• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cindy b-fast...to dress up or not?

angbuz

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip to Disney and we were lucky enough to get breakfast at the castle with Cindy? My neighbor tells me that all the little girls at the breakfast dress up like Cindy. My 5 y/o daughter would absolutely love to dress up. Is it true that most girls do dress up? Do most people bring other clothes for the girls to change into? DD already has a Cindy dress so I don't have to go out and buy one, just dread the idea of packing the dress. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. princess:

I let my girls wear the costumes then change afterwards. It's too hot and uncomfortable to wear them doing the rides and attractions. It's nice to go when they're still little enough to want to dress up.

Hi,

I'd say that on the whole most girls will dress up for Cindy's but it's not obligatory. We bought ours from home for the occasion but I've also seen a number of people visiting the store just outside the castle and quickly putting it on before going in.

We took a backpack with a change of clothes for our DDs for when they came out.

Yes, it can be a bit messy but adds to the "magic" IMHO.

When we went with my nieces in January, we found it easier for them to just wear a crown. That way, there was no changing involved and the crown didn't take up too much room in their daybag.

Certainly, not Everyone dresses in a costume! I agree with Maine_Jennifer. My Granddaughter wore a crown, felt very, very special and had a wonderful time. We have wonderful pictures too! I like it better, but that is truly a personal choice. Have fun no matter what you decide.

My DD 4.5 is dressing up as Sleeping Beauty but then we have ressies for the Norway Princess Breakfast...but we'll take a backpack with clothes for after breakfastprincess:

My daughter always wears her park clothes under her costume but this is in Dec. when it's chilly in the morning. After the breakfast she just takes it off and I cram it in the backpack.

Definately take the dress.

When taking pictures in the castle don't point your camera towards the windows. It makes the pictures too dark. Learned this tip from experience.

Enjoy!

Lori

Thought I'd share what we're doing. Daisy Kingdom makes some beautiful Disney princess fabric -- the skirt material has portraits of each princess around the hem. I bought some of it and my mom made the girls dresses with the material. Since we're going in June, the dresses are sleeveless, but full skirts so air can circulate. I think they'll still get attention from the princesses while being comfortable at the same time.

Originally posted by BrerMama
I think they'll still get attention from the princesses while being comfortable at the same time.

I think all kids will get attention from the princesses whether they are wearing a costume or not. :)

Don't worry about it....just do what you think is right for you.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter