Cinderella Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

kittyab

DIS Veteran
Is it worth it? We have reservations but I am thinking of dropping it since our experience at CRT was not good at all. Do the characters spend time with your child? How is the buffet?

It's different than CRT. First, it is a buffet, and while the food was hot tasty and there was planty of options to choose from, it is still a buffet.

I thought that the character interaction was really good, althought Charming is a bore IMO. If you plan to engage the characters you will have a blast because they truely are hysterical. Lady Tremain commisserated with me about raising girls, and did so while sneering at my Tweenage DGD, and sniffing at the two little Princesses with us. The sisters had plenty to say, and Cindy was very sweet. Proper but sweet.

The meal takes time because the characters do take time at ecery table and it is a large restaurant.
We generally do not feel rushed at character meals though, so I ope your experience at CRT was an anomaly.

All character meals are typically devised the same. The characters will be on rotation while you are eating and it will take about 45-60 to meet all of them. Like CRT they only stop at your table briefly for autograph signing and a photo op. The step sisters and Lady Tremaine are fun and theatrical and their interactions can be really amusing. Cinderella and Prince Charming do have a dance in the middle of the room at some point during the meal and during our meal he also took time to dance with any little princesses that were interested.

The food is standard Disney Buffet and if you've eaten at any of the other buffets you can expect it to be similar.

x
Dora

I think all the character meals are hit or miss. It depends on the crowds and how good the characters are at interacting. We had a fantastic CRT experience and our 1900 experience was pretty terrible. The characters were rushed, no lady Tremaine and the place was so packed it was tough to get to the buffett. Many people have great experiences at 1900. I would keep it if it doesn't break the budget.

This is the character meal I am most excited for on our next trip.

My friend just came back from WDW and pronounced it their favorite meal from their trip. She said the food was excellent and the Tramaine family was hysterical! Her only complaint was that the prince was dull.

This is the character meal I am most excited for on our next trip.

My friend just came back from WDW and pronounced it their favorite meal from their trip. She said the food was excellent and the Tramaine family was hysterical! Her only complaint was that the prince was dull.
Yep, he is that!

We were there recently and the Tramine Family was absent. We were so disappointed considering we booked this dinner mainly for them. The other characters came by took a quick picture and left. Nothing special at all. I was expecting so much more.

We were there recently and the Tramine Family was absent. We were so disappointed considering we booked this dinner mainly for them. The other characters came by took a quick picture and left. Nothing special at all. I was expecting so much more.

That is a shame. I have heard that the Tremaines have missed a night or two, and they really do make the night. What characters were there?

We just ate here in May and really enjoyed it. The steak and the strawberry soup were really delicious and the rest of our meal was good as well. The characters were a lot of fun and spent a decent amount of time with the kids. But we had some pretty great interactions at CRT as well so I guess it can be hit or miss.

Our Ratings of 1900 Park Fare (Dinner): (*rev 5/12/2015*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: A
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: A
.Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Strawberry Soup
. . . entree:.. Pork Roast, Citrus-Glazed Salmon
. . . dessert:. Bite-Size Cheesecake
NOTE: Dinner character interaction is good. The highlights are the dinner
ugly-step-sisters. They are usually a riot - and I seldom give such accolades.
For little kiddies, I would gladly trade the mediocre dinner food quality for
the character interaction. It seems the food is not as kid-friendly as breakfast.

It is a buffet, but it's probably my favorite of all the character meals (and we have done them all). The food is better than typical buffet fare, fresh and tastes good, and the character interaction is so fun here. Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters are hilarious. Actually, 1900 Park Fare is my top two favorite character meals -- the Mad Hatter breakfast is great too. Omelet station and good eggs benedict, and the Hatter (if you get the good one) is a riot!

Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Fairy Godmother.

Oh dear! CInderella is nice, and the Prince is dead bang boring. The Fairy Godmother is a good character but she can't carry the whole thing. I am really sorry.

Is it worth it? We have reservations but I am thinking of dropping it since our experience at CRT was not good at all. Do the characters spend time with your child? How is the buffet?

We enjoyed it a lot. Cinderella and the prince are fine, but the real entertainment comes from the Stepfamily. The food is great, and the entertainment is better.

We really enjoyed it - but all the characters were there, and our table was really close to the buffet! We found Cindy the least engaging, Charming was funny with us, joking about how his hair does not move when he rides his horse ( pretty sure it is a wig....)

Completely different from the castle.
I think it is worth it if you like the characters. We love the step family so it was so worth it and seeing the gingerbread house at the GF if you are there at Christmas is cool. Cinderella and the prince were blah, but goodness the villains were fun. Anastasia sang with my girls.
The food is buffet food, comparable to Crystal Palace so if you are eating there too, maybe pick one or the other.

We are not doing 1900 this trip, not worth the repeat, but 100% worth the first try, I prefer it to Chef Mickeys.

I think that eating in the castle at least once is a must do. We have done it several times and each year get the same grumpy old man waiter and decided to also skip there this year. So if you have done the castle before, try 1900!
Have fun!

We loved the character interaction as the step sisters were hilarious (although from previous posts it looks like they are hit or miss), but we are in the minority in that we didn't like the food. With that said, everyone's opinion/experience is different, so if it's one you have been wanting to try, I say keep it and give it a try. Good luck.

It's a buffet - and as others have noted in other threads, the menu has recently changed - and not for the better for us! BUT we love the characters. DD even gets a kick out of the boring prince! On our visit in Sept, Anastasia danced with my DD. She had an absolute blast, which makes it worth every penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter