• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Citricos or Artist Point before MVMCP?

LuvTigger

DIS Veteran
I currently have an ADR for Artist Point before MVMCP, but am thinking about changing to Citricos. I've been to AP before, but a VERY long time ago and thought it would be nice to go before they change to the Storybook Dining format. However, I was looking at the Citricos menu (I've never been), which appeals to me. I also thought it might be easier to get to MK after dinner.

For context, I also have an ADR at Narcoossee's this trip. I'm not sure whether Citricos and Narcoosee's are similar or if I should just stick to one GF restaurant.

All thoughts and opinions welcome!

We like them both as the two of them are very good signature restaurants. We almost found AP a little too quiet for us. Just like you say, because you are going to MVMCP after dinner, I think the quick and easy access to MK would sway me to Citricos.

I would go to neither since you can enter MK at 4:00 with a party ticket. But if I had a choice, I would pick AP just because it's closing. I wish we could go one more time, but our trip isn't until December. I have not been to Citricos, so I can't comment about the food. But it will (more than likely) be there when you return. And both resorts are an easy boat ride to MK.

WHat time is your ADR? I have a cutoff of 5PM for dinenr on party nights, however we don't choose a signature dinign restaurnt on those nights because they seem to take more time.

If you are choosing between the two, I would choose AP because that restaurant will not be the same after the changeover to Storybook dining. Citricos will be there next trip.

I have not dined at Citricos, however on our last family trip 1/2 the crew dined there while I took my Princesses to Cinderella Castle for dinner. There were mixed reviews, but not becuase the food was not good. It was a matter of personal preference.They all said it was not the same dining experience as Narcoossees, so if you keep these two, you will not be replicating one meal after the first.

I wouldn't do an ADR before the party, just because I'd be taking advantage of entering at 4.

But, to answer your question...Citricos is one of the best meals we've ever had at WDW, and we'll be returning on New Year's Eve this year. That being said, I'd probably choose Artist Point in this case, b/c the mushroom bisque is to die for, and it will be disappearing once the Snow White meal takes over.
I highly recommend adding Citricos to your "to do" list, because it's great!

I wouldnt do a signature before MVMCP. ADR times start at 5pm (or is it 530?). Since you can enter MK at 4pm, it would honestly be a lot of park time you're giving up. But if i had to choose between the two i'd pick AP. I liked it much better than Citrico's.

I agree with the others. I wouldn’t do either. You won’t arrive in MK until well after the party starts. If I had to choose on a regular night, I would go with AP which is fantastic. Citricos is mediocre at best. If you really want a TS, consider Skippers in MK. We had a 5:50 pm ADR there on a party night. We entered at 4 pm, got some rides in, ate and left the restaurant just as the party started.

Personally I have no desire to get to the Magic Kingdom at 4 PM at a party now. But I admit I’m going alone when I go and it’s just not a big deal. So go have your dinner and then go over to the party. If Like me you’re just there for the experience in the parade etc. it’s no big deal to miss those hours that are extra crazy

Agree with the others about what time is your ADR? I would not want it after 5 pm. Are you planning to do any of the really popular meet and greets? Jack and Sally? the 7 dwarf? People often start getting in line 1-2 hours before the party starts.
The parties are expensive enough that I want to get as much time as possible.
That said, i would do Citricos only because its probably faster to get to MK on the monorail. You also will go through security at GF instead of the park, so can skip that line.

We always avoided doing a TS on the evening we were attending MVMCP as it really doesn't fit into what we envisioned. We also have dine at both of these restaurants. The fact today, between the two, one is doing a storybook reflect on the AP story. Citrico's was in our experience a signature, but AP? Not so much...

WHat time is your ADR? I have a cutoff of 5PM for dinenr on party nights, however we don't choose a signature dinign restaurnt on those nights because they seem to take more time.
Personally I have no desire to get to the Magic Kingdom at 4 PM at a party now. But I admit I’m going alone when I go and it’s just not a big deal. So go have your dinner and then go over to the party. If Like me you’re just there for the experience in the parade etc. it’s no big deal to miss those hours that are extra crazy

My current ADR at AP is at 5 p.m., and if I were to switch to Citricos, it looks like 5 p.m. is available there as well.

I am not that concerned about getting there at 4 p.m., unless there is a reason to get there that early. Similar to Orange County Commuter, I will be going alone and mainly want to experience the parade, fireworks, special shows, etc.

Thanks for all of the input so far -- all good considerations!

My current ADR at AP is at 5 p.m., and if I were to switch to Citricos, it looks like 5 p.m. is available there as well.

I am not that concerned about getting there at 4 p.m., unless there is a reason to get there that early. Similar to Orange County Commuter, I will be going alone and mainly want to experience the parade, fireworks, special shows, etc.

If you are not concerned about arriving by 7 PM, then I would definitely choose Artist Point. It is changing it's current menu and atmosphere for a character dining experience, and this menu will no longer be available after November 10th, I believe. I have read opinions that it is not going tobe a good meal due to the changes, however I am not of that opinion. The servers are professionals, as are the kitchen staff members, and take pride in their restaurant.

You make a good point. If youre going solo and only want to go for the fireworks, shows, parade, then going to dinner beforehand is doable. In that case, i'd still go for Artist Point. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter