Cinderellas Royal Table

carrotsparkle

Earning My Ears
Hello! My husband and I are surprising my daughter with a trip to Disney World for her 5TH birthday. We will be at the Magic Kingdom November 15-18th. I am wondering if you have any tips about booking a reservation at Cinderellas Royal Table and if it is worth mentioning her birthday to the staff! Thanks for your help!

If you do not already have the reservation, you'll have to get lucky and be very flexible about time and meal.

Try the free Touring plans reservation finder. It worked for us on our trip last week. We are a party of all adults and I have to say we were very impressed with CRT. We did it for DS's girlfriend who hadn't been to Disney since she was a little girl. The food was wonderful, service was great, and the character interaction was fun! So a great meal and experience- even for all adults!

If you can't get into CRT, try looking for a reservation at Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare (either breakfast or dinner) or even Chef Mickey's. You can always note the birthday on the reservation and mention it when you check in. Celebrations are at the discretion of the staff so there is no guarantee it will be recognized. Make sure to get her a birthday button at guest services and have her wear it so the CM's can see it's her birthday.

As everyone else has said try NOW and keep trying for a reservation and be flexible on the time. And yes have them note on the reservation about the birthday. We got lucky on my 17 year old daughter's 5th birthday on our 1st trip. Snow White and Ariel were at our table and when they brought out a birthday cupcake they sang Happy Birthday to her.

I think everyone should try CRT at least once for the experience, but we don't love it. Personally we much prefer to get a breakfast ADR at Akershus (spelling???) in Epcot. If you aren't able to get CRT try that instead!

People have to cancel 2 days before to get their money back so keep an eye out around that time frame. Sign up for the free reservation finders. When I went there last someone was a no show and they were asking people walking by if they wanted to have lunch there, but I wouldn't bank on this happening.

I think it's worth doing once, especially with small kids. It was nice to eat in the castle, but it is overpriced and mediocre as far as the food is considered.

I think it's worth doing once, especially with small kids.

1) I do agree with this statement.
2) Although I think CRT
. . . is highly over-rated for food quality
. . . is highly over-priced for what is offered
. . . is highly over-praised for princesses, since Akershus is a viable option
. . . is highly over-hyped as an experience
3) BUT, it is unique for many folks . . . after all, IT IS the castle.
4) In my personal opinion, I think the kids get more from the experience when at least 8-9 years old.
5) Again, this is personal opinion.

1) I do agree with this statement.
2) Although I think CRT
. . . is highly over-rated for food quality
. . . is highly over-priced for what is offered
. . . is highly over-praised for princesses, since Akershus is a viable option
. . . is highly over-hyped as an experience
3) BUT, it is unique for many folks . . . after all, IT IS the castle.
4) In my personal opinion, I think the kids get more from the experience when at least 8-9 years old.
5) Again, this is personal opinion.

Yes agree with all except #4 lol. My girls were 11 and 8 when we went and they were like, "blah, whatever". I think it was because they have been to WDW 6 times and they don't get excited over princesses anymore! I wish I would have taken them when they were younger on one of our first trips.
Just my opinion though!!

If you are staying anywhere near the boardwalk area then the Bon Voyage breakfast might feel even more special - everyone in the restaurant sings happy birthday (well, I think it was Happy Celebration or something, I forget the details but it was to everyone celebrating birthdays or anniversaries).

I loved Cinderella's Royal Table, I think your daughter would be blown away! However it is difficult to get reservations, keep checking for cancellations, even when you are in Disney because people do cancel the day of their reservations. In the mean time I do suggest trying on finding reservations at Akershus in the Norway Pavilion in Epcot because she can meet a lot of the princesses there as well. I would also suggest the 1900's Park Fare where for dinner reservations she can meet the characters in Cinderella.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter