Christmas to go or not to go

Bambi2009

Mouseketeer
I never never thought I'd be asking this question :confused3. My hubby has finally agreed to a trip from 27th to 30th December. I am now having a panic, we are going to be driving there so could anybody tell me what the weather is usually like that time of year. I know it's probably going to be freezing but I'm worried about the long journey if it snows.

We've only been once for Christmas season but that was mid November and It was amazing. The fact that Anna and Elsa are going to be there and the kids won't find out until Christmas Day all sway me towards yes. Curse me for being an eternal worrier. Would appreciate your help :)

I just read the title and my answer is GO :lmao:

We went for the first time during Christmas season last year and it was absolutely wonderful. We went earlier in December though, and mid week so it wasn't busy at all. I don't know what the crowd levels are later on, but I imagine it will be a bit busier as it's over the holiday period. Weather wise, it was about the same as it was here in Scotland - very manageable.

You'll never be able to second guess the weather conditions - so no point worrying about that.

I hope you decide to book and have a great time :goodvibes

GO! Imagine the kids faces! Sorry I know thats a mean persuasive tactic :blush:
But I would err on the side of caution and take out trip insurance just incase. You would know December 25th if the weather allows you to travel but I bet we're in for a mild one this winter. And that way even if you do have to postpone it the kids won't be disappointed.

Go :thumbsup2

It's our favourite time of the year to go, and we always drive from Somerset.

Weather will obviously be cooler, but it's variable, and last year it was very mild, just getting colder during the evenings.

I think we've been 6 consecutive years (having a year off now :worried:), and it snowed on 2 of the trips.

On both occasions we drove all the way back to Calais in the snow, but tbh, it wasn't that bad.

The French manage the main roads really well when it's snowing (lots of ploughing going on), and all of the cars kept moving at a slow but steady pace in 1 lane, whilst the lorries (which couldn't make it up hills) parked up in the other lane.

We simply had all season tyres (as opposed to winter tyres), and after getting used to it, it was all okay....quite an adventure really!

Waking up at the DCR and seeing everything covered in snow is one of my fondest memories, and then it snowed when we got to the parks :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter