Votes: 23 31.1%
  • The Boathouse

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Faline

DIS Veteran
We are looking for anniversary dinner ordering fish/seafood. Which is the best? Have been to Flying Fish, Narcoosees and Citricos, but years ago. Have never been to the Boathouse. Or other recommendations?

All really nice places. From personal experiences with all, we'd put Citricos/Narcoosees at the top of your list, Boathouse/Flying Fish a notch under. Our very recent experience at FF was just OK with regard to the seafood and the service.

Some very good choices here. I'd put Citrico first followed closely by Flying Fish and Narcoossee. While we like Boathouse, I rate that significantly lower that the others for a special night.

I had a bummer of an experience with friends at Citrico's in January to celebrate my 40th - the starters were great but our entrees were all just okay with one of them being really not great (it was the fish of the day). The server was really rude to my friend who has severe food allergies and said something condescending to her every time he approached the table. Honesty if I hadn't ordered a very expensive bottle of Champagne, we all felt his service would have been even worse.

I felt so bad for my friend because he came up to her and reminded her how many things she couldn't eat and just couldn't let it go even after Chef came out (who was so kind and accommodating btw) to speak with her and made her a great meal that suited her needs.

So many folks rave about Citrico's and as MP is my favorite Dis character, I was absolutely jazzed for this dinner! I'm a massive foodie and enjoyed Cali Grill a lot more. I just didn't get the hype with the food - the strawberry salad was tasty and caviar service was super but the rest of the meal was just meh.

We went to Il Mulino at the Swan a few nights later and that was much much better. Capa at the Four Seasons was really a fun experience and the service was outstanding.

It's so true how a poor server can make or break an experience. Our server/experience at Citricos was outstanding - obviously not what you saw. But our FF experience was similar to your Citricos evening. And it literally leaves a bad taste! Fortunately, we're probably at about 75% on good service at Disney restaurants, 20% outstanding, but the 5% not so good.

It's so true how a poor server can make or break an experience. Our server/experience at Citricos was outstanding - obviously not what you saw. But our FF experience was similar to your Citricos evening. And it literally leaves a bad taste! Fortunately, we're probably at about 75% on good service at Disney restaurants, 20% outstanding, but the 5% not so good.
Agree but I should also say I don't get the hype over the Filet - it was just okay. I like Longhorn's better and it's cheaper 🤣

We are looking for anniversary dinner ordering fish/seafood. Which is the best? Have been to Flying Fish, Narcoosees and Citricos, but years ago. Have never been to the Boathouse. Or other recommendations?
Are you looking for special, or just seafood with some fun atmosphere. I've had excellent service and food at Narcoosee's, so so food and good service at Flying Fish recently. I've never eaten at Citrico's so no comment.

Ate at Boathouse a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it, sitting outdoors. I've booked it for 2 weeks from now for a party of 6.

Overall, it has a varied menu. The lobster bisque was excellent. The lobster roll was very good. The rolls were tasty. The crab appetizer was very good. Those were the only seafood items I personally tried but no one else (party of 4) complained. It's in my opinion very casual. We all felt comfortable and relaxed. The waiter wasn't what I'd call polished but he was fun and took care of us very nicely.

Someone mentioned Il Mulino at the Swan (not primarily seafood but Italian). Good dining spot, but don't spread it around or people will start going there. It was pretty full when we went. I'll be doing it again soon.

Usually hard to to wrong with any of these, although a bad server can make a great restaurant seem quite ordinary. We avoid FF only because they have very limited gluten free choices that are not seafood. DW avoids most seafood by choice and all gluten by necessity. We find all of the others to meet our expectations as to food and service for a signature restaurant at WDW.

I am posting to follow.

Who has the best scallops? That or halibut are my seafood leanings.

I also like crab cake appetizer.

Thanks so far everyone for your suggestions. I think that I am leaning towards Narcoosees if I can get a reservation there. I do like the atmosphere right on the lake. It isn’t time till next week to make adr’s, but in checking at random, there hasn’t been much availability at Narcoosees. Maybe, if I make it later in our stay?I have in the past enjoyed Jikos, but nothing on the menu strikes me right now. I would like to try Boathouse sometime, but from what people are saying, it doesn’t seem like the atmosphere is as appropriate for our anniversary. But keep the responses coming. And thank you all again.

Thanks so far everyone for your suggestions. I think that I am leaning towards Narcoosees if I can get a reservation there. I do like the atmosphere right on the lake. It isn’t time till next week to make adr’s, but in checking at random, there hasn’t been much availability at Narcoosees. Maybe, if I make it later in our stay?I have in the past enjoyed Jikos, but nothing on the menu strikes me right now. I would like to try Boathouse sometime, but from what people are saying, it doesn’t seem like the atmosphere is as appropriate for our anniversary. But keep the responses coming. And thank you all again.
I mentioned on another thread that I often see availability at Narcoossee’s when checking the day/night before

@Faline , For some reason, Narcoossee’s hasn’t been releasing at 60 days. They are released periodically, a few weeks at a time. So you might her to keep checking. Don’t give up if nothing is available right away. And check for parties of 4, not just 2. We’ve been there 3 times since they remodeled & I had to do an ADR for 4 twice.

Narcoosee’s and Citrico’s for sure. I love Boathouse as well, but I wouldn’t choose for anniversary dinner

I agree with Jiko. Great atmosphere great food and ask the staff to explain the layout of the restaurant. Plus you can arrive early and explore and see the animals.

We had a similar experience at FF. We won't go back because of it.

I had not been a fan of Citricos in the past. We dined there last fall and it was amazing! One of the best meals we had. Flying Fish is a very close second and are doing both this fall again.
Agree with Jiko as well, another favorite of ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter