• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella's Royal Table Policy Change

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
In response to complaints from guests and apparant abuses by others, Disney will be instituting the following change in policy for anyone making reservations for breakfast at CRT. This announcement comes from our home page, and follows up nicely on two lenghtly threads that we had on this topic here at the Rumors/News Board recently.

"Hot off the press! We have learned that Cinderella's Royal Table Character Breakfast will start requiring a credit card at time of booking as of June 9th. They will require that the lead name not be changed and that a deposit of $10.00 per adult and $5.00 per child will be charged at time of booking. All reservation must have the credit card to make the reservation and no names may be transferred to the reservation once it is booked. The cancellation policy is that you may cancel 24 hrs before your Priority Seating without losing your deposit paid and your credit card will be credited the deposit. To cancel you must call 407-WDW-DINE. This policy has been instituted because of newspaper articles that circulated about a month ago regarding a group of people flooding the phone lines trying to get reservations for others. Disney did not like the article and has now instituted this new procedure to try and level out the playing field for all guests."

I think its a excellant move by disney and levels the playing field for all guests. Now hopefully all guests will have a better chance to get this reservation rather than a select few taking up a large amount of the few spots available!

Cheers to Disney for their action on this problem. They saw a problem with the fairness of their existing system, so they did what was best for their guests.

Panthius:bounce:

I do not think that the new police will accomplish much. Asking for a deposit will not change much if, a big if, a credit card number is shared. The basic problem is that of supply and demand, with demand greatly outnumbering supply. To solve the problem you either increase supply (more princesses breakfasts) or decrease demand (make the breakfast more expensive). It sounds too simple.

I don't think this has anything to do with supply and demand. What this move by Disney has to do with is people exploiting the system for either personal financial gain or personal ego gain. This new system required by Disney will stop this from occurring which was their aim from start with this.

Panthius

I think this will help with guests making reservations and not showing up because they have had a change in their plans.

With this policy, you don't cancel, you get charged! May help guests to actually cancel, and allow other guests their tables!

I think this is an excellent move for Disney and makes it more fair for the rest of us. We went in Jan. 2002. We called 2 mos. ahead and still couldn't get in on any of our 9 days! I do agree with there being more demand, though. I wish there was a Princesses' Lunch or Dinner! Since we couldn't get in for the Princess Breakfast, we got the first lunch reservation, but didn't even catch a glimpse of any princesses. We did get a picture with Cinderella later. Maybe we will be luckier next time. We'll wish upon a star and see if that helps. Pomcoach:bounce:

I think that this will solve some of the problems but certainly not all of them. The fact of the matter is that too many people want those PSs. Maybe everybody didn't show up before, but that doesn't affect the fact that they sell out 3 minutes after the phone lines open each morning. And even though people won't be able to book the PSs and then sell or give them away, there are still too many other people trying to get them.

I agree that something has to be done to equalize the supply and demand. There was a time when only onsite guests could get PS (or actually ressies at the time) ahead of time. I think they should go back to that system, if not for everything, then for popular things like breakfast at Cindy's and Illuminations cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter