Cinderella's Royal Table?

Karbase8

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I have booked a dinner reservation for our last day of the trip. I have a DS who is willing to go along :). I have been to Disney 6 times mostly as a child and I have never been inside the castle. I have always just wanted to eat there once just to see the inside. I have heard mixed reviews, is it that bad? I know it's overpriced, I am willing to splurge, but now I am 2nd guessing going. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!!

While from what I understand the food isn't abysmal or anything, most reports are that you shouldn't eat there for the food, but for the castle/princess experience.

I have eaten there twice. Once for breakfast, once for dinner. Your right it is over priced, but the experience was worth it to me. Food wise I wasn't a huge fan of dinner, though I loved the breakfast.

I only really know about breakfast, so I don't know how much help this will be. I had so much fun eating in the castle, and we're doing it again on our next trip. Our service was pretty decent and the food was delicious. I want to say our waiters' name was Tom...:idea: I do think it's about the experience, though- not really about the food or service. I might stay away from the pear dessert, though, lol. According to Kevin's review from about a year ago, that was terrible!

I hope you have a great time!

Has anyone eaten lunch there? We're having lunch there this trip and would be curious as to your point of view.

We just had dinner at CRT last week and I almost canceled after reading recent reviews and considering the ridiculous summer cost per person. We had a great meal and a fabulous time. I made the ADR because DNeph(14) and DNiece(10) were so excited about eating in the castle (their first trip) and DNiece was scheduled for BBB makeover before dinner and late- night EMH in MK. Other DNeph(13) and I have eaten breakfast @ CRT several times (love it) and one lunch last year for DGrDs b'day (less than stellar).
We all had the beef tenderloin and the kids LOVED the mashed potatoes. The appetizers were OK, the beef was very tasty and tender - they all ate their asparagus - and the desserts - we each got the minis - were really mini LOL but tasty. Cinderella was downstairs and then Snow White, Belle, Aurora and Ariel were all upstairs. I was so glad I didn't cancel - they all enjoyed it so much and I was so glad to see them eat something other than cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets;) that it took some of the sting out of the price.
Our ADR was for 8:10 but we were done at BBB by 7:30 - I asked if it were possible to get anything earlier and they seated us right away. It was very pretty to watch the sunset colors through the stained glass windows.

We had lunch in May after having a bad experience last October. If you would have asked me between October and May what I thought iwould have told you it was worthless and the food wasn't good. We this past May we went back because Dh wanted to take the girls back and we really enjoyed our food. Yes it's not worth the money for what you eat but the food was good and our server was exceptionnal. We had lots of fun so much so that I made reservations for our trip next month and this is comingfrom someone who swore to never go back

I think it is definitely worth it for the experience. You are paying to eat in the castle. The food is okay, nothing special. Years ago it was but now it's just good. I would still go and try it at least once. It is magical dining inside Cinderella's castle!

I had dinner there for the first time in May and while the food was fine, it wasn't anything to rave about, IMO. For me, it's more of eating inside the castle than the meal. It is alot of money to spend on an ok meal, but I see it as part of the Disney experience and being inside the castle :wizard:.

We went here for lunch on our last trip.. Food was ok but the experience of eating in the castle and meeting the princesses is worth the price.

We are going again in June but going to do breakfast instead.

We have had breakfast and lunch there. We are booked for dinner on the next trip.

I always say we will never go back because it is overpriced and the food is nothing special but the kids love to go. You really need to look at it as paying for the photo with cinderella and eating in the castle.

We thought it was great! We had a great view, a crazy fun server and the food was actually pretty good. As for the interaction, the princesses were great!!! We were all excited about them coming around and we had a blast! I would go again :)

The only time I ate there it was for Lunch. I enjoyed the experience & my meal although it was a few years ago. We had a wonderful server & the interaction with the characters was great even though we were a party of 2 adults. I would like to go back again maybe even for dinner. I know we were on the Dining plan at the time but I don't remember if Lunch was 1 or 2 credits, I think it may have been 1 at that time.

Grossly overpriced ?

Yes.

But, as mentioned above, the experience itself will be literally unforgettable, especially if you have wide-eyed children in tow.

For dinner, expect food that rates about a C+ on a "good night" all the way down to a D- on a bad one.

The call is yours.

We went for lunch in Dec. 2006 and at that time I would agree that the food was not great. But, we went again for dinner (after they changed it to princesses) in August 2010 and I was shocked at the difference. I thought the food was really great and the service was excellent. We had a boy, 10, in our party and he was not into this, and didn't want any adult options. He was allowed to order a kids meal, but the server brought him two hot dogs and the adult sides as well, so he had a larger meal, but without the offending entree. Our baby, 1 1/2 at the time was given a complimentary plate of buttered pasta, which she loved. (At some places we have just had to share off of our plates or order a meal). The princess rotation was well organized and everything was timed very well. So, I think there have been improvements from the once maligned meal service.

done lunch four times. Now that our daughter is older we will be taking a break. Before the third time we had discussed that being the last because of her age. She had such a great time that as we left WDW that year my wife mentioned that she thought we should go back.

Not the case this time. The experience was still good and she still had a good time but, while she was still excited, the level was down a bit. I don't think we want to go there if she isn't really excited. That and they replaced the Major Domo on the lunch menu.

Askerhus is only one credit and is cheaper out of pocket, but not only do you eat in the castle, the surrounding attractions support the princess experience better. After BBB there are the murals in the castle, the fountain and the carousel that reflect the Cinderella story.

I've never eaten there, but based on everything I read from these boards we booked lunch for our next trip. Our girls, ages 6 and 4, will be so thrilled to be inside the castle and meet the princesses. I read over and over what PP stated already. You pay for the experience, not the food.

We were also lucky enough to book the BBB before our meal. Then the girls will be all dressed up for the pics with Cinderella.

Lunch is the only meal we'll do at CRT! We love it and are going for lunch there in December!

As everyone has already said, the experience is what you're paying for. When I went in 2010, I was actually really surprised that I liked the food as much as I did. I suppose going in, I expected a lot worse but the food was pretty good the day I went! Good desserts, too. I would do it again, for sure.

I think it is absolutely worth it! Yes, it is expensive, but the experience is magical for the kids (and if I am being honest, for me too!). My daughter had a whole hour of watching princesses! You don't get a lot of time with each one, but she just enjoyed watching them as they worked their way around the room. We have done breakfast and dinner and I thought the food was good both times. I had the fish for dinner and it was really good. Seeing Cinderella as soon as you walk in sets the whole tone for the experience. I say go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter