Citricos or Narcoossee's?

AZMama2016

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I will be staying with our toddler at the GF for the first time in early May. I'm interested in getting a babysitter and doing an adult dinner at some point. Which restaurant would be better for something relaxing, memorable, and "date-nighty" for the two of us? Hubby doesn't eat seafood and is indifferent to good steaks. I could eat at either one, although the Granny Smith green apple sorbet at Citricos is calling my name, lol. A lot of people seem to like Narcoossee's though and rank it high on the list of WDW signature restaurants. Appreciate the feedback!

Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant at WDW, so that is where I would go. That being said, I would probably pick whichever one has the menu that appeals more to you. Any restaurant can have a bad night, in terms of food, service, or other guests so it's hard to say which one would be more "date-nighty" on the night you go. In my family's experience, most Signatures tend to have more adult only groups later in the evening, so most Signatures seem more date-like later in the evening.

I'd definitely go with Narcoossee's. We've done Citricos twice and while it is fine I've never been particularly impressed with their dishes. Don't get me wrong they are good and all, just not in the same league as some of the other signatures. Narcoosee's on the other hand is a gorgeous setting overlooking the lake and the food was done to perfection. Though if you are going that way, be sure to look at the menu and make sure there is something your hubby can eat as its mostly seafood.

Thanks! Sounds like Narcoossee's would be the best choice. Hubby shouldn't have any problem finding something to order (I always look at menus before making choices, just to be sure).

For a while Narcoossee's was amongst the worst of the Signature restaurants, IMO. However, it has rebounded quite a bit and has gotten better. We personally prefer Citricos because the food is a little finer and the atmosphere is much quieter and more "date-nighty" than Narcoossee's from our experience, but you can't really go wrong with either.

While that statement doesn't really help you much, I really wanted to point out that while reading the menus is good, only use it as a base to what the typical type of food is served, particularly at a Signature restaurant. The Chef's at Signature restaurants change up the menus and use ingredients that are in season at the time. The menus you see from October (which are the dates for the menus at the 2 restaurants in question on allears) could be quite different than the menus you'll see in May. Don't book based on a specific dish you might see, but book based on the overall idea of the restaurant.

Do you know about Victoria and Albert's? It's pricy though.

Best restaurant at Disney and possibly one of the top 10 in the USA.

It's at GF.

For a while Narcoossee's was amongst the worst of the Signature restaurants, IMO. However, it has rebounded quite a bit and has gotten better. We personally prefer Citricos because the food is a little finer and the atmosphere is much quieter and more "date-nighty" than Narcoossee's from our experience, but you can't really go wrong with either.

While that statement doesn't really help you much, I really wanted to point out that while reading the menus is good, only use it as a base to what the typical type of food is served, particularly at a Signature restaurant. The Chef's at Signature restaurants change up the menus and use ingredients that are in season at the time. The menus you see from October (which are the dates for the menus at the 2 restaurants in question on allears) could be quite different than the menus you'll see in May. Don't book based on a specific dish you might see, but book based on the overall idea of the restaurant.

Good point, thank you. Usually I'm pretty decisive about the ones I want, but for some reason, this one has me stumped, lol. I'm sure we could "live" with either one.

Do you know about Victoria and Albert's? It's pricy though.

Best restaurant at Disney and possibly one of the top 10 in the USA.

It's at GF.

Yes, I do, but just don't think that's the best choice for us. Neither of us is a foodie and I don't drink alcohol, so I think some of the benefits of V&A would not really be of interest to us, particularly for the cost. Thanks for mentioning it though.

Does it have to be at GF? We've eaten at both and while Citricos used to top Narcoosee's IMHO, they were both quite lackluster on our trip last February. We've actually had two bad experiences at Narcoosee's (food not being brought out on time and being cold once served). Our favorite in the MK area is Artist Point at WL. Always great food and great service. You could take the monorail to MK and a boat to WL or even just take a cab back and forth between resorts.

Does it have to be at GF? We've eaten at both and while Citricos used to top Narcoosee's IMHO, they were both quite lackluster on our trip last February. We've actually had two bad experiences at Narcoosee's (food not being brought out on time and being cold once served). Our favorite in the MK area is Artist Point at WL. Always great food and great service. You could take the monorail to MK and a boat to WL or even just take a cab back and forth between resorts.

The thought was pure convenience of staying on property, especially when there are recommended restaurants there and we've never tried any of them before. Thanks for the tip on AP, I'll check it out! Open to other suggestions as well. If we do in-room babysitting, I believe we're committed for 4 hours minimum, so we'll have time to go to another resort if it's worth it.

My SIL's RAVE about Narcoossee's, but we personally have never tried it. Always hear great things.

I can't comment on Citricos since I have never been there yet (trying in June), but Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant in WDW and has been our arrival night tradition. I personally like the menu, I have always had excellent food and very good service. I can't say how enjoyable it is to be able to watch the Electric Water Pageant along with Wishes from the restaurant while dining there. Oh and how could I forget the absolute best dessert in all of WDW; the Almond Crusted Cheesecake. :thumbsup2

The thought was pure convenience of staying on property, especially when there are recommended restaurants there and we've never tried any of them before. Thanks for the tip on AP, I'll check it out! Open to other suggestions as well. If we do in-room babysitting, I believe we're committed for 4 hours minimum, so we'll have time to go to another resort if it's worth it.

Well going to another resort changes everything. If that is the case, I'd say go to Jiko at AKL. In our opinion this has been the most consistently awesome meal on property. The food is excellent and the service has always been great. Plus, you get an added bonus of spending time wondering the lodge, sitting by the firepit and looking out over the savannahs before and/or after your meal. A trip to AKL can give you that "date-nighty" feel you are looking for.

Thanks again to everyone for all the feedback. My preference is to stay on property if we can, especially if there are good restaurants available. I like the idea of being able to watch some of the shows if possible - might as well take advantage of the location.

We did Kids Nite Out on our last trip and it was fantastic! Well worth the $$. We stayed at BCV, so opted for dinner at Yachtsman. I really liked the idea of being in the same hotel as my kids just in case. I think you'll be more relaxed staying at the GF.

In your shoes, I would choose Citrico's - and stop before at Mizner's lounge for a cocktail or two and to listen to the band. I greatly enjoyed both during my solo trip last Fall.

We stopped by Citricos to get a drink on our way to watch the fireworks. A very delicious rum punch. :)

You could eat dinner at one place, and hit the lounge of the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter