Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a smoker, but people who take multiple smoke breaks in a day -- that is a super long walk for a 2 minute cigarette. Ouch.

I feel bad for those who smoke. I know many people who have tried multiple times to quit and can't stop. Too bad they couldn't build some sort of smoking room for them inside the parks. Now I'm afraid we will all be walking thru a giant smoke cloud before entering the parks.

Thanks. I was only thinking of the ice itself and since they distribute cups of ice water, I couldn't figure it out. I also turned on my Keurig without putting the cup under it this morning, so I may be a bit slower than usual. Glad I have you guys to think for me!

Confession: I have witnessed it or I wouldn't have given it a thought. My stepfather once loaded a soft sided cooler with loose ice for a beach day and it leaked out everywhere (no big deal as it was just for drinks and parked on the sand but would otherwise have been a mess).

I am a complete disaster before the coffee starts working :drinking1

Regarding loose ice:

I understand they mean like a pile of loose ice inside a cooler or insulated lunch box so they're not rooting around during security. What I am unclear about (and the link to the FAQ links to the front page; nothing specific) is if I can have ice in a reusable water bottle at park entry. I mean, it's loose within the water bottle, but not loose in a cooler.

My guess is it would be okay, but I can't find anything that specifies one way or the other.

Regarding loose ice:

I understand they mean like a pile of loose ice inside a cooler or insulated lunch box so they're not rooting around during security. What I am unclear about (and the link to the FAQ links to the front page; nothing specific) is if I can have ice in a reusable water bottle at park entry. I mean, it's loose within the water bottle, but not loose in a cooler.

My guess is it would be okay, but I can't find anything that specifies one way or the other.

I’m pretty sure they mean loose ice just in the cooler itself. Is ice in a bottle really considered loose? Then again, is ice contained in a ziploc bag loose? Lol.

Pretty much the only park where smoking was not noticeable was animal kingdom. I’m an ex smoker and I’ve smoked at the parks. I see no issue with this. Smoking Is a choice.. I see this more as a great reason to make a goal of quiting if you have an upcoming trip

Thrilled that they are banning the smoking and vaping. Good job, Disney. I hope they make sure smokers are far away from the opening gates so people don't have to stand in a cloud of smoke at the entrance. Drives me crazy when people don't stand the required 20 feet from a building to smoke.

Sorry but I do not feel bad for the smokers. Now I am concerned about where they will put the smoking area outside. I really don't want to start off my day by walking through a cloud of smoke. If I wanted to smell like an ashtray I would take bath in a fireplace.

It's interesting to see how folks are thrilled by such bans, except for the ones that affect them personally.

Bill From PA

Strollers do affect me personally. I have a 2 year old.
BUT, the rule isn't "no strollers, anywhere, ever" and so I can bring an umbrella or other stroller that meets the requirements as can any other guest needing a stroller.

Ice does affect me personally. I sometimes travel with guests who have dietary restrictions and need to bring in their own food, and I have traveled while nursing and needed to keep expressed milk cold.
I'm not entirely sure what the workaround for this will be but I suppose asking for cups of ice (which Disney has said will be available and complimentary which leads me to believe they are not willingly taking on an expense unless it saves them $$ elsewhere) and bagging them myself after I'm in the park is an option if I have no way to freeze ice packs. Disney has not said "no ice anywhere, ever."

Smoking does affect me personally. I sometimes travel with a smoker (admittedly that is rare but it does happen).
The smoker in my travel party will have to plan accordingly. I can attempt to be considerate when I make a touring plan, just as I always have when said smoker would be at a smoking area in the past. Disney has not said "no smoking on any Disney property at all, ever."

Last edited:
Sorry but I do not feel bad for the smokers. Now I am concerned about where they will put the smoking area outside. I really don't want to start off my day by walking through a cloud of smoke. If I wanted to smell like an ashtray I would take bath in a fireplace.
I feel bad for the kids. No matter what, they’re going to have to be subjected to the smoke which already sucks, and now they’ll have to be brought out of the park, for many multiple times in the day.

I understand the smoking and strollers, but why prohibit loose ice? We don't carry a cooler, I just can't figure out how it causes a problem.

I'm confused on this one too. And it's the only one I see as being problematic, but as an allergy mom with kids on very restricted diets we tend to travel with a decent amount of food. We still eat in the parks, at least one TS meal per day, but quick service options are extremely limited so we take at least one meal with us for the kids. The coolers we use are leak proof and meant to be used with loose ice and they last in the hot Florida sun pretty well. And we just refill if we need later on. I can't do that with an ice pack. They don't keep things as cold and they don't last as long. And I wouldn't have anywhere in our hotel room or at the parks to refreeze them. Even if we did the time it would take to freeze an ice pack in the middle of the day it just wouldn't work out. Only solution I see would be to leave the parks and go back to our resort for one meal each day. Going to have to take some brainstorming to rework our plans on future trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter