Cinderella Castle - Is it just me?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
We were at Magic Kingdom yesterday for 1st time in 2 years, and was surprised how bad the turrets looked. Completely faded. I don't recall the sun having such an effect on them in years past. Is it possible the netting from the Christmas lights is ruining them?

We were at Magic Kingdom yesterday for 1st time in 2 years, and was surprised how bad the turrets looked. Completely faded. I don't recall the sun having such an effect on them in years past. Is it possible the netting from the Christmas lights is ruining them?

I doubt it's the netting, but I agree the fading is starting to become rather noticeable. Maybe not to occasional park goers, but to me it's noticeable. I see it in person and in pictures. Florida sun for you I guess.

I suspect a paint job will be in the works at some point in the near to mid term.

They may be looking at a refurb for the castle like they just did in California. That would make sense if it's looking so faded right now. You may see that after the Xmas lights come down, the castle is off limits for a while.

I'm sure they will address this in time for the 50th. I'm starting to wonder if we are making a mistake activating our AP's for most of 2020. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of different things blocked off/down for refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter