Christmas Stocking thread~ Complete!! Thanks everyone!

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
*PLEASE NOTE: This is an exchange for members (past and present) of the Girls Only Disneyland trips. Thank you.*

Hi ladies! :santa:

It's time for the Christmas stocking exchange!!

Stockings.jpg

Some of you are already familiar with the exchanges. If you are NOT, please take a moment to scan the steps below as it should help answer any questions you may have.

1. It's entirely voluntary. Just a fun thing for those interested.
2. For each exchange there is a minimum $$$ amount that you MUST spend, which does NOT include shipping or any "extras" should you choose to send them.
3. Once sign ups are complete each person who signed up will receive the name of a person to exchange with. You will not be sending to the same person you receive from.
4. Go shopping for items to send that fall within the exchange theme, mail it out by the mail by date, and then wait for your package to arrive. This is not anonymous, so include your name and DIS name on the package.

Each exchange takes approximately a month or so to complete from start (sign ups) to finish (all packages accounted for). Please make sure you won't be on vacation during the shipping and receiving times, or if you will be, make arrangements for someone to receive your package for you.
Remember to post on the thread when you ship your package out. Also post when you receive your package, and what goodies you get.

xmastree-1.gif
~~Very Important Information-Everyone Please Read~~
mickey-mouse-christmas-graphic1.gif
Sign-ups will run now through Saturday morning November 7. Names will go out in PMs later that evening, so please remember to check your messages on the DIS that day. This exchange is adults only, no kids this time.

Mail by date is November 24, so you'll have approximately two and a half weeks to shop. *PLEASE* mail on time or early, and remember delivery confirmation is preferred.

Minimum dollar amount this time is $25. That does NOT include shipping costs, OR any freebies or extras. However, it DOES need to include the cost of the stocking.

This exchange is a little different. When you receive your package, DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!
25.gif
2.gif

Post on this thread that you received your package and then set it aside. No peeking. We will all be opening our packages on Saturday, December 12. That's over two weeks from the mail by date so ALL packages should have arrived by then.
On that day everyone can go grab their packages and open them up! Once they are open then you can come and post again to let everyone know what wonderful goodies you received.

PoohReady.gif

If you are interested in joining this exchange, please PM me with the following info:

***I'M SORRY, BUT SIGN-UPS FOR THIS EXCHANGE ARE NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL WHO SIGNED UP!!!!***

Your name ~
DIS name ~
Address ~ (double check this for any errors as I will send it exactly as it's sent to me, thanks!)
Email address ~
Are you able to be an elf if needed? Yes or No
Are you willing to ship to Canada? Yes or No

How do you celebrate Christmas? Religious (Birth of Christ)? Secular (Santa Claus)? Or both?

Do you collect anything or have any hobbies?

Do you like to cook/bake?

T-shirt size?

Favorite character?

Pierced ears?

Allergies, food or otherwise?

Okay to send edible Christmas treats?

Is there anything that you really prefer not to receive?

Is there anything special you'd really love to get?

tinkerbell-1.jpg
*Feel free to include any additional information you think would be helpful to your person when they shop for you, but keep in mind the ultimate gift giving decisions will be made by your person.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM and I will happily answer them for you. Have FUN shopping!

disney_christmas_2.jpg

*SQUEE* I've already started shopping for this one! I don't know who my person will be, but they're just gonna have to deal with getting random Disney stuff!

:banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

*SQUEE* I've already started shopping for this one! I don't know who my person will be, but they're just gonna have to deal with getting random Disney stuff!

:banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:
LOL Considering the group who will be signing up, I'm sure random Disney stuff will be just fine. ;)

OKay, we're on our way. Two sign ups right off the bat. :banana: :thumbsup2

I'm sending my PM!! My Mom will be joining this exchange since it's the last one before the trip!!! YAY!!

The appeal of the Christmas stocking must be very strong. ::yes:: We have 7 sign-ups already. :thumbsup2
As a kid, I loved digging through my stocking. In some weird way, it was almost more exciting than opening my gifts. :confused3

Just to clarify a few points, the cost of this exchange is a bit higher, but that's because it includes the price of the stocking. How much you spend on the stocking is entirely up to you.

You can go to the dollar store and get a stocking to be used mainly as something to pack more gifts in. OR you can pick out a more expensive special/fancy stocking and have it actually serve as part of the present. That is up to you. But in either case, the $25 should include the cost of the stocking, but NOT shipping or any "freebies" if you send them.

As for receiving, you go ahead and post as usual when you mail and post again once you receive it to let your person know it got there safe and sound. THEN you put it away, far, far away. lol Someplace where you won't forget about it, but also where you won't be tempted to peek. ;)

Then on December 12 we all open our packages that day. Sort of like our own Christmas, kwim? :santa:

I hope that clears up any confusion, but if not, as always, feel free to send me a PM or ask on the thread. Thanks, and I look forward to more sign ups. :yay:

PM sent :thumbsup2 Question - is it okay to pack the stuff for shipping not in the stocking, but with the stocking and then trust the Diva receiving it to put the goodies in the stocking upon arrival?? This will make shipping much more friendly ;) Of course, the goodies will be wrapped up :woohoo:

BTW - I :love: Christmas and this sounds super fun to me. I never get a stocking at home (well, I do, but I put stuff in it myself, so it's not quite the same thing). I loved getting a stocking at Christmas when we were kids because that was the ONLY thing we were able to open before everyone else (parents!) were out of bed :yay:

PM sent :thumbsup2 Question - is it okay to pack the stuff for shipping not in the stocking, but with the stocking and then trust the Diva receiving it to put the goodies in the stocking upon arrival?? This will make shipping much more friendly ;) Of course, the goodies will be wrapped up :woohoo:
Well, technically the packages should remain sealed until it's time to open them. But I realize some ladies will want to open their packages to hang their stocking for decoration, so for that reason it's fine to send items out of the stocking as long as they are wrapped.
Also I know this group, and I know not everything sent is going to fit in the stocking anyway. :rotfl2: So just wrap it all up. :thumbsup2

I sent my PM.

Christmas is my favorite holiday!

I've started shopping for this exchange too.

steph

Hi Gals,
I am thrilled to join you. It always looks so fun, but I have been too darn busy to join in. This time I am making time no matter what! Can't wait for Saturday:)

OH man.....Beth I was really looking forward to this! BUT the open day is the day after we leave for DD9s bday trip......I can post the contents from the HoJo lobby sometime on the 12th, but I won't be able to share pictures, unless I send picture messages to someone else......is that OK?

OH man.....Beth I was really looking forward to this! BUT the open day is the day after we leave for DD9s bday trip......I can post the contents from the HoJo lobby sometime on the 12th, but I won't be able to share pictures, unless I send picture messages to someone else......is that OK?
You can't just postpone your trip? :confused3

;) LOL Of course, that's fine. I realized when I picked the day that there would be the chance someone would be out of town. I mean, with this large of a group odds are no date would have worked perfectly for everyone, kwim? This was just a nice mid-range date not too close to Christmas, but far enough away from the mail by date for all packages to have arrived.

I'm not familiar with sending picture messages. Do you send those to another phone or to an email address? :confused: If it's to an email address, you can send them to mine and I'll happily post them for you. If it's to another phone, then I can't help as I don't have a cell phone.

OR another option, given the circumstances, you can open a day early or wait and open when you return. I'll leave it up to you. Better to do that and get to play along, then not play at all when you were hoping to. :)

I don't think Jade would appreciate that too much. LOL Or anyone else in the family....LOL
Thanks for understanding! Picture messages can be sent either to someone's phone or I can do it an email address. :) Maybe I'll just open it Friday before we leave....because we won't be back until the 16th, so that's a while to make everyone wait. :) I'll PM you! :)

Sign me up!!! I'm sending you my PM in a few with all my info! I'm so excited for this one, this mommy needs something JUST FOR ME!

:cloud9:

Maybe I'll just open it Friday before we leave....
That might be easiest. ::yes::

Sign me up!!! I'm sending you my PM in a few with all my info! I'm so excited for this one, this mommy needs something JUST FOR ME!

:cloud9:
Good for you! Mommies need fun surprises too. And so do aunts, and sisters, and grandmas, etc. so sign up ladies. :santa:

I'm in! Off to send my pm!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Sarah
:banana: Yay!!

We've got a good list going so far. :thumbsup2

Who knows what Christmas surprises everyone will get!! :rolleyes1

12.gif

OOH I WANNA!!! FUN FUN FUN! I LOVE CHRISTMAS! Will PM you! :)

YAY MY FIRST EXCHANGE!! You can't loose with Christmas and Disney and shopping!! THREE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter