• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it, that's fine. They own the park, they get to make the rules. I can either follow them or not go. It's my choice. I applaud that they are allowed to make the choice and will always and forever do so. I do not want to be in a place where they are not allowed to do it. Just like as I've posted, we have businesses here that have made the choice to make their entire campus, include parking lots, which includes your vehicle on their lot, nonsmoking. It's a tough rule but I'm glad they are allowed to make it

Bull. Can to. I did. Cold turkey. Cigarettes ran out same day as my lighter ran out. I took it as a sign to quit. So I did. I'd smoked for 20 years too. Haven't picked one up since that day

It's super easy to enforce a complete ban, no grey area there. So wagons and cigarettes are simple
Too big a stroller may be more difficult though

Great for you. Doesn't mean everyone can or even most people can. Their anxiety level, addiction level, etc. all play a part in that. Would you expect a meth addict or herion addict to quit cold turkey?

I can't stop cold turkey and I know I can't, the anxiety is too strong. The patches make me sick and so does the gum. A prescription for Chantix is in the works now.

we will see but I would be one complaining if that is smaller than another double stroller that is allowed and plus with it being higher it is easier seen in a crowd. have seen many people run into strollers when cutting thru crowds. guessing they don't see the lower stroller
Doubtful. A typical ECV without anyone in it is only a few inches shorter than a Keenz. People walk into those all the time, because they don't "see" it.

Bull. Can to. I did. Cold turkey. Cigarettes ran out same day as my lighter ran out. I took it as a sign to quit. So I did. I'd smoked for 20 years too. Haven't picked one up since that day
Good for you! Thats amazing! :cool1: My mom was the same as you....smoked for almost 30 years, then quit cold turkey. If im being honest, I really didnt think she could do it, but she proved me wrong. And im glad she did. So congrats to you.

Why? A wagon is a wagon. A wagon is not allowed. Doesn't matter if it's in the measurements. Why do people have a hard time accepting rules when they don't like them?
I think you answered your own question ;).
Very well said. For those applauding, wait until Disney takes away something that you do....

I'm not a smoker, but I do feel bad for the smokers.
Shades of, "First They Came..."!
I might have to contact Disney, I wonder how a nicotine inhaler would fit into this, I can't see it falling under this umbrella, but now I'm generally curious.
Is there even the tiniest bit of output? Smoke, steam, vapor, scent? I just looked. It looks like anne-cig, so I'd expect it to be included in the ban.

Makes you wonder if they have got some special workaround through Disney. I mean, if you ask me, those are wagons, no two ways around it.
But, is there going to be some wording in this that allows these to be used? They had to have known something was up for them to have issued this
If you go to the Keenz site in their FAQ section is says as of May 1st they will no longer be allowed.

Good for you! Thats amazing! :cool1: My mom was the same as you....smoked for almost 30 years, then quit cold turkey. If im being honest, I really didnt think she could do it, but she proved me wrong. And im glad she did. So congrats to you.

Here's how my mother quit. She had an operation and had just woken up from being out and asked for one. The nurse said no but the doctor said, Oh, let her have one. HAHAHA My mom turned green and got sick as a dog. LOL the doctor knew it was going to happen.

Is there even the tiniest bit of output? Smoke, steam, vapor, scent? I just looked. It looks like anne-cig, so I'd expect it to be included in the ban.

Never used one so I am not sure, hence why I am tempted to ask Disney for clarification on that one. It would actually be a good idea anyway as I am planning my trip for July and have a day at MK. If it's not, it's not a huge deal, I just deal with it.

Here's how my mother quit. She had an operation and had just woken up from being out and asked for one. The nurse said no but the doctor said, Oh, let her have one. HAHAHA My mom turned green and got sick as a dog. LOL the doctor knew it was going to happen.
:lmao: Ha ha! At least it worked!

Yeah, frustrating. But maybe because of the new outright ban they will be more on top of it. I think the key is COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN when you see someone smoking. Complain to nearest CM. Complain to management. It's obviously become a problem for Disney to ban it all completely within the parks. And Disney "sees" everything, they really need to step up when they see it.

Personally, I would love to be a CM and tell someone they can't smoke. I want to do it and I'm not even a CM.
I don't recommend it! I did that several times. I said, "There is smoking in designated areas only." I was told to eff off, screamed at, etc. Or people would say something like, "You don't say," as they continued to smoke. Instead I just tried to avoid them. But I do think that many, many more vapers walk around vaping where not allowed (because they think they can?). It is so obvious in their body language. They look like drug addicts. They put their heads down to where they are holding the pen, and look around surepticiously.

My mom was a smoker and my siblings and I are not. However, I still have empathy for people who have an addiction. I bite my nails and literally absolutely nothing has helped me stop. Even if I get acrylic nails, I bite those. Addictions are real and not always a choice. I *know* it will get tiring and that is why I am already upset with it. I have seen him try to quit, but his anxiety and addiction are so strong it has never even been a whole week. He's even gone through rehab programs.
I hear you. Nicotine is more addictive than heroine, but it’s legal which makes it worse. I smoked for almost 26 years minus 2 pregnancies (cold turkey both times, what a treat) and have been desperate to quit for the last 5 years.

The longest I’d made it before this almost 11 month stretch was 3 months, then right back at it. It’s hellacious & the toll on my health & the money is atrocious, but addiction is not rational.

Has he tried Chantix? I know that works for many. Not me. I didn’t want a cigarette, but that’s because I was so nauseous I was dry heaving :sad2:
I ended up using patches (gum made my jaw unbearably sore) and kept them on 2-3 times the instructions. So I think like 6 months or so.

So the long jogging strollers are still allowed? That is an interesting choice. Regular strollers, even double strollers,are about 40 inches long. The jogging strollers are the ones that are 52 inches long. I never understood why people use them at WDW, they are really meant for rough terrain or at least jogging. :) It seems odd to me to cut inches off the width yet leave such an unnecessary long length.

I might have to contact Disney, I wonder how a nicotine inhaler would fit into this, I can't see it falling under this umbrella, but now I'm generally curious.

If it doesn’t produce vapor at all, there’s no way for anyone to actually know you’re vaping if you’re using one of the small ones and in no way does it affect anyone but you. Would I walk around the park using it? No, but a well timed bathroom break would work. They aren’t going to have cameras in the stalls...at least not yet.:)

They really are undetectable. My kids are teachers and they’ve learned the signals that they’re being used. Kids will vape right in class and they can’t tell by smell or sight.

Indeed. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of people I have seen smoking outside the now-gone smoking sections.
To be clear, the Designated Smoking Areas are NOT gone. Not until each park closes on April 30.
I'm not a smoker and do not like the smell, etc... but making it harder for smokers to comply with the rules will only mean the rules are broken more. And already, Disney doesn't enforce the rules.
I'm confused why do many posters assume this. Once advised of the smoke-free policy, why are so many posters so sure that smokers will smoke wherever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter