Cigar Smokers

My husband is so upset that Fuego (Sosa cigar bar) closed in DTD! Our trip this past December for our honeymoon just was not the same without it (although, with it being our honeymoon and everything it still was amazing!). We did rent a car and ventured into Orlando one day and went to Corona cigar- that was fun!
We usually stay at the boardwalk with a waterfront view and he is able to sit out on the little balcony every night and enjoy a glass of scotch and a cigar.
Disney really really needs to incorporate a new cigar bar in it's downtown area. I'm glad to know we are not the only ones who feel this way. How can we get the word out that this is what the guests want?!

Wait... he smoked the cigar on the hotel balcony? You guys didn't get the cleaning charge added? Smoking is banned on the balconies, so I stopped smoking cigars at Disney as I didn't feel like sitting downstairs in the smoking area... I just assumed one would get charged.

Wait... he smoked the cigar on the hotel balcony? You guys didn't get the cleaning charge added? Smoking is banned on the balconies, so I stopped smoking cigars at Disney as I didn't feel like sitting downstairs in the smoking area... I just assumed one would get charged.

No, no cleaning fee! The maid even cleaned our ashtray everyday! Maybe it is different at each resort? Plus, my husband is super tidy!

No, no cleaning fee! The maid even cleaned our ashtray everyday! Maybe it is different at each resort? Plus, my husband is super tidy!
No.
It's the same at all resorts. The issue isn't tidy or not today.
The is due is that smoke sticks on the furnishings.

Here's a link to the Disney website smoking policy
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/designated-smoking-areas/
And this is what it says about resorts:
Resort Hotels
Smoking is allowed in select outdoor smoking locations only. A fee up to $500 will be charged to Guests smoking in the following non-smoking areas:

Guest rooms, including patio and balcony areas
Restaurants
Ballrooms
Indoor and outdoor common areas

Well- I guess we got lucky...no big deal either way. I'm sure my hubby will either try his luck again or just go to a designated area. No sweat off my back! Thanks for the link.

I can say that after enjoying cigars at Disney for the past many years a lot has changed. DTD had Fuego's and that was good for like 5 years. They did not get leased renewed and we know that the place is being replaced with a restaurant.
There are many places to enjoy, Dtd has many spots, House of Blues, Bongo's, walking any where and looks ya i get but not a problem for me. Don't smoke much in parks but you can but i like a good chair.
At the resort by the smaller pools usually is ok off to the side. Over the years i have always found other smokers to enjoy some space. If you want a little drive head to Corona on sand lake. One more, you can also sit inside of Sosa cigar store. Only a few chairs but works fine for me. Enjoy

I enjoyed reading the comments on the cigar shop closing in Downtown Disney. I am a non-smoker but do believe that smokers should have a spot that they can sit an enjoy their hobby. As to the man who said he got "stink eye" had to laugh as he is the one who stank !! :wave2:to Cigars stink - if you chose to smoke that is your right but the rest of us should not have to smell it. Areas should be set aside for people to enjoy a drink and a cigar - please just not in public areas.

I guess i will not enjoy my cigar in pubic when people stop using to much perfume which is harmful to other, not washing hands when using bathrooms, dropping food on ground and not picking it up, screaming at each other in public, swearing in public, over eating in public and last it one of my enjoyments for 40 plus years. So, i think I've earned a right to enjoy my cigar in a place that Disney has set aside.

I enjoyed reading the comments on the cigar shop closing in Downtown Disney. I am a non-smoker but do believe that smokers should have a spot that they can sit an enjoy their hobby. As to the man who said he got "stink eye" had to laugh as he is the one who stank !! :wave2:to Cigars stink - if you chose to smoke that is your right but the rest of us should not have to smell it. Areas should be set aside for people to enjoy a drink and a cigar - please just not in public areas.

Technically speaking all of WDW is a public area... I would agree standing in the middle of a theme park with a smoke is absurd which is why no one does it (outside of the spots Disney has setup). I personally think however standing in the middle of DTD is entirely different. I feel like realistic expectations would tell anyone that if your going to sit at an outdoor bar in the middle of the night your probably going to see a few smokers.

Technically speaking all of WDW is a public area... I would agree standing in the middle of a theme park with a smoke is absurd which is why no one does it (outside of the spots Disney has setup). I personally think however standing in the middle of DTD is entirely different. I feel like realistic expectations would tell anyone that if your going to sit at an outdoor bar in the middle of the night your probably going to see a few smokers.

Its a public area on private property. Not against the law, but against policy and "rules".

does anyone know if you can smoke cigars at the Mizner's Lounge at the Grand Floridian? There are cigars on the menu and my husband was looking forward to going there and enjoying a cigar during our trip in september. I think it is strange that you would be able to buy cigars there and not be able to smoke them... any help is appreciated :)

As far as I know, that information is outdated. We stopped in there a few years back to see if they had any cigars. My husband was pretty excited about it and it was a bummer because there were none. I am not sure if you are allowed to smoke in/ around there. We left after we found out that they didn't have cigars.

Bumping this old thread (I hope that is not against forum etiquette) as I have just noticed that the little Sosa cigar shop in Disney springs has closed. The last day apparently was 1/2/23, per this article.

Also bumping this old thread as it seems as good a thread as any to ask if anyone has any recent intel on any areas where one can enjoy a cigar and a drink in relative comfort. Before COVID I would have a cigar on a bench on the Boardwalk after buying a drink at that little stand there (forget its name.) But I have not been to Disneyworld since 2019 so I am not sure if the old smoking areas on the Boardwalk are still there. I'm staying at the Swan and the Grand Floridian, but I would travel around the property if there was an area, you know, designed for the cigar smoking set.

From the few videos I have seen of the Enchanted Rose balcony I tend to doubt smoking is allowed out there. (Not a single ashtray in sight.)

No longer a Disney person, but I am a cigar person. My last 3 trips have been in our RV, and we stayed at Ft. Wilderness. When I'm ready to have a cigar, I go out to the picnic table and relax there for an hour or so. Not a lounge, but still enjoyable to me.
I do that on every RV trip no matter where it's to.

Bumping this old thread (I hope that is not against forum etiquette) as I have just noticed that the little Sosa cigar shop in Disney springs has closed. The last day apparently was 1/2/23, per this article.
Sad news. The cigars were over priced there but I always stopped by for a chat and bought a stick or two during a WDW visit.
Also bumping this old thread as it seems as good a thread as any to ask if anyone has any recent intel on any areas where one can enjoy a cigar and a drink in relative comfort. Before COVID I would have a cigar on a bench on the Boardwalk after buying a drink at that little stand there (forget its name.) But I have not been to Disneyworld since 2019 so I am not sure if the old smoking areas on the Boardwalk are still there. I'm staying at the Swan and the Grand Floridian, but I would travel around the property if there was an area, you know, designed for the cigar smoking set.
Unfortunately, no areas in The World designed for us cigar smokers - all are set up for "a quick cig" and move along. Many don't even have a place to sit anymore.

I think you're talking about Boardwalk Joe's. In Sept 2022 there were benches in that area where you can still smoke.

Hang on, I am remembering being allowed to smoke at the indoor courtyard at the Swan in the past. That had quite a few comfy chairs if I remember right. Gonna check that out again this time.

EDIT: Not actually "indoors," the open courtyard inside the Swan.

Last edited:
Didn't the pot smokers take over those areas and ruin it for everyone?
lol... love the hierarchy of stinky smokable leafy plant materials... so sorry, you smokers of THAT stinky leafy pot plant are unacceptable but you smokers of the leafy cigar plant are somewhat ok... but not as ok as smokers of the leafy cigarette...
edited to add: my dad was a lifetime cigar smoker, he always believed that like magic, a 1/2 inch roll down of the window removed all the smoke from the car.... even now, after he has been gone for 5 years, every now and then I will come across something of his that has been packed away and it will still smell of his cigars, something that makes me smile, but I can understand that not everyone is a fan of the smell.

Last edited:
I would rather smell pot then cigars or cigarettes. Cigar smoke could be one of the more repulsive smells in the universe. Can't say I'm at all upset that Sosa is gone or that your limited to a select few areas to smoke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter