City/State rivalry thread

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
The City/State rivalry thread. Let us have some friendly banter on what makes our city or state "better" than our well known rivalry. Examples: NYC vs Boston (or NY vs MA in general), Seattle vs Portland, Toronto vs Montreal, London vs Manchester, Madrid vs Barcelona, Lisbon vs Porto, Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh, etc....

And whatever others you can come up with. Have fun with the thread.

New Jersey beats Florida in almost every way but the most important:

New Jersey is not flat flat flat with strip mall after strip mall after strip mall after strip mall… 🤣

Still love you guys! Half my family moved down there.

We Marylanders drive like maniacs but at least we aren't as bad as Virginia. Virginia isn't for lovers but rather for the worst drivers you have ever seen in your life.

As a Virginian who learned to drive in Maryland and is now watching what Maryland drivers do as a Virginia resident, I have to totally disagree with you!

I love them all that I've been to or met people from. I haven't traveled nearly as extensively as many people, but I have had wonderful experiences with others wherever I've gone. It might be that I'm meeting more laid back people who are out camping long term like I do so that might be why I've had such good luck, but I don't have enough knowledge of rivalries and things like that to offer much more on this one.

We Marylanders drive like maniacs but at least we aren't as bad as Virginia. Virginia isn't for lovers but rather for the worst drivers you have ever seen in your life.
I've driven in all 50 states, and the worst drivers for hanging in the passing lane and holding up others is Maryland, and it's so annoying.

I refuse to argue with other cities or states.
Wouldn't be sportsmanlike.

😏
I agree. We have had the pleasure of visiting a lot of states and we have enjoyed every city for different reasons.

I am in MD and I see a lot of bad driving but then we experience the same things in every place we have driven in so can’t say one state is worse or better than any other.

I've driven in all 50 states, and the worst drivers for hanging in the passing lane and holding up others is Maryland, and it's so annoying.
Honestly I think the DMV in general is horrendous for driving. Maryland and Virginia are consistently competing for the worst driving. Sometimes I wonder if some of these drivers even have a license.

Ohio and Michigan
I live in Cincy and love it here, but in all honesty overall it should actually be:

Ohio < Michigan

Except when it comes to the roads. Dear Lord, Michigan roads are abysmal. You can tell instantly when you hit Michigan on the interstate. No need to see the Welcome to Michigan sign, you are welcomed by the bumpy roads.

The only rivalry that equals this is intra- state one, Michigan State vs. Michigan.
GO GREEN!!! :thumbsup2 ::yes::

Honestly I think the DMV in general is horrendous for driving. Maryland and Virginia are consistently competing for the worst driving. Sometimes I wonder if some of these drivers even have a license.
I don't think they do, lol, and IMO, the means to get a drivers license are very easy (at least in Virgina--I don't know what Maryland has shifted to). I grew up in Maryland and go my license in Maryland. Long time ago, but it was pretty difficult to get the skills and pass the test. Here in Virginia, you just pay some third party vendor to take you around and then you take a written test. I don't think any of the third party schools are good at all.

Yeah, everywhere has bad drivers. When I lived in Ohio it was the Michigan drivers who were bad. When I lived in PA it was the WV drivers. Now I'm in VA it is the MD drivers. PA drivers think they are nice with their stopping in the middle of the road to let someone make a left turn in front of them, but it is difficult for people actually who follow the right of way rules. I have seen a lot of outrageous driving in the DC area - driving on the wrong side of the road, the sidewalk, running red lights when pedestrians are crossing, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter