• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas

pentex

DIS Veteran
Please don't move this to another board because we really want the opinions of my fellow DVC friends....

We are going to spend the holidays for the first time in Disney...we are staying at the Boardwalk. Our daughters are 13 and 9 and are very into Christmas.

We've seen the resort at Christmas before so know about the beautiful places to see but since it's our first Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there, we'd really love your opinions on what to do those nights to make them Christmasy....

We read somewhere that Santa comes to the BW on Christmas Eve...anyone know what that's about?

Any suggestions for the Christmasiest place to have breakfast? How about dinner?

Any other Christmas advice to keep the fun alive on our first Christmas away from our home?

Thanks!
Steve & Joan

This is going back a few years but Santa was in the lobby of the BWV in the early evening -- I swear it was the real guy himself not a "helper". ;) The Candlelight Processional and the "Holiday Illuminations" have some elements of the religious Christmas that is kind of nice for Christmas Eve.

We are doing the 30 minute "sleigh" ride which leaves from the Wilderness Lodge. The cost is $35 and it sounds so Christmasy.

Thanks, guys...these sound great. I'd like to bump this up to get more comments. This really is a special trip so I hope to hear more on restaurants, etc....

We will be there for Christmas Eve/Day..we are doing the candlelight processional for Christmas day..I want to order a tree for our room from the Disney flourist..they will be taking orders later this month. The sleigh ride sounds nice too...might have to do that :goodvibes

We will be doing the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Day, too! :goodvibes We are eating at the Living Seas, one of the few restaurants that doesn't serve yucky special garbage on Christmas Day! ;) I am not in the mood for snails, or pate of worm, or whatever. If you do a Christmas dinner at most any restaurant, they are having duck, quail, and so forth, for a much-increased price, and reservations must be paid for by credit card. You WILL be charged if you don't show up, it's a madhouse on Christmas, since the locals eat out then, too, at the resorts.

But you absolutely MUST see the Osborne Family lights over at MGM, and at Epcot the fountain and Christmas arches are visual Christmas music, and are so wonderful, they are worth the cost of admission. Don't try to do your regular trip at Christmas, though, or you will be disappointed. There are so many people that you may not get on any rides at all without a lengthy wait.

If you are from the "snowy" northern US, you will get a kick out of minigolf at Christmas. We played minigolf on Christmas morning a couple of years ago, and it was such a treat when everyone at home was under a foot of snow! :rotfl:

It's truly a magical time of year, in typical Disney super-magic style. :love:

Ohh it all sounds wonderful!! We are planning for next (2006) christmas, I cant wait! More info please :goodvibes

You can get a tree from Disney florists? What is it like-tabletop size or something like that? How hard is it to get PS for christmas dinner at your first choice? How do you know what the christmas menu will be, since its different than the usual?

We are going to be there too and so very excited!!!! I just saw the Christmas menus today posted on allearsnet.com. I think you should call quickly for reservations----- Jean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter