Christmas Season and temperature

nicola said:
Elaine, I have often wondered how you handle the whole Santa thing when on holiday over Christmas day? Do you try to fit all their presents in the suitcase or buy some when you get there or do you celebrate with presents before you go? What are you planning on doing about this?

Nicola - we were away for 4 weeks over Xmas 2004 and with all the clothes we took taking presents too was not an option!

We bought stuff over there (in WDW) and paid a trip to WalMart one afternoon and just filled the trolley with stocking stuff (comics, cheap toys, chocolate, books, crisps etc)

If I was doing it in DLP (bearing i mind you won;t need to take HALF the stuff I had to) I'd be inclined to take stuff with me prewrapped (as it was a hassle to wrap stuff up - in fact I think we just gave it to them in WDW bags in the end :) )

We also told them that being in WDW was "a lot" of their Xmas pressie in itself :)

Stwvw

Love the new picture in your signature:goodvibes
SHOW OFF;) :cool1:

We went on Boxing Day in 2001 and it was freezing. We went to Scotland straight after for the street party in Edinburgh for New Year and it was much warmer in Scotland which really surprised me.

It really is lovely during Christmas time but very busy. Really loved it and would do it again.

Susan

nicola said:
Elaine, I have often wondered how you handle the whole Santa thing when on holiday over Christmas day? Do you try to fit all their presents in the suitcase or buy some when you get there or do you celebrate with presents before you go? What are you planning on doing about this?

Like Karen did last year, we've explained to our DD's that the holiday is a major part of their Christmas present. We will just take a couple of small things to open Christmas Day (bearing in mind that my DD's will be 13,11 and 9 by Christmas and their presents get smaller each year but also more expensive each year!!! :rotfl2: ) and we will probably also buy some small things over there for them to open. We are going to leave family presents at home for our return because it can be a bit of an anticlimax coming back!!! and hopefully Father Christmas will have let himself in while we are away and left their stockings at home for them! This calls for a bit of clever engineering while everyone else is waiting in the taxi!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter