• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas Weather 2023: A Warm One?

What is your preferred Christmas Weather?

• Sunny/Warm

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Sunny/Cold

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Snowy (I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas!)

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • Cloudy/Rainy

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I don't care what the weather is, it's Christmas!

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Sunny and relatively warm works for me.

I think it was 2015 when we had a “heat wave” at Christmas. Three straight days in the low to mid 70s. One of those days was the record high temperature for all of December in my area.

In the mid-Atlantic region I only remember about 5 or 6 White Christmases.
It's practically that here this season. It's been above zero almost every day in December so far (+1 to +5'ish) and we've got no snow accumulation to speak of. We had our first snowstorm at Halloween, right on schedule, and we were all ready to settle in for winter. It was a very surprisingly short-lived stretch of misery though and except for one other short skirmish two weeks ago, the weather has been AMAZING! :cloud9:

Looks like it is going to be warmer than normal here.

I have mixed feelings about it. I enjoy the warmer weather, but it feels less like Christmas. Overall no snow etc... is a good thing I figure.

I grew up in Ontario so I have had my fair share of white Christmases. Moved to the West Coast of Canada many years ago and I am perfectly happy with our lack of snow!

Most of the predictions this year say that we (in the Pacific NW) will get a warmer and wetter winter this year because of El Niño.

Unforunately, looks like no White Christmas this year for much of the country:

1703015110742.png

Of course, in Alabama, we almost never get a White Christmas. I will always remember the snow we got on Christmas Day in 2010.

We got 6" or so of snow yesterday, but with forecasts calling for temps in the 50's by Christmas, it will be gone.

Philadelphia could use some warm weather, what with the Eagles gone cold getting blown away by Dallas and San Francisco.
And choking against Seattle. The Eagles are realistically only a .500 team. Only 4 or 5 of their victories were solid. The rest were luck or major screwups by their opponents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter