• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Shopping 2010

Disney Mommy 3

DIS Veteran
Hello Everybody! :wave:
Well, this is the 3rd annual Christmas shopping thread!!! I am a relatively early shopper...so we are starting now. Last Sunday marked the 5 months til Christmas point...so off we go!!! This is gonna be a fun thread for those of you who haven't read or been a part of the last two. We just talk about who's getting what, give/recieve suggestions, discuss baking and decorating, or anything else for the holiday season...and yes, Thanksgiving too!!! LOL
Well...in my family I have a ds14, ds11, and a dd7. The oldest one will be a little hard this year as he is at the age where he doesn't really know what he wants!! Maybe lots of $$$$ to start saving for something big, or ...who knows!! Last year his big gift was an electic guitar and an amp....he is really into guitars now,so maybe a bass this year!
DS11 is a Lego man....he had said the other day he thought he was not wanting anymore. He just has soooooo many, but we were in Target and of course he found several he had to have!! So...he will stay a little kid for at least another Christmas!!! Ha!!! Not sure what all else he will want..but I am sure his list will be a good one to shop from!!
DD7...I know she saw the old Rainbow Brite doll the other day and wants her. I can't believe it...that was the hot thing when I was a kid!! Also, she has some AG dolls and is wanting some clothes and accessories for them. Not sure what else she wants...
DH...wow...men are so hard. Plus, if he reaaaally wants/needs something he goes and gets it. usually something manly like a tool or blue jeans for work!! LOL.. Gotta think of what I want......
So...We are just under 5 months,...or 21 weeks from today.:santa: I know some people only get paychecks twice a month, so if you need to start a Christmas fund do it now!! I am going to Disney in Nov and I am going to have all my stuff finished before we leave. I always do, but for those of you who are procrastinators-you know who you are!!- hopefully you will use this as your deadline too and avoid all the stress of not doing it early!! Let's see how many we can reform this season!!! Really, if you are going to Disney in Nov or early Dec, try to be finished before so that you can really, really enjoy your vacation!! Of course, you may need to pick up some cool Christmas gifts while there, but at least you will have your list and know exactly what you need. OK...y'all jump right in and let's start talking 'shop'!:laughing:

I started my shopping this month!

DH and I are both teachers, so we get 1 paycheck each per month.
We are going to WDW in June, so we are also saving up for that vaca.

I am thinking about getting both kids a wooden play set for the backyard (if I can get DH to agree).

I don't normally start shopping for Christmas until October. If I shop any earlier, then I forget what I have bought.

Our Christmas present to our kids this year is the trip to Disney. So, Santa and gifts from relatives are what they will be mostly getting this year.

I started my shopping this month!

DH and I are both teachers, so we get 1 paycheck each per month.
We are going to WDW in June, so we are also saving up for that vaca.

I am thinking about getting both kids a wooden play set for the backyard (if I can get DH to agree).

:welcome: That sounds like an awesome Christmas gift! We bought just a regular swing set a few summers back and it has been such a hit with my dd!! She loooooves it!!
I don't normally start shopping for Christmas until October. If I shop any earlier, then I forget what I have bought.

Our Christmas present to our kids this year is the trip to Disney. So, Santa and gifts from relatives are what they will be mostly getting this year.

:welcome: What a great gift...Disney!!!! I love that!! Well...they can make a list for family members and you can just save all your $$ and spend this time planning!!!

You guys are making me feel bad. I never start shopping until Black Friday. :guilty:

Our WDW in December is part of our kids (DD11 and DS 5) Christmas!:santa:
That being said, we have almost all of "HoHo" for our DS, but still need to shop for DD. She wants a laptop, so we are shopping for the best deal!:thumbsup2 Good luck shoppers!!!!:cool1:

You guys are making me feel bad. I never start shopping until Black Friday. :guilty:

Hey tru! Don't feel bad! Just change your wicked ways :rotfl: we will help you:lmao: !!! I have friends that only shop on BF...I personally couldn't stand it!!! It's too crazy here and it's waaaaay too late!!! For me, anyway...You can still talk about all the festivities, baking, decorating,...all that other stuff with us...and get you a loooong list to have ready for your shopping day!!!

Our WDW in December is part of our kids (DD11 and DS 5) Christmas!:santa:
That being said, we have almost all of "HoHo" for our DS, but still need to shop for DD. She wants a laptop, so we are shopping for the best deal!:thumbsup2 Good luck shoppers!!!!:cool1:

ooohhh what kinda laptop are you looking at...and how old is she? Just curious because my ds14 would love one...but he works at our church with our Youth Pastor and they aaaaalll have macs...he wants one but, geez they are expensive!!!! I am not sure I am ready for him to have his own laptop yet.... yeah for you to have your HoHo stuff already!!!! My kinda gal!!!! hee hee!!!!
DD has picked out some very pretty sheets and a duvet from Pottery Barn Kids...she is very into Butterflies and they have some pretty stuff right now..she has asked for some of it for her Christmas...hopefully they will go on sale before then. Not expecting it, but can hope!!! does anyone know how they rotate their bedding sales? I too have found a very pretty quilt...but I don't want to wait till Christmas!!!! LOL

Hey tru! Don't feel bad! Just change your wicked ways :rotfl: we will help you:lmao: !!! I have friends that only shop on BF...I personally couldn't stand it!!! It's too crazy here and it's waaaaay too late!!! For me, anyway...You can still talk about all the festivities, baking, decorating,...all that other stuff with us...and get you a loooong list to have ready for your shopping day!!!
Yay! :yay: We get to talk about decorating!!!! :yay:

I love you guys already!!! :love:

We start the day after Halloween. :rolleyes1 I wish I could start NOW! Going to Disney at Christmas has gotten me in the mood!!!!! As one of my friends always says... I'm so full of Christmas Spirit I could spit TENSIL! :santa:

I acutally started my christmas shopping last wednesday!!! Now granted, I only bought one thing...but it counts, right???

my family consists of me, DH, DD-7, and DS3. But between now and Christmas I have DH and DS's Birthdays. Nov. 21 for DH and Nov 20th for DS. so I have to buy bday presents somewhere in there.

dont have a clue what to get them this year either!!!

ooohhh what kinda laptop are you looking at...and how old is she? Just curious because my ds14 would love one...but he works at our church with our Youth Pastor and they aaaaalll have macs...he wants one but, geez they are expensive!!!! I am not sure I am ready for him to have his own laptop yet.... yeah for you to have your HoHo stuff already!!!! My kinda gal!!!! hee hee!!!!
DD has picked out some very pretty sheets and a duvet from Pottery Barn Kids...she is very into Butterflies and they have some pretty stuff right now..she has asked for some of it for her Christmas...hopefully they will go on sale before then. Not expecting it, but can hope!!! does anyone know how they rotate their bedding sales? I too have found a very pretty quilt...but I don't want to wait till Christmas!!!! LOL

No problem! Really not sure what kind we want-she wants one of the small laptops-it's all about the look and color for her!!!!:cutie:
We want something she won't grow out of too fast-she enters middle school this year, so I'm sure she will be able to do a lot of homework on it. Windows 7 is a must and at least 1-3 GB harddrive. She would also like to play DVD's too. By the time I finish adding up "must haves" it will probably too expensive to buy!:rotfl:
Let me know if you come across any deals and I'll do the same for you!:thumbsup2

I can't believe its time for this thread again, where does the year go?

I shop all year but this is the time that I usually start really getting ready because of Target's toy sale. Unfortunately I haven't been there to get anything and I'm sure its all gone by now.

I think this year I'm getting my dd (who will be almost 13 at Christmas) a small flat screen TV for her room and a bunch of movies to go with it. I'm thinking she will probably want clothes/purses/make-up and stuff like that this year because she is pretty set on electronics and she doesn't play with toys anymore :sad1:
My 2 dses will get video games and legos, just like last year :laughing:

Happy shopping everyone, I'm looking foward to read about everyone's plans and progress :)

Yeah.. the Christmas shopping thread.... I love it! I started by buying all my wrapping paper, ribbons, tags, etc. I have also made my list.... gotta have a list... that way I can check off things when I get them...

I bought a few stocking stuffers already.... Victoria Secret had lotions and body scrubs on sale... got a few of those... then I had a great coupon for Things Remebered... so I had a little silver jewlrey box monogramed for Daniels girlfriend... Also bought a bunch of Yankee Candles that I use for hostess gifts when we go to parties...

Well, I just got one gift for my DD8 in the mail yesterday. It came with DD6's back to school items from ToysRUs. We're full steam ahead in this house. :rotfl2:

Now it's back to focusing on some outfits for the first day of school. Then the rest of back to school shopping happens the end of September.

From now on out I'll keep my eyes open for deals.

DD6 wants a digital camera, so we'll be researching those and looking at reviews. There is a cute magenta colored camera in Meijer that was neat. I just need something that's nice and a kid color. She really wanted a DSi last Christmas and we refused to get it for her, so we're making it up to her with this camera.

I love to shop!!! Actually, I shop all year long for Christmas. :santa: I have a gift closet in the attic where I store things as I see them on sale.

Pottery Barn Kids has a Friends & Family sale in mid to late October. I don't think they really publicize it too much. You sort of have to ask at the store to get on the list. I think it is 20% off any in-store items??? :confused3 It has been a few years since I did PBK for DH. I love the bookcases & cubbies we got at the sale! I've seen PBK bed linens on ebay.

DS is just getting into Legos. Does anyone know when or where to get the best prices?

Thanks for the invite on the November thread! :thumbsup2

Michelle

Every month when the 25th comes around my Mom and I race to the phone and say ___ months til Christmas. It could be January 25th and we are already saying 11 months til Christmas. My Mom and I are crazy Christmas and Disney. My husband thinks we are crazy. He should be used to it by now since we will be married this December 19 years! I haven't started shopping yet but I have started a list. SO MUCH FUN!!! The best time of year. :)

I used to start shopping on Dec 26th.........for the next year. Now that the family has decided to draw names for adults and there are only 3 kids to buy for.....well, I have to find a way to spend my money, so I am taking my mother and best friend to Disney at the start of December to "celebrate" the season with an awesome trip. I also decided that my family (14 total) have plenty and others don't so instead of huge stockings "from Santa", I plan on filling shoeboxes with gifts to send to a charity organization, pick "angels" from the salvation army to buy gifts for, provide surprises for the local childrens home and contribute to the sleigh of gifts for the family that my workplace with adopt for the holiday. Gee, I think I will have spent as much money if not more than I did for the extravagant gifts I gave to my family for the last 30 years, and will enjoy the shopping this year just as much as I always did!
Happy shopping to all :santa:

We went to K-Mart today and found tons of toys 50% off! Good selection of toys for boys and girls! Not sure how long it will last!

I am going to start this month. I used to love shopping for Christmas, but the last few years have gotten overwhelming. There are 11 neices and nephew, and until last year (when I said no more) we were buying for all the adults as well. :scared1: This year all the kids are getting older, so they are all (except the 2 smallest) going to get gift cards. I think for movies or chuckee cheese or such. I figure I will buy a few gift cards each month until christmas.

Then I have DS (5) and DD (1). DH and I just do small gifts. For the kiddos I am going to try to sneak out to Targets toy clearence this week, then finish up on black friday. I absolutly love black friday shopping, its one of my favorite days of the year, lol.

We are also going to disney dec 11-18, so I am trying to stash away money to take. Anytime I come in the house with money in my pocket it goes in the box. Plus $20 a week. It doesn't feel so expensive to put away a little at a time, lol.

So thats my plan, and I am (hopefully) sticking to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter