Christmas Parade Taping

MyGirlLovesTink

DIS Veteran
When do they usually announce when the Xmas parade taping will take place? I have a friend that wants to go for one day on Dec. 11th and I am suggesting she go to MK, but would suggest another park if it coincides with the xmas parade taping. It is her first every time to WDW, so that would not be a good first time to go to a park.

1. When do they usually announce when the Xmas parade taping will take place? I have a friend that wants to go for one day on Dec. 11th and

2. I am suggesting she go to MK, but would suggest another park if it coincides with the xmas parade taping. It is her first every time to WDW, so that would not be a good first time to go to a park.

1. A month or less before.
2. You'll have to hold off another couple of months, or so, to make your recommendation.

We arrive on the 5th and are doing MK on the evening of the 5th (for MSEP and Wishes) and then again on the 6th for low, party day crowds...so you can bet they'll tape the parade on the 6th to annoy me lol!

We arrive on the 5th and are doing MK on the evening of the 5th (for MSEP and Wishes) and then again on the 6th for low, party day crowds...so you can bet they'll tape the parade on the 6th to annoy me lol!
The crowds are all on Main St. The rest of the park is fairly quiet....from what I've read.

the last times (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008,2005) we went to WDW in the 1st weeks of Dec. the taping was always on the first friday, saturday and if needed that sunday. We always went on the 1st monday and there was never any taping on that monday.

the last times (2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008,2005) we went to WDW in the 1st weeks of Dec. the taping was always on the first friday, saturday and if needed that sunday. We always went on the 1st monday and there was never any taping on that monday.

Last year they did move it last minute to the following Monday and Tuesday, assuming to accommodate a celebrity's schedule.

Last year they did move it last minute to the following Monday and Tuesday, assuming to accommodate a celebrity's schedule.

This is why WAAAAY back at the beginning of this thread in post #2, I said that it's too early to tell when the taping is going to be this year.
It's not that I don't know many, many years of history about the parade taping... It's that LAST year, they threw all of that history aside and changed everything. Everybody who made plans based on past info had to change their plans.

Sooooo... For accurate information about THIS year's parade taping, we'll just have to wait awhile.

Last edited:
They have a crowd number calendar online-my sil showed me. It ranks how crowded it will be on which days because we are planning to go in December too for our first family trip and would go earlier if it's less crowded. 1-10 ten being most crowded!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter