Christmas Parade Taping Sign Up Page...

Cottager

Hooked on Mickey
:cool1: Here it is finally. The sign up page for the parade taping on December 6, 2008. Right now, they only have the 7 a.m. period open. No idea when the 11 a.m. session will be available. Probably when the earlier one fills up. Also, there's no sign up page for December 5th yet.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=1206CDPOfferPage

In order to get to the December 5, 2008 tickets at 12:00 p.m., follow the link above, click on Get Started at the bottom, then on the following page, click "Go" next to Browse Available Tickets (or Event Tickets) and you'll see the December 5th sign up page.

anybody knows how these work? We did signup, got the confirmation and all that. What else do we need? We were considering going there for our "Xmas" at Disney on the 6th, and saw this so figured we might try it out.

anybody knows how these work? We did signup, got the confirmation and all that. What else do we need? We were considering going there for our "Xmas" at Disney on the 6th, and saw this so figured we might try it out.

You will be sent a confirmation link to the email you used. Click on the "View and Print Your Disney eTicket" link in the email and it will take you back to the Disney site were your Confirmation Number will automatically be filled in if you used the link in the email. It will then ask you to enter your "Billing Address Zip Code".

Once you hit Submit, it will open a pdf of your ticket which will be customized for the number of tickets ordered with a bar code at the top of each page. The ticket provides you with free parking and theme park entrance. It mentions about proceeding to Security Bag Check & Check-In at the far right turnstiles. Look for "Audience" Signage. You will be directed to the Audience Viewing Area.....and so on.

I saw this on another site, too. I really want the 11:00 and am wondering if I should wait to see if they open that one up.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before in the past and if it was fun or what it all entails. I am just wondering as I have a 4 and 6 year old and not sure if they would really care for this!

Changes to Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade taping
posted by Kristin Ford on Nov 20, 2008 12:05:33 AM

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/11/changes-to-walt.html

Tickets for the annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade taping will not be distributed to passholders, or the general public, a Disney rep told me. Instead, anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom with a valid ticket can view the taping if space permits. In the past, a passholder giveaway distributed tickets for reserved areas in front of the castle and along Main Street. Then, Lightship Entertainment handed out the remaining tickets, which included free admission to the park, to the general public.

The main production dates have been confirmed for Dec. 5 and 6. The first day typically involves the performances in front of Cinderella Castle and the second is the actual parade on Main Street. If you've never gone to the taping, be forewarned that both days involve a lot of standing around and waiting -- this is a television production, people! In other words, you will not see the parade travel seamlessly down Main Street. Each float may be started and stopped several times to get the correct camera angles. Likewise, performers will come out and sing their songs multiple times after you watch hours of prep work by the crew.

Still, seeing a live television production is interesting and somewhat unique to a lot of us. Keep in mind, though, that small children will not be patient enough to endure the downtime. Trust me -- I know this from personal experience. The upside is that while Main Street is crowded during the taping days, the rest of the park typically is not.

yeah, we now know that was wrong. i now have a ticket on my computer that says otherwise.

ABC Walt Disney World® Christmas Day Parade Taping

Be part of the magic! Be part of a TV-show taping, on December 6, 2008. Watch your favorite Disney Characters and Guest Stars perform on Main Street USA and enjoy free parking and admission to Magic Kingdom® Park.

Show will air on ABC on December 25th. Please check your local listings!

426652699_qtNa3-L.jpg

So now my dilemma is how do I get over to MK from CBR before 7 a.m. Does anyone know what time the buses start or should I just book a cab since we don't have a car. Would it be easier to have the cab drop us off at the transit station for the monorail or is there somewhere closer that we could just walk over?

So now my dilemma is how do I get over to MK from CBR before 7 a.m. Does anyone know what time the buses start or should I just book a cab since we don't have a car. Would it be easier to have the cab drop us off at the transit station for the monorail or is there somewhere closer that we could just walk over?

The buses start running from the resorts to the parks at about 6:30am (or so.)

If you are waiting at the bus stop by about 6:25am, you can get aboard the earliest MK bus.

If you decide to take a cab, have the driver drop you off at the Contemporary Resort ...actually just inside the driveway as you approach the parking lot... near the pathway (in pink on the map.)
Then, walk to the MK gates.

MK-to-Contemp-Sat-042908C.jpg

Very cool--I didn't realize this is free. Congrats to all who got tickets. I wish we could do this but we have to catch the dme back to the airport that morning. Just out of curiosity, are folks who enter free with parade tickets allowed to stay at MK for the rest of the day once their shift is over? If so that's a great deal!

Thank you so much for this! I had no idea you had to have tickets but I just got mine. That is our last day in the parks and I can't imagine a better way to spend it.

Just out of curiosity, are folks who enter free with parade tickets allowed to stay at MK for the rest of the day once their shift is over? If so that's a great deal!

I am wondering the same thing. We have PAP but my parents and sister do not and I went ahead and had them sign up. I hope so.

Thank you! We really wanted to do this and we would have missed it if I hadn't of checked the board!! We ended up with the 7 AM one, but that's okay with us. Just means we have the rest of the day to ourselves then :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter