytellers and Candlelight Processional at Epcot. Disney Springs has had either a Christmas Tree Trail or the last few years trees spread out around with a map and stickers to get a prize if you locate them all.

Touring resorts to see decorations and get a special snack, the Christmas tree stroll at DS, and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot :santa:

Christmas is the most beautiful time of the year at WDW! I suggest the Christmas parade and/or party if they have one. Resort hop to see the all the beautiful Christmas trees at the MK resorts. You're staying at GF so the Gingerbread House is a must do and you can try some of the gingerbread. The Epcot resorts all have Christmas displays in the lobby. I would also do the Christmas tree trail in Disney Springs. Jungle Cruise changes to the Jingle Cruise which is really cool! Since your baby is one (1) you should get a Christmas ornament and have it monogram with the year you all celebrated Christmas at WDW.

I don't think you can rent a golf cart from the Fort any longer unless you're staying there but it's worth a call. Pretty amazing the lengths people go to in decorating their sites. Best Holiday/Christmas decoration displays on property. Best way to see it is "looping" on a golf cart. Just like anything on property the cart rentals aren't cheap, $67 a day- that's 24 hours though. Anyway, maybe they've changed the policy the further we get from the Rona peak.
Cart Rentals: 407-824-2742

I don't think you can rent a golf cart from the Fort any longer unless you're staying there but it's worth a call. Pretty amazing the lengths people go to in decorating their sites. Best Holiday/Christmas decoration displays on property. Best way to see it is "looping" on a golf cart. Just like anything on property the cart rentals aren't cheap, $67 a day- that's 24 hours though. Anyway, maybe they've changed the policy the further we get from the Rona peak.
Cart Rentals: 407-824-2742
This may be too late to rent a golf cart, but we will be there 12/11 and we've never stayed there before, so I def want to get one, at least for the first day we get there since we aren't going to the parks until the next day! Do they discount it if we get it for more days? If there are no more available for the time we want it for, what is your thoughts about getting one from off WDW property and have it delivered? Give me all the tips and suggestions you can please we are NOOBS!

This may be too late to rent a golf cart, but we will be there 12/11 and we've never stayed there before, so I def want to get one, at least for the first day we get there since we aren't going to the parks until the next day! Do they discount it if we get it for more days? If there are no more available for the time we want it for, what is your thoughts about getting one from off WDW property and have it delivered? Give me all the tips and suggestions you can please we are NOOBS!
Ok, here goes.. LOL!
First off, no discounts for multi days. Next, since you're going to the parks you'll have to turn in the cart before you go or you'll get charged for the next day. Cart rentals are for a 24hr period. Pick it up at 1:00 (I've picked it up earlier put the demand is highest during Halloween and Christmas when the sites are decorated) and you turn it back in the following day. If you can swing the added expense for length of stay, I'd do it. Carts are the quickest and most efficient way to get around Fort Wilderness. There is cart parking in places where you can't take cars. Not to mention looping every night is just fun. I hate to say but you are probably too late for a Disney cart rental. They usually get reserved months in advance. I did hear that they purchased another 80 or so new carts so call the number I posted and see.
Next. Yes there are off site rental companies and they are usually much cheaper than Disney. Kenny''s seems to be the most popular. Search the camping forum here for cart rentals and you'll get a lot of info. The down side of the off site rentals is they aren't allowed to come on property to deliver. You have to meet them at an off site location. If you don't have a tow vehicle, they will lend you their rig to get the cart on property. Returning it is the reverse. If they already have a cart on site from a previous rental they can arrange a pickup from the people that would be turning it in.
Finally, you can bring your own cart. Obviously if you already had one you wouldn't be asking the question, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Some people don't want, or feel the need for a cart and it works well for them. For us it's a necessity. Good luck and enjoy your stay whatever you do. The Fort is a wonderful place even if you don't go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter