Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope they don't ban coolers entirely or perhaps like other parks at least allow them with a doctor's note for meds and dietary restrictions. I do totally understand the issue with ice though. I mean I guess you'd have to be able to feel underneath it all because who knows what someone could be hiding in a heavy cooler full of ice. Hopefully, the zip loc bag method will be allowed though so security can pull the bags out and inspect everything but still make it quicker and easier than just a cooler full of ice.

I hope they don't either but I just feel like security will only get worse and worse as time goes on. Seems like the next thing to eliminate would be coolers.

My mom was a smoker and my siblings and I are not. However, I still have empathy for people who have an addiction. I bite my nails and literally absolutely nothing has helped me stop. Even if I get acrylic nails, I bite those. Addictions are real and not always a choice. I *know* it will get tiring and that is why I am already upset with it. I have seen him try to quit, but his anxiety and addiction are so strong it has never even been a whole week. He's even gone through rehab programs.
I can see why you're upset. Maybe with a bit of tweeking your touring there might be a middle ground that would work?

When my son needed to wear a cooling vest, we bought a vest that used "icepacks" that froze at 58 degrees. So only a refrigerator was required.

For those that need medical supplies cooled, First Aid almost always had room to store his extra set of cooling packs.

I don't think the mini-refrigerators at value resorts have a freezer section.
Can you put ice in an ice bucket with the ice pack inside it and leave it in the fridge? Or something along those lines... ??

I think the stroller sizing requirements may also help with the resort bus loading times. Also, I know that CMs won't love having to be the bad guy, but it also is being the good guy to other guests that have been negatively impacted by these items before banning. Speaking of bad guys, they should just have more security to enforce these rules BUT dress them as Disney Villains then it will almost be in character for them to be the "bad guy".

"You are bad-guy, this does not mean you are bad guy"

Wow great changes!

For smoking- I wonder if CMs will be directed to remind people of the new policy when they seem cigarettes in a bag or security tray? Or maybe bringing them in will be banned if it becomes too big of an issue?

Keenz- they need to just let it go. Its on them for making assumptions instead of waiting on Disney’s ruling. I am 0% surprised Disney would go with a broad, significantly more easily enforceable ban, than having brand or push/pull exemptions.

Ice- this makes sense to me too. Not to say it isn’t a pain (unless like mentioned above ice in bags is allowed and then its NBD), but the security folks do not need to be digging around in ice all day.

They should make 1 or 2 stroller only lines that have 2 metal posts, the exact width of what is allowed and if you can't push your stroller through the posts, it's too wide and you can't enter. Would make it a lot easier for the CMs needing to enforce this.
Oooo... I like this idea. Paint two marks on the pavement, pull the stroller up to the first mark and then check to see if it fits inside the second one. All of this could be accomplished during the bag check process.

Got no problems with any of this. Folks can go a day without smoking. I love cigars. But I don’t have to have one everyday. Certainly not in the parks. Hope Disney enforces all of this. Especially the stroller fiasco.
As for loose ice. I never knew anyone actually brought ice into the parks? No need for that. Freezer packs has been around for what 40 years?

I think the smoking ban is great, I've always thought that cigarettes should be just banned entirely from everywhere. My grandmother died of lung cancer, never smoked a day in her life, but my grandfather smoked constantly and always around her.

For strollers I'll have to look closer at the new rules soon since we are trying for a baby so will need one. Strollers never bothered me in the parks before, but some did seem rather large. Disney offers stroller rentals of their own, don't they? I'd probably look into that to know for sure it was within the rules.
the age of your baby will make a difference if you can use a Disney rental. no way to use if baby can not sit by self for long times. also if you have a young toddler unless you fasten every time child can get hurt trying to get out of stroller before you can stop it. Disney strollers are hard plastic and do not fold

Can you put ice in an ice bucket with the ice pack inside it and leave it in the fridge? Or something along those lines... ??

Thankfully he doesn't need them anymore. We use to bring a large cooler bag to the resort and put ice in ziplock bags and surround his ice packs. It took a couple hours to get them all frozen. Those Cool58 icepacks were great, freezing at 58 degrees! The ice packs were about a foot long.

I can't remember is that available OTC or do you need a prescription for it? It's been ages since I worked in smoking cessation. (And most of our clients rarely opted for the nicotine inhaler)

Prescription only as far as I know

Could they do a freezer pack swap station like they do the Fuel Rods, these are things that never affected me on my trips so I may just be naive.
Nice idea. I was thinking ice dispensers. But why would Disney spend money on setting up vending machines that will help people not buy their food?

And best of all they could be a separate bag check just for strollers!
Strollers can go through the bagless line. If it's JUST the stroller (at least that's how it was last year). I'd send my husband/FIL with the stroller and my daughter through the bagless line. MIL and myself would be the camel and bring all the bags through bag check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter