City Walk Recommendations

Yes! Agreed. We were there last week, as well as in mid November and early August. It may have been different pre-pandemic, but you really need a reservation now at City Walk or you will be turned away. Not saying there isn't some flexibility day of (we made plenty of day of or day before reservations as our plans changed) but you cannot just walk up to a restaurant right now. I fear people are giving advice from their experiences prior to the pandemic and it is just not that situation right now.
Just to clarify: Does this apply only to dinner times or also to lunch time/afternoon before 3 or 3:30?

I had good luck my last two visits (October last year and February this year) of eating at City Walk at 4:15 for an early dinner and also at 1:30 one day for a late lunch

Some places that I had a reservation for I had a reservation for a 5:00 early dinner with family members.

We went during the week and not the weekend.

That sounds encouraging Macraven! We usually either pop out of the parks right at 11:00 for a big lunch or go for an early "dinner" on our way out between 2:30 or 3:00, so hopefully that works when we're there the second week of May. It would also be only weekdays for us, too 👍.

That sounds encouraging Macraven! We usually either pop out of the parks right at 11:00 for a big lunch or go for an early "dinner" on our way out between 2:30 or 3:00, so hopefully that works when we're there the second week of May. It would also be only weekdays for us, too 👍.
This is us, too. We usually eat a table service lunch right around opening times (11am) for a rest and ac break and then counter service or snack for dinner. I was wondering the same thing about availability of table service restaurants around opening time for lunch.

Do people really like Toothsome? We ate there in 2019 and were really excited about it, and thought it was very disappointing. The food wasn't hot and honestly on par if not worse than most low-tier chain restaurants (like Applebee's). The theming and chocolate shop in front where neat though.

We are going to Universal and Disney in August and don't have any desire to return to Toothsome.

We also felt Antijitos was nothing special.. If you live in a reasonably sized metro area with good Mexican food it's probably not worth going.

My theory is that it depends on what places you have nearby normally. So, for me, I probably wouldn't go to Antijitos even if it was free unless someone I liked invited me. But, then I have far better places of the same type near me. But we don't have any stove oven pizza places nearby so that was interesting. We didn't end up going because the line was long

We liked Toothsome, maybe we got lucky with what we ordered and our server. We also always went at slightly off times. The ice cream is only meh there. What carries the shakes is the presentation and the other stuff that they add.

Do people really like Toothsome? We ate there in 2019 and were really excited about it, and thought it was very disappointing. The food wasn't hot and honestly on par if not worse than most low-tier chain restaurants (like Applebee's). The theming and chocolate shop in front where neat though
majority of venues there & @ WDW DS for that matter are chains & cater to tourists. I don’t expect anything more than basic, decently-prepared, over-priced food.

I probably wouldn't go to Antijitos even if it was free unless someone I liked invited me. But, then I have far better places of the same type near me. But we don't have any stove oven pizza places nearby so that was interesting. We didn't end up going because the line was long

We liked Toothsome, maybe we got lucky with what we ordered and our server. We also always went at slightly off times. The ice cream is only meh there. What carries the shakes is the presentation and the other stuff that they add.
due to some of the seasonings, not a Mexican food fan eating out.

Toothsome is difficult to grab a reservation, their salads are very good & several of their sandwiches too. the Mr loves the shakes but they sub for a lunch of sorts in that regard before an early dinner.

NBC brew works has a good french dip. Brisket can be hit or miss as to how it’s trimmed

HRC - usually a fallback sort of place order the steak, decent for the price.

Mr Buffets place - when invited to join others here, I stick to fried chicken, wings or pretzel sticks with drinks.

Make sure to explore the resort dining options short even if not an onsite guest.

Last edited:
VooDoo Donuts! Order ahead on the app and it will be much faster. The lines are very long.

We loved Margartaville. It's decor is tired but the food was delicious and hot, the menu was great and the service was fast and thorough.

I second the recommendation for reservations. I wouldn't expect to show up anywhere and get a table right away. I made many table service reservations two weeks ahead of time and there was great availability and then I cancelled some two days before.

I'm surprised Hard Rock Café isn't being mentioned in this thread. It's loud but fun. We go every trip. Voodoo is also a must. Don't let the line scare you off. It moves fast.

Voodoo Doughnuts has AMAZING vegan donuts (for those who have dairy allergies) - I hadn't had a yeast donut since my allergy - it was amazing...and the vegan apple fritter was the best value item of the week so far.

Cowfish was also amazing. It was the most comfortable place I had dining at with my allergies (dairy plus tree nuts) this week. I also had an amazing server, so combined, it made for a wonderful experience. PS - The server did say their hardest allergy to accommodate is soy, so if you have that one, you may want to head elsewhere...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter