• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinema Disney Springs

Welsh_Dragon

Y Ddraig Goch
My son has just noticed that Spider-Man will be released on 17 December, while we are staying at WDW. Is it a nice cinema? Do you have to book in advance? Have you tried the dining experiences?

My son has just noticed that Spider-Man will be released on 17 December, while we are staying at WDW. Is it a nice cinema? Do you have to book in advance? Have you tried the dining experiences?

Before COVID, AMC was running Wizard of Oz for one nights only. DS and I were going to be at Disney. I've never seen on big screen so we bought tickets. We bought in advance so we could pick good seats. You can walk up and just buy what is left.

Here was the tricky part, we arrived and the people didn't know what we were talking about. There are two entrances and our movie was "not accessible" from the entrance we went to first by the parking lots. :confused3 They told us we had to walk around into the main area of Westside to enter at that door. It legit looked like two different lobbies, one was bigger. Make sure to add extra time in case you can't "get through"...

We didn't buy the food, it is traditionally very expensive and there are too many good places to eat at DS.

We usually go every year, it is a tradition for us. It is a nice theater. We have always bought our tickets in advance, we like being able to select our seats. We participate in the fork and screen, food is good, not great. There are better dining options in Disney Springs, but my kids like it so we do it. I would compare the food to an Applebees or Cheesecake Factory.

Yes the AMC at DS is nice and definitely recommend it to watch a movie! Note there are actually TWO theater options within the same complex but with two different entrances/experiences:

Entrance across from Splitsville/Jaleo:
This is the regular AMC cinema with standard seating. Seats can be reserved in advance online or via the app, or you can also purchase at the box office. Standard self-service concessions in the main lobby.

Entrance across from Planet Hollywood:
This is AMC Dine-In which is their specialty dinner theater concept. Come hungry!! Seats can be reserved in advance online or via the app, or you can also purchase at the box office.. Menus are available online if you would like to view food options in advance, once in the theater you go straight to your seat and order from a server in the theater by pressing the button next to your seat, the food is served at your seat on a small pull-out table in front of you.. In addition lunch/dinner, there is also a full bar available and desserts/shakes/etc.

I've never experienced the DS AMC, but I'm a A-List member for my local AMC cinema, and go all the time.

If you've never been to a dine-in theatre before, it can be a little distracting having servers moving about. In Mass. we aren't back to ordering from your seat (eliminated during Covid) so we order at the bar, and then they bring the food to your seat. Food is fine. Standard pub grub. It is wayyy overpriced, but that's true of all cinema concessions.

If/when you book your tickets, note if you'll be in Dine-In or Standard seating. Standard is, duh, standard cinema seating. Dine-In has seats clumped in twos, with a large table that swings to the front of each chair. Picture an airplane tray. Those seats do recline.

If you don’t already have tickets, it might be too late. MANY Spider-Man showings are already sold out in advance. Go on the site and see.

I love the Disney Springs AMC … I live in Florida.
This is always fun to attend especially if it is the Premiere weekend open. At the front entrance they usually have a photo opp for the Premiere .. I make the effort to go for the Premiere Open to make sure I see the new movie on their best big screen! If there is another popular movie opening it might kick it out of the better screen !
Also love to see the DisneyWorld Commercials on their big screen before the movie begins. I recently saw Encanto on the big screen at AMC … I’m pretty sure Spider-Man is Sold Out first weekend.
We had to get tickets for the Monday of the first week…
Good luck . The length of this movie affects the showtimes because it is 21/2 hours long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter