Christmas resort

How is the monorail traffic at GF right now? We check in soon. DVC rental so couldn't change after reading about how crazy it can be in the lobby.

OP, we have a split BR, RIV, VGF starting next week so I feel your dilemma!
It’s been rainy which I think has increased people visiting the resorts in the evenings especially. Going to MK around noontime today was fine. Trying to get to the Poly last night around 5 took an hour plus a bit.

I’ve been playing around with dates the week before so I believe it. Personally I think they’ve hiked rates too high and pulling general public discounts early is biting them in the behind but, I digress… I’m seeing lots of rack rate availability over my time & some very limited AP discount availability. I was considering both WL & GF but they’re just out of my price range even with what AP discounted rooms I’ve seen pop up as GF starts so high and WL discounts so little during Xmas 🙄

Anywho- I’d stick to WL and if you want to split consider splitting to an EP resort like BC or YC. Make the effort to split worth it. WL has a seriously cozy vibe you just don’t find elsewhere at WDW. GF has the crazy gingerbread house but you pass through the lobby and then it’s like- ok, now what? If you switch it up to BC or YC you’d have a change of pace and a chocolate carousel or gingerbread lighthouse to change it up.

If you switch now, you are likely forgoing any discounts, so I’d keep WL. Plus it’s a great resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter