Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color

jaye614

Mouseketeer
Does anyone use the above for temporary hair color?

It lasts up to 6 weeks per the directions but I have very thin hair and shampoo every day so it doesn't usually last that long.

I was just wondering if anyone uses it and colors their hair more often than every 6 weeks.

thanks!

I think it depends on the color - reds face much faster than the other shades, and certain shampoos strip color as well. I use permanent color, a red with a second treatment for highlights, and it only last about 6-8 weeks.

I have brown hair, but my grey roots start showing about three weeks after coloring. I usually try to stretch it out to four weeks between colorings. I also get keratin treatments four times a year, so I use only sulfate-free shampoos.

I use Natural Instincts and like it! I have dark blonde hair with a few grey hairs and I use the lightest shade blonde every 5 weeks or so just to give the color a bit of a lift. It isn't anything dramatic, but I notice the difference. I will say that sometimes it covers the greys and sometimes it doesn't; I haven't figured out what makes the difference.

I used to use Natural Instincts regularly and it's very gentle. I wouldn't hesitate to use it more often than every six weeks. The last time i tried it, though, it didn't cover any of the gray at my temples, not one bit.

I think it depends on your hair. I use cheap store bought dye on my fine, somewhat oily hair. Somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks. The drying effect of the dye actually makes my hair more normal.

I have tried it before. I did not like it. I use something different, (Garnier Nutrisse) but I use it more frequently than 6 week intervals and I am still alive.

This....didn't like it. Use Garnier Nutrisse and more often than every 6 weeks

I used it a few years ago and didn't care for it.

If you're looking for recommendations on a permanent, go with Garnier Olia hair color. It gives a vibrant, long-lasting color without the harsh chemicals. Great product!

I used to use it , but found out the color didn't last as long as I needed it to. I usually do mine every 8 weeks. I switched to John Freida foam, and I get much better and longer lasting results. it's a little more expensive, but I watch for sales, and use coupons when I find them

The type of water, whether municipal and treated or untreated well water, can make a difference in maintaining your color as can the type of shampoo.

I use Natural instincts at the recommendation of my hair dresser. She said I could use it every week and there would not be an issue. I too have thin hair. This hair color is mild and makes my hair look thicker. I usually color every 2 months or so. By that time the white is starting to reappear but I just don't have the time to do it more often. Plus I end up making a mess in the bathroom. Ideally I would color every 5-6 weeks.

I have used it two or three times... But am now resigned to growing old gracefully!!!!

It does fade, FAST...
I used it before a vacation, and the sun, ocean, pool, etc... the color was gone before the trip was over.
And, I think the effects and faded color looked 'rough'. So, backfired, and my hair did not look good at all. (I used a non-red/brassy med. brown, similar to my natural color)
I would hate to have to color so often, over and over, because the product was not the best.

If I ever do color again, I will try the Garnier recommended on this thread.

OP, and anyone... especially those who color their hair. You have to use a sulfate free shampoo.
Even some so-called 'good' brands that are like 'color protect' are NOT sulphate free.
I used to use Sulphate Free Pureology Nano-Works. They sold out to L'oreal, and they are NOT sulphate free. No better than cheap drug-store shampoo.
It's awful.

I now use ColorProof, by one of the people who developed Pureology.
And, I am getting good results!

Just thought I'd add a sort of tip. I don't use the whole unit for one colouring. Usually I divide it into two. Also, I found that if I mix an equal amount of each (15ml) in a small 1/4 measuring cup, I'm able to do a root touch up using a small brush (toothbrush ie) and then comb it through. :sunny:

I brought John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Visibly Deeper Colour Deepening Treatment yesterday and it did seem to darken my hair....now I'm going to figure out how often I should use (daily, weekly, etc.)...thank you everyone!!!

Haven't used Natural Instincts, but I sure won't be using Revlon ColorSilk again! I tried the light ash brown yesterday and it's turned my hair a dark brown- about the color of a hershey's "Special Dark" candy bar. It looks AWFUL and I am so upset :sad:. There is nothing "light" about this color on my head, and there isn't much I can do about it, besides wait it out :sad1:. Hopefully, as it's pretty cheap to purchase, it won't last very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter