Christmas week Festival of Fantasy Dining Package question

rodjsr

I don't want to love Disney this much
Hi,
We have a lunch reservation at Tony's with the Festival of Fantasy Dining Package at 1250pm during Christmas week.

During Christmas week there are two showings of the (Christmas) parade: 12 pm and 3 pm.

We would much rather do the first showing at 12 pm, so that we can hop to another park after lunch, where we would have our FP+.

Does anyone know if the reserved viewing can be done for either parade time or can it only be done for the 3 pm parade?

The dining package seems to only be available at lunchtime (no breakfast) so I'm not sure how anyone could make the noon parade unless they have the tickets for the parade before they eat, but the description of the package says you get the tickets during the meal (which makes sense because they want to make sure you pay before giving you access to the reserved spot).

When we purchased this dining package last year during Christmas week, we definitely did not get a choice of parade times, and I'm pretty sure the time was 3 pm. I remember this because we had the same thought as you -- that we wanted to park hop as well -- but we ended up just pushing our park hopping until after the parade.

Also...you definitely get the tickets during the meal...our CM forgot to give us ours and we had to flag him down (we didn't notice until we were walking out the door). He also told us the wrong time for the parade (but this was an understandable mistake, because apparently our date was the first one of the season where the parade was running at a different time), which I mention only to warn you to double-check whatever time they tell you with another source. I remembered reading it was at a different time than he said, so I didn't trust him and double checked with another CM, and I was very glad I did.

That's too bad about not being able to do the first one. We'll have to park hop later in the day. I'm just worried about Christmas crowds, but it is what it is. Thanks!

Can I ask which date you got your reservation for? I only ask because I was trying to get something for the 29th and it seems like it’s sold out. I never imagined it would be that popular!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter