• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella's Royal Table Questions

foodiddiedoo

DIS Veteran
Today was my day for making reservations for our trip and I wasn't able to score the time I'd like for Cinderella's Royal Table. I was able to make a very early lunch reservation 11:45 and a very late dinner reservation (for a 4 year old) at 8:20. I want to keep one and cancel the other, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Which princesses come to Lunch vs Dinner? Is there any other benefit to dinner over lunch? Any help that can be provided would be great, and then I could free up a reservation for someone else who wants to get to dine in the castle.

There is never a guarantee on the princesses that will be there - that said regardless of breakfast, lunch, or dinner princesses will be there. Traditionally Cinderella greets you down stairs then up stairs you usually see 4 of the following: Aurora, Ariel, snow, Merida, Jasmine... I feel like I
Missing others.

Hope this helps.

I believe the only guarantee for breakfast, lunch and dinner is you will be greeted by Cinderella and you will meet some princesses. It is my understanding that the majority of the time this includes Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine (these were the four during our two visits). I’ve also heard of Merida and Belle making appearances or substituting but not on a regular basis.

I would recommend the lunch if you’re worried about the late reservation because CRT also takes longer than most one credit character meals. Both times we did this dinner it was over a 2 hour time commitment where other character meals averaged around 1 hour. They were running a little behind schedule, it takes extra time to greet Cinderella and take photos in the lobby, watching the fireworks if you’re dining during that time of the day, meeting the princesses during dinner and enjoying all three courses of the meal takes extra time but is a very fun experience!

Last edited:
I would keep the lunch reservation and get rid of the late dinner. It's not like you'll be actually eating at 11:45AM--you might be meeting Cinderella downstairs by 11:50AM, then called upstairs by Noon, get seated, look over the menu, order...maybe get the first course of food by 12:15PM? I do believe that Aurora/Snow White/Ariel/Jasmine are the usual princesses, they have pre-set announcements for each princess before they come out to greet people.

I would absolutely keep lunch. We've done both lunch and dinner and noticed no difference in the experience.

I've gone for lunch twice and both times Cinderella met down stairs and the Princesses that walked around were Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine. I would go with lunch because it's always nice to have a break from the park in the middle of the day. It will start to get hot around that time so you can escape the heat for a little bit. The dinner time seems really late for a 4 year old, when does she normally go to sleep?

I've gone for lunch twice and both times Cinderella met down stairs and the Princesses that walked around were Aurora, Snow White, Ariel and Jasmine. I would go with lunch because it's always nice to have a break from the park in the middle of the day. It will start to get hot around that time so you can escape the heat for a little bit. The dinner time seems really late for a 4 year old, when does she normally go to sleep?
She's a between 8 and 9 pm girl but will stay up late for excitement. I'm just going to cancel dinner and do lunch. Anyone need a 8:20 PM reservation on September 7th ;)?

When we did lunch with our kids, our youngest daughter was 5. We surprised the kids with lunch at CRT. We hide our daughters Snow White costume until we got to the castle, and then she got dressed in the bathroom. It was great meeting the princesses, especially Snow White. It was a great surprise and a nice lunch. Enjoy your visit.

I also recommend that you keep checking for different times too. People's plans change and things open up. There are resources online that can help with that too. You may be able to score an earlier dinner. Good luck.

I also recommend that you keep checking for different times too. People's plans change and things open up. There are resources online that can help with that too. You may be able to score an earlier dinner. Good luck.
Thanks! I signed up for an alert on Touring Plans for a more reasonable 6PM time frame. Maybe I'll get surprised!

I would check again. CRT isnt as popular as it once was. I usually take time to decide if I want to go "again" and am always able to get a reservation, any time I want, well after my 180 days. Unless youre with a large party, I can believe it would be booked up already. Keep looking. If nothing becomes available, keep the lunch. It will get you all out of the sun for a bit and your child wont be as tired.

I would check again. CRT isnt as popular as it once was. I usually take time to decide if I want to go "again" and am always able to get a reservation, any time I want, well after my 180 days. Unless youre with a large party, I can believe it would be booked up already. Keep looking. If nothing becomes available, keep the lunch. It will get you all out of the sun for a bit and your child wont be as tired.
Is 5 a large party? It's me, my husband, my parents, and our daughter.

Between the 2 I would do lunch but we do CRT almost every trip but the girls prefer the breakfast. They have looked at the menu and just don't like it. Will the menu effect your little one in any way?

Between the 2 I would do lunch but we do CRT almost every trip but the girls prefer the breakfast. They have looked at the menu and just don't like it. Will the menu effect your little one in any way?
Our whole family isn't a breakfast family, we usually just have something quick like a granola bar/cereal bar before we head into the parks each morning, so lunch/dinner was certainly the better option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter