Circle Journal - Group II sign-ups

pattyT

DIS Veteran
First round due out by June 1st!!!

You can go on two peas if your not sure what I am talking about -
there is also an article in this months issue of scrapbooks etc...

It would have to be limited to 12 participants
first come first serve...

we will start a yahoo group for the CJ group so we can post mailing addys and 411 there...

DOES NOT have to be a Disney theme CJ but a great way to get to know our DIS friends - I have done a Favorite Song CJ (which is kewl cuz I put a cd in it and everyone burnt their fav song to it) and now I am in one with a 'Drink Menu theme' for my book. Other themes in other books were 'All About Me', A letter to my younger self, my favorite vacation spot (duh for us here-lol) my dream vacation, In my Heart of Hearts, A memorable Moment, My purse (kinda funny with all th contents in some of them), etc... again check out twopeas for more great theme ideas!

once a month mailings - by the first
Must have Intro/directions page (be sure to specify if youlike BULKIES or don't want them, sign in pages and
minimum 2 page spread per person
max size album would be 8x10 for shipping price reasons... kind is not importatn - I buy spirals from Mikes and pull out the spiral put ribbons through and alter, i have seen CM books, paper bag books, and several other types so that doesn't matter. (the smallest I have seen is 6x6 ish)

I read the article about CJ, and it sounds interesting. I'll have to go back and look at it again to see what's involved. Next month is turning out to be a really busy one for me, so I'd have to make sure I could find the time. Please keep us informed. I would love to do something like this!

I'll play! I just got into a CJ group on 2peas, but a Dis one would be fun. If you need help organizing Patty just let me know, I'd be happy to help out. I'd love to do a Disney theme! "My favorite character" maybe?

I din't meatn that it Couldn't be a DISNEY theme -
just that it didn't have to be...

so ILOVEPOOH1 had the"favorite Character" theme
mine is going to be "Most treasured Disney moments" or 'true confessions - disney style' - I haven't decided as of yet!

ha-ha I don't even know what theme I will take - lol

SweetMaxine - that is why I am doing monthy mailings - i was in a CJ group where it was every two weeks and it was tough for everone at some point... I figure monthly will work out better

Patty, I didn't know what a CJ was until you mentioned it here in the past and I looked it up then. I would definitly be interested. Not sure what theme I would pick right now, but it sounds like something very special to do. Joyce

Patty,

So everyone picks there own them and sends it around or we al have teh same theme? Very cool idea. Here's a list of themes I found:

Circle Journal Ideas

ABCs of me
A Day in the life
Ambitions-past, present and future
Animals
Art inspired dreams
Baby mine
Being a girl
Being a mom
Birthdays

Canada Day
Challenges
Childhood memories
Chocolate
Colours
Confessions

Destinations
Detours
Dreams

Fabric of our lives
Fabulous fantasies
Faith
Favourite Colours
Favourite photos
Favourite song
Favourite time period

Finding your inner strength
Five senses
Flying creatures
Friendships

Girl in the mirror
Girl lessons
Girl talk
Gratitude
Great books
Greatest accomplishments
Guess who’s coming to dinner?
Guilty pleasures

Home town travel guide

I believe
If I could . . .
Inner strength

Joy
Junk journal

Life Lessons
Little known fact

Love lessons
Love quotes

Makes you happy
Monochromatic
Most memorable moment
Mother’s of boys
Mother’s of girls
Motivations
Music
Music that speaks to my heart
Music that moves you
My dream job
My favorite things
My gifts
My talents

Never ending story
Needless information

Oh, the places you’ll go!
One wish
Our town
Outer limits

Peaceful places
Pets
Poems
Priceless relationships
Proud moments

Quotes

Recipes

Seasons
Self portrait
September 11
Serendipity
Simple pleasures
Spending time
Star signs
Sweet dreams and lullabies

Things I am wild about
Things my mother taught me
Time period
Tips & Techniques
Top 10 list
Tradition
Travel/Journeys
Turning 20
Turning 30
Turning 40, etc

Vacation spots

What do you cherish
What if I couldn’t fail?
What I know for sure
What I like about me
What I love about me
What makes me giggle
What makes me happy
Words of wisdom
Who you would like to meet (living or dead)
Words to live by

Your Reflections Voice

Zoo – My real Life

Carrie - I was just going to post the same thing!!! I found this thread on 2Peas.

List of Ideas Thread

I would definitely be interested in something like an 8x8 book swap regarding Disney themes.

Great idea!

Thanks for finding and posting all the great links...
and 411

Yes each person has their own theme for the album

(one of the kewlest ones in my group was Plan a Dinner Party for 10 - what would you have,and who would you invite (dead or alive)

So far it sounds like we have
ME
crazyforpooh1
mla973
twigs

(??? - wtplc, sweet maxine)

If it doesn't fill up here by Saturday I will take it to To Peas to fill the slots left -
is that ok with everyone??

I was hoping to make it a Disboard project :(

other disney theme ideas:

Your favorite Hotel
Your favorite Ride
Your favorite non park activity
Your favorite Movie

Scrapbooking themes:

Your favorite technique
your favorite product

Patty - I'm in. I'd like to do favorite Disney memory.

Hey Patty! Count me in! :flower:

I've been dying to do a circle journal but would rather start here - kwim?

Kim

Patty, I would like to join in also. The circle journals in the magazines always look so cool. I have a question, is it one journal that goes around, or do we each start a journal that goes around? Angel

Patty,

Thanks for hosting! I think this sounds really great. Just to summarize out loud here, as I've never done this before...

We need to purchase/create a book (min. 6x6, max. 8x10) for the circle journal. I'm assuming one page for sign-in, one page for instructions, and a double-page spread done by the journal owner need to be created before passing on by June 1. Then, 11 participants will each create double-page spreads as they receive the journals. So, my estimation is the books need to have space for 26 pages? Does that sound correct?

Also, a suggestion... IMHO, I would really like it if all of our themes related to Disney in some way. I will still participate if otherwise, just that we have all "met" because of Disney, and it seems fitting to "get to know each other better" through Disney as well. Just my 2 cents. Again, I will participate either way, just wanted to throw that out there.

Will you be choosing a standard size and/or brand for the books, or do we each choose our own? (i.e. page protectors, no protectors, etc.)

This sounds great. I guess by June 2006, we will have them done??? I hope we get 12 people from the DIS to sign up. :earboy2:

Megan

your summary is correct - but I would advise to add extra pages (I know the 2peas group I am in one of the topics one of the girls requested to be albe to use 4 pages to accomodate all of her journalling)
and my SIGN IN pages were a two page spread...

everyone chooses their own style book - you are correct...

I would also prefer it all be disney theme -
but I would rather have all DIS BOARD members - and if they prefer a different theme to get to know their fellow disboard members so-be-it.
(it can always have a disney twist - like if Kim decided she wants to do 'All About Me' you could use all Disney paper and embellishments!)

And yes we should be done by June 2006 full circle!
s long as all goes well!

were uo to 7 now

Patty, I'd like to do the circle journal, but I've got twins who will be seniors next year in HS, and I'm thinking it will be a really busy year. I'm not sure I can commit to doing this for the whole year.

How much time does it involve? I wouldn't want to get started with something, and then not be able to finish it. I might be better off just sticking with the swaps for right now.

completely understanfable Maxine -

I whipped out pages for the CJ I am in in 2 nights cuz I am leaving for 2 weeks this month -

here they are for an example: (ohh and I had my 4 year old take the pictures - lol it was fun!)

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=528586

hey i just thought of something -
what a great way this is going to be to use up some of the old swap stuff i haven't put in my albums yet!!!! :cool1: :earsboy:

hey patty, I still don't get it. :guilty: do all the books go to one person at a time? so you would do 12 in one fell swoop? clearly I shouldn't have had that glass of wine with dinner before reading this. :) (and why does it take a year?) maggie

I "think" I may want to join. Need to go on 2peas an read all about it while I'm off the next 2 days so I will get back to you with a final answer......:)

nicurn - I believe each participant starts their own book (12 total), then each month, you pass it onto the next person and create 2 pages for their book (which will have its own unique theme).

So, if there are 12 people, each taking one month to complete their 2 pages, it will take one year for the books to come full circle back to the original creator. (At least this is how I understand it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter