Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Narcoosees

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • The Boathouse

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters
Boathouse is great but it feels too casual for me for a special anniversary dinner. I would go with Flying fish or Narcoosee if I had to pick one it would be Narcoosee food is excellent and if you time right can watch fireworks for a perfect evening

Narcooses and the boathouse are must do for us every trip, Flying fish is a firm favorite.

Last edited:
Having just been to Narcoossee's last week that gets my vote for sure. It was just wonderful - the food, the service the atmosphere - just perfect. We were there during the fireworks and even though we didn't have a window seat we still had a fantastic view - yes, tears were shed :) . It was our first time eating there and it's now definitely one of our top choices.

I love the Boathouse, but agree it's not really a special occasion kind of place. Food and service are always good, but it's a more casual atmosphere which we do enjoy. Flying Fish is also a good choice and definitely an anniversary type place but I'd give Narcoossee's the nod as I wasn't completely sold on my scallop dish at FF but loved the ones I got at Narcoossee's. And that view!

I've never eaten at Citricos so can't comment on that. I've considered it a few times, but when I look at the menu nothing calls out to me.

Edited to add - I see several mentions of Jiko so thought I'd throw this out there. I ate there last week as well for the first time. After hearing such great things about it I was very disappointed. Both service and food were very mediocre (and the hostess was borderline rude) - not even close to being worth the cost. The only exception was the boar tenderloin app. That was delicious. Maybe I caught them on a bad night :confused3 . Regardless, it will be a long time before I venture back there. I'd rather go next door to Boma.

Last edited:

Our last two meals at Citricos and Narcoosee's were LOUD! We had difficulty hearing ourselves speak. The wait staff at Citricos was out of this world, but the sheer number of young children screaming and adults talking loudly over them were just horrible. We won't be back.

We love Todd English's bluezoo for fish!

I was just at Boathouse and really liked it. All of the servers were great. We sat outside during the sunset and the view was much more appealing to me than Narcoosee's. We also ate at Narcoosee's and had a great server, Veronica, but I feel like the dinner entree choices are more limited here. Next time I would get two apps and of course the cheesecake for desssert.

Flying fish can be busy/loud, but we liked our apps and entrees and I prefer a louder vs quieter restaurant indoors. Never been to Citrico's.

I think that of the above, outside at Boathouse was the quietest and had the best view. Ask for a table by the railing in the covered/roofed outside part. There are three outside areas that I saw: way out by the bar, under umbrellas, and under a 'roof'.

I agree with Jiko. Great atmosphere great food and ask the staff to explain the layout of the restaurant. Plus you can arrive early and explore and see the animals.
Yes, the story behind the layout of the restaurant is not known by so many guests, and it's really a shame because so much thought went into it. And as far as getting there early, we did last time-showed up at 4:30 for a 5:45 reservation. Was worried we might have a problem at the gate, but no problem, went right in.

Monsieur Paul is outstanding. Much more expensive than the other choices, but absolutely worth it.

Thanks so far everyone for your suggestions. I think that I am leaning towards Narcoosees if I can get a reservation there. I do like the atmosphere right on the lake. It isn’t time till next week to make adr’s, but in checking at random, there hasn’t been much availability at Narcoosees. Maybe, if I make it later in our stay?I have in the past enjoyed Jikos, but nothing on the menu strikes me right now. I would like to try Boathouse sometime, but from what people are saying, it doesn’t seem like the atmosphere is as appropriate for our anniversary. But keep the responses coming. And thank you all again.
I was able to get a reservation at 6pm for Narcoossee’s two days before.

i said FF. when i saw results it is exactly what i figured. FF and Nar tied then Cit followed by others. Cant go wrong with FF or Nar. Cit has been fantastic over past year also.

Really enjoy Flying Fish. Haven’t eaten at the GF restaurants, but I actually enjoy Paddlefish more than Boathouse if going Disney Springs. Maybe an unpopular opinion…

Some very good choices here. I'd put Citrico first followed closely by Flying Fish and Narcoossee. While we like Boathouse, I rate that significantly lower that the others for a special night.
Responding to my own post here because we just ate at Boathouse for lunch today. A really good meal and good service. But I'd still say it doesn't feel like a date night kind of place.

What's a good time to get Narcoosse for fireworks? We're going June 12-16.

Also what's ate favorites from Flying Fish? I think we're going to do both on our Honeymoon trip.

What's a good time to get Narcoosse for fireworks? We're going June 12-16.
Kind of depends on when the fireworks will be that night. I'd guess in June they are scheduled for 9 pm so see if you can get a 7:30 - 8:00 reservation.
what's ate favorites from Flying Fish?
Just ate there on Tuesday and loved the potato wrapped snapper.

Just ate at Flying Fish on Wednesday and it was between the Snapper and the Strip. Went with the Strip and the crust they had on it was really good.

Would get again, but will probably go for the snapper on the next visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter