Christmas Trees

Camden'smom

Earning My Ears
Do the resorts rent Christmas trees if you are staying during Christmas week? We will be at All Star Sports and my husband is bummed that we may not have a tree for Christmas.

No. You can buy one from Disney Florist though. We did that about 14 years ago. It was $200 then but we still have it and put it up every year when we are in Disney for Christmas.

We are driving to Disney for the holiday.. so we are bringing a prelit 4 ft white tree.. making Mickey Ear ornaments and a topper for it. We had thought about going thru the florist and have it shipped home ... but my DD wanted to make it. Also thinking of stringing lights on balcony and some window clings.. and something for our door .... making it festive.

When we drove, I would bring a 4ft tree. Usually we fly now and I bring a 3ft tree with decorations. I made little Mickey head ornaments by cutting out the paint chips and sewing sequins and beads along the edge. I glued Styrofoam balls together for Mickey heads and painted them. Made a tree skirt and put on a string of lights. It is cute. I also put net lights on a timer in the window with the hooks on suckers. Put it on a timer and the lights welcome you home each evening. It all fits in a suitcase.

It's definitely worth investing in a tree to take with you and we found that doing it on a smaller scale is more worth it. We've packed an extra suitcase for the 2 foot christmas tree, gifts, room decorations, stockings, and lights.

Amazon sells some super cute 2 foot trees for $25 with shipping, which are just perfect for the little table in the hotel room. I made a tree skirt and ornaments for the tree, and purchased some lights to decorate the room. Those command hooks are going to be a life saver!

We wanted the feeling of a holiday without going too overboard. A small tree is just enough to be festive without trying to lug a HUUUUUGE tree on a plane or spending hundreds of dollars on decorations.

The Disney Florist trees are beautiful, but they are above my price range! Command hooks are handy. I really like to have a little Christmas in the room. It makes the trip so much more special. Last year I found my tree for less than $10, so I threw away the tree and only brought back the decorations. It freed up a little more space for the items we had purchased.

Do the resorts rent Christmas trees if you are staying during Christmas week? We will be at All Star Sports and my husband is bummed that we may not have a tree for Christmas.

As others have said, Disney doesn't rent trees, but you can buy one put it up in the room :santa:.

Thanks! I was just checking. I did find some 3-4 ft trees at Walmart for $25. We are driving down so we can take it with us, but we are flying back. We may just get rid of it down there. Well worth $25 to have a Christmas tree in the room.

We will be in the world for Christmas also. I purchased a 250 bulb pre-lit that folds flat and fits in my largest luggage. It has been to Disney 4 times. Never lets us down. So pretty! It's already packed and ready to go.
It was 50 dollars from Sears.com. I bring an extension safety cord to plug it into the wall.

Have a wonderful trip.

I love this idea! I saw cute little trees at JoAnn's that were 50% off that would be perfect, but I decided it's a little early for me to be buying one for our trip next year. I think I will keep my eye out for one, though, especially at the after Christmas sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter