• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Qs and anyone been to Palm Springs?

viaggiamo

Mouseketeer
Hi we are debating whether to go to Palm Springs in December.

We are in the USA for a month and doing DL, driving up the coast to SF over a week (done before and love it) and then over Christmas we have not decided between staying in CA and doing Palm Springs and LA for a week or so each or going to NYC for Christmas...

We have two small children (4 and 6) and have been told by afew people that NYC over Christmas is crazy and not to go. So we have been putting that idea off, but it's in the back of my mind.

Other wise we can stay in CA this year and explore some desert around Palm Springs.

Any opinions?

NYC at Christmas is awesome, breakfast with Santa at Rockefeller centre, chrsitmas spectacular, miracle on 34th street Santa at Macy's, shop windows, Christmas lights. sure it's cold, nothing some thermals, beanie gloves and a jacket can't fix. it's busy but you know it's New York.
palm beach - well we have beaches at home

Just did Christmas in NYC and it was fabulous. It was crazy crowded still totally and amazing awesomeness.

Coco, I agree, but I meant Palm Beach desert in CA, and a desert would be a completely different experience for us.

Thanks for the link to your TR Saskiwi.

Ms Shuttergirl; I loved your TR and your photos made me want to throw caution to the wind and just go. We can always buy warm down coats for the cold. It's mainly the difficulty in seeing what we want to see while we were there that puts me off a bit.

I am still debating on NYC though. I love NYC and have been twice before. Love the buzz and craziness of it.

BUT....I am trying to be a "good" mum and consider my children :goodvibes in the equation.

I think we may book a hotel in NYC too and then decide later...:thumbsup2

I appreicate you comments.

Happy travels.

Palm Springs is lovely although I last went as teenager.
New York over Christmas though is pretty special. Embrace the crowds, it is part of the charm!

We went over Christmas when our children were 2,5 and 7. We managed to see most major sights and the children LOVED it as did we. Don't let the crowds nor the cold put you off.

You can get good quality jackets in the US at reasonable prices, together with good shoes, you'll be right :)

Booking a hotel and deciding later is a great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter