Cirque de Soliel in Vegas: which one?

familycruiser

Earning My Ears
We will be taking a sidetrip while in LA to Vegas for 2 nights. We want to see one of these shows. Which one is the best? We also want to take out kids (7 and 10) so which one is also best for kids?
I've heard that Mystere is. My in-laws will be with us and they want to see Love - is that one approriate for kids?

I would check to see if children are allowed at either, I think most shows in Vegas you must be over 18. I've never been to either show, but I would check. If you want to take your kids to a show they would like I would suggest Blue Man Group. Definitely appropriate for kids.

Also, you should check if all the shows are playing on the dates that you will be there. I know that "O" is only playing one day out of 4 during our vacation and "KA" is not playing at all. It made the decision easy for us. When I booked my "O" tickets, it did say something about not admitting kids under 5 years old so you should be fine. You can check out the Cirque Website for the most accurate info.:thumbsup2

I would check to see if children are allowed at either, I think most shows in Vegas you must be over 18. I've never been to either show, but I would check. If you want to take your kids to a show they would like I would suggest Blue Man Group. Definitely appropriate for kids.

Right after coming back from our trip we have Blue Man Group tickets (tour) for their show in Montreal on Sept 25! I cant wait. I really dont know what to expect but it seems to be really cool!!!!:thumbsup2

Right after coming back from our trip we have Blue Man Group tickets (tour) for their show in Montreal on Sept 25! I cant wait. I really dont know what to expect but it seems to be really cool!!!!:thumbsup2

Great show!! Don't want to give away any of the show, but it's lots of fun!:cool1:

My personal favorite is O ! I love the water ! I think the kids might enjoy Mystere the best since it is the most circus like. LOVE is my hubby's favorite but he is the Beatles fan in the family. DD11 enjoyed LOVE and the music is fantastic. I think either way you can't go wrong.

if you've never seen a cirque show before, LOVE is a good choice since the familiar beatles music acts as a bridge. i saw LOVE last month and can assure you that it is kid-appropriate (and impressive.)

i haven't seen it, but mystere is also highly recommended from what i've heard (and usually less expensive.)

Be sure to buy tickets early too!! I once went to Vegas hoping to catch a Cirque show and they basically laughed at me when I asked about tickets. They said they sell out a long time in advance. I had no clue and my trip was last minute so I couldnt see it that trip.

I love Cirque de Soleil. I would go to see O. What I have heard about Mystere makes me think that the clown that approaches incoming fans would just annoy me. When I want to get a laugh, I make fun of myself. I don't think that it is ever appropriate to make fun of strangers.

I kind of think the odd clown in Mystere would appeal to DD7 and DD5 at their ages. It is the only one I have personally seen - and I would recommended it for kids my daughters' ages.

If your family loves the Beatles than Love would probably be just fine. I can't think of anything offensive unless you find a woman who looks pregnant ofensive. Mystere is my all time favorite show though. You can never go wrong with Mystere. My son saw it the first time at age 3 1/2 and he has loved it ever since!

By the way I love the clown, Brian Dewhurst!! I've never had a crush on a 70 year old before but I absolutely love that man. My son this=nks he is hilarious also.

Mystere is "old school" Cirque. Love is a visual and colorful feast with Beatles music. Ka is their martial arts themed show. O is on, in the water. Zumanity is adults only but I haven't seen it since Joey left. There is a new one coming to the Luxor too, with Criss Angel(sp).

Have a great time no matter which you choose!!

Thanks, everyone.

We have narrowed it down to "O" and Mystere. I made reservations for both (which are refundable). Mystere tickets were 35 % off and were considerably less than "O" and since we have never seen a Cirque show, we may just go with that. I also heard that it was faster paced and the kids would probably enjoy it more.

Out of those two, I'd go with Mystere. First it's cheaper. Second the humor is more kid-friendly - the clowns in O just aren't as amusing IMHO. Thirdly, which again is my own personal preference, I just wasn't as impressed by O overall. The water elements are amazing, but overall I enjoyed Mystere much more. I've seen five different Cirque shows and O is actually at the bottom of the list. No matter which one you choose, however, you won't be disappointed. Have fun!

We will be taking a sidetrip while in LA to Vegas for 2 nights. We want to see one of these shows. Which one is the best? We also want to take out kids (7 and 10) so which one is also best for kids?
I've heard that Mystere is. My in-laws will be with us and they want to see Love - is that one approriate for kids?

I would definitely recommend LOVE. I've seen it twice and will see it for a third time in August. It is absolutely appropriate for kids. The first time I saw it I sat next to a 4 year old who knew all the words to the Beatle's songs. Have fun!

DS8 was 6 the first time we saw LOVE and I was so proud of him when the "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" production started; it was like Name That Tune; after 3 notes he said "Mommy, that's Lucy!" He's seen it twice. It is my favorite Cirque show. Really looking forward the the Elvis show which will be in the CityCenter Theater in another 2 years!

Also, you should check if all the shows are playing on the dates that you will be there. I know that "O" is only playing one day out of 4 during our vacation and "KA" is not playing at all. It made the decision easy for us. When I booked my "O" tickets, it did say something about not admitting kids under 5 years old so you should be fine. You can check out the Cirque Website for the most accurate info.:thumbsup2

Hmmm....I saw "O" in 2002 with my family but I am trying to think why no one under 5yo would be admitted. It is an awesome show. :cool1:

Mystere is half price for kids. I've read its the most appropriate for them.

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter