"Cinderella", others arrested, labor dispute

SurfinTX

DIS Veteran
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/15/disney.protesters.ap/index.html

That's labor unions for ya! ;)

on the other hand if I'm getting paid $11.50 an hour in California my benefits better make up for that. If Disney wants to create all of these tiers of employees they will need to treat them like other major companies and bring salaries in line with experience and effectiveness...you can't have it both ways. Well, you can...but I don't want to think about what employee moral and service would be like afterwards.

1) I do not know whether Disney or the union is correct here.
2) However, it is certainly the union's right to protest or strike.
3) We see only one side of the story.
4) I would not presume to make a judgment on so few facts.
5) Let's hope for a settlement soon.

NOTE: After negotiating eight union contacts, I find that if there are points in the agreement over which both sides are unhappy, you have a good settlement. It seems when one side is really pleased, the other side is not.

Without those unions, the employees concerns would never be heard and companies would pay barely livable salaries and laughable benefits. Meanwhile CEOs are making 3 mil/yr and getting million dollar bonuses while they drive the companies into the ground. Treat employees fairly and they won't want to unionize. Unions are not perfect but they serve a purpose to protect workers. American workers are the hardest workers in the world. Some are lucky to get a week's paid vacation and minimal health benefits. Don't even think about eye or dental --- cuts into CEOs bonuses. The French work 35 hr/wk, get 5 week vacations ---- American businesses are fortunate that American workers are asking for so little.

Side note:

I met my husband on a blind date at the Rusty Scupper in Boston in 1979. It's been closed for a very long time but was a favorite of ours.

Your tag name brought back some pleasant memories. :)

Next thing you know there gonna be looking for Mickey Mouse underneath Giants Stadium.

Without those unions, the employees concerns would never be heard and companies would pay barely livable salaries and laughable benefits. Meanwhile CEOs are making 3 mil/yr and getting million dollar bonuses while they drive the companies into the ground. Treat employees fairly and they won't want to unionize. Unions are not perfect but they serve a purpose to protect workers. American workers are the hardest workers in the world. Some are lucky to get a week's paid vacation and minimal health benefits. Don't even think about eye or dental --- cuts into CEOs bonuses. The French work 35 hr/wk, get 5 week vacations ---- American businesses are fortunate that American workers are asking for so little.

Not disagreeing with you. Companies are in buisness to make money and with no regulation or other checks would do what they could get away with. It's always a balancing act with unions though. They can negotiate themselves right out of a job if they make the company non-competitive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter