Circle of Flavors - Progressive meal at AK

AngiTN

DIS Veteran
Did this last night for my birthday celebration.

It is fabulous. 2nd only to Savor the Savannah, which I also did on my birthday a couple years ago. The meal is self paced, meaning you can spend as long as you want at each station. We opted to go at the beginning.

Check in is at Harambe/Africa train station. They go over the animals being celebrated and then you get a welcome drink Pogmosa) and go in for some food and additional wine/beer offerings. There’s always non-alcohol choices at each stop too. Food is all served as tapas/small plates. DH and I shared most all options and did not double up on anything. Did not do any of the “family/kid friendly” choices. We still ran out of room for all the food.

From Harambe you board the train to Rafiki’s and there you meet Rafiki and Timon. There’s more drinks and food options up there. Along with a virtual reality experience with lions. They put 360 degree cameras in the lion encloure and baited them so the lions come right up to them, putting their noses on the camera. One lioness is unsure and the male and one of the female play at one point. It’s awesome. Voluntary part but highly recommend spending the few minutes for this. You then get the mark of Simba if you want.

Next is back on the train to Harambe Market. Oh, and you can board the train with food and drinks, hint-hint. We brought drinks with us along the way. I did mixed drink at each stop and DH did the beer (Tusker)

Food at Harambe is served at each counter there and each one is dedicated to the “five” that are featured animals for the night.
Water Buffalo
Cheatah
Lion
Rhino
Elephant

There’s a dessert station and a place to grab flavored popcorn prepared and boxed.

They have a bead station set up, with a hand carved feature bead from one of those 5 and colored beads to represant various traits. You pick 1 feature and 4 add on beads.

As you leave you are given a gift. I’ll hold off mentioning what it is unless someone asks. I figure some are like me and enjoy the surprises. Which is why I didn’t give details about each food presented just saying that everything was wonderful. I’m not a huge adventurous eater but I loved everything. The mixed drinks were perfectly mixed (pre-mixed). Not too strong or weak. Wines were good too. Some I’d never heard of.

Feel free to ask (or PM) for more details. I have the travel brochure they give you, which lists all the foods. I can photograph it if someone wants.

I’d do it again in a heartbeat. May even do it in Oct if I can get the group to agree.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am going to the last one in October. I will be solo so I may have to make some choices on what to try. Is there any of the food items you would recommend skipping since I wont have room for everything without sharing?

I so wish they would extend this into November!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am going to the last one in October. I will be solo so I may have to make some choices on what to try. Is there any of the food items you would recommend skipping since I wont have room for everything without sharing?
Honestly no. If I was solo I’d get a bit of everything that appealed to me but I wouldn’t force myself to eat all of each portion

Did this last night for my birthday celebration.

It is fabulous. 2nd only to Savor the Savannah, which I also did on my birthday a couple years ago. The meal is self paced, meaning you can spend as long as you want at each station. We opted to go at the beginning.

Check in is at Harambe/Africa train station. They go over the animals being celebrated and then you get a welcome drink Pogmosa) and go in for some food and additional wine/beer offerings. There’s always non-alcohol choices at each stop too. Food is all served as tapas/small plates. DH and I shared most all options and did not double up on anything. Did not do any of the “family/kid friendly” choices. We still ran out of room for all the food.

From Harambe you board the train to Rafiki’s and there you meet Rafiki and Timon. There’s more drinks and food options up there. Along with a virtual reality experience with lions. They put 360 degree cameras in the lion encloure and baited them so the lions come right up to them, putting their noses on the camera. One lioness is unsure and the male and one of the female play at one point. It’s awesome. Voluntary part but highly recommend spending the few minutes for this. You then get the mark of Simba if you want.

Next is back on the train to Harambe Market. Oh, and you can board the train with food and drinks, hint-hint. We brought drinks with us along the way. I did mixed drink at each stop and DH did the beer (Tusker)

Food at Harambe is served at each counter there and each one is dedicated to the “five” that are featured animals for the night.
Water Buffalo
Cheatah
Lion
Rhino
Elephant

There’s a dessert station and a place to grab flavored popcorn prepared and boxed.

They have a bead station set up, with a hand carved feature bead from one of those 5 and colored beads to represant various traits. You pick 1 feature and 4 add on beads.

As you leave you are given a gift. I’ll hold off mentioning what it is unless someone asks. I figure some are like me and enjoy the surprises. Which is why I didn’t give details about each food presented just saying that everything was wonderful. I’m not a huge adventurous eater but I loved everything. The mixed drinks were perfectly mixed (pre-mixed). Not too strong or weak. Wines were good too. Some I’d never heard of.

Feel free to ask (or PM) for more details. I have the travel brochure they give you, which lists all the foods. I can photograph it if someone wants.

I’d do it again in a heartbeat. May even do it in Oct if I can get the group to agree.
Thank you for sharing... this sounds delightful. Disney doesn't promote these extra experiences very well. I just heard about the Savor the Savannah experience and booked it for our upcoming trip.
Hopefully we will get to do this one in the future too.

Thank you for sharing... this sounds delightful. Disney doesn't promote these extra experiences very well. I just heard about the Savor the Savannah experience and booked it for our upcoming trip.
Hopefully we will get to do this one in the future too.
I have no idea why they don't promote things either
The CL staff at the resort had never heard of it. Crazy as they have people ask them all the time for things to do.
They should be given handouts of events at each shift.

So happy to read your report. I have been looking forward to this for weeks. We were scheduled to go on 9/4 but with the impending storm was able to change our date to the 11th. Hopeful we will be able to make our trip and enjoy this experience.

Thanks for the review! I'm doing this on my solo trip in 2 weeks, I read about it on the Disney Food Blog and decided I had to try it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter