Christmas trip suggestions, what am I missing?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I'm excited to have booked our first Christmas trip! It's our 4th trip this year, but we've never (ever) done any of the holiday things. I'm worried I'm missing something, so advice please? We'll be there just after Thanksgiving

Arrival day - Disney Springs dinner (not sure where) & Christmas tree display, VOID game
Sunday - DHS, GE - with Cantina reservations *Do we need a dinner reservation as well? Is there enough to do besides GE in this park? I'm worried GE will be super crowded, Toy Story Land equally packed and the only other rides I can think of are ToT and RnRC.
Monday -BW, YC, BC for gingerbread & decorations, EPCOT - Candlelight Procession, FEA, seeing the holiday traditions in the World Showcase
Tuesday - WL, GF, Poly, Contemporary for gingerbread tours, MVMCP

Anything else I should try to fit in? We spent two days at Animal Kingdom in September and don't see a huge need to go back. We're hoping to focus mainly on holiday exclusive things - like the Jingle Cruise. Thanks in advance!

Animal Kingdom has holiday decorations and entertainment for the first time this year!
Oga's does not serve food (other than a snack mix and jello like substance), so if you don't like other QS options, make reservations. Docking Bay 7 and Ronto Roasters in Galaxy's Edge both have good food.

Animal Kingdom has holiday decorations and entertainment for the first time this year!
Oga's does not serve food (other than a snack mix and jello like substance), so if you don't like other QS options, make reservations. Docking Bay 7 and Ronto Roasters in Galaxy's Edge both have good food.
just to clarify, AK has had holiday decor in the past. This year they just have added ones at Discovery Island and Pandora, also the Tree of Life Holiday awakenings.
for the OP at DHS they have Jingle Bell Jingle BAM projection/laser/fireworks show and also Sunset Season Greeting projection and snow on Sunset Blvd. along with really cute decor around Echo Lake. DHS doesn't have many attractions but they do have a lot of shows and Frozen Sing Along I believe will have the return of Olaf during the holidays

:) I just saw this and realized I have the exact same plan for Dec. except we also have Wed. for AK. Watching for tips 8-)

Between wait times and general atmosphere I think Galaxy's Edge will take up a decent chunk of you HS time. But do make sure to stop by the Muppet Theater and give them some love. It's right between Star Tours and Galaxy's Edge, and it never usually has a wait.

I plan on doing my Mickey picture there too. Lower waits than MK and a cooler outfit (if you ask me).

Last edited:

I do believe Oga's still has a "secret menu" charcuterie board. You can see a review + pics here -> http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...rs-galaxys-edge-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/ I still would agree completely that it's still not a place to eat, more gets drinks with a light snack, but they do have more than just the snack mix in the afternoon/evening.

Voices of Liberty will perform in the American Adventure pavillion, too at scheduled times. The group called Joyful will perform in Epcot, too.

At the Grand Floridian there is an orchestra you can hear from the lobby performing at set times.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter