• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clarify AP expections?

Happy2BMommy0812

Mouseketeer
Hi All! So, I can’t find the thread, but I feel like I read that some people were able to get an AP even though they are not being sold right now if they had an active annual pass during COVID that was canceled or had to expire. This is the situation we are in. We had one that we planned on using in spring break April 2020 and expires later that month. We opted not to use it when the parks reopened in July as we were not comfortable traveling. So, it lapsed. Now we want to go and would like to get an annual pass. Are we out of luck or do we fall into the category that an exception can be made? If not, that’s fine, but wanted to evaluate my options.

I think you have a good chance since it expired in 2020 and was valid during the closure.

Call the AP line...not DVC... they will take your info and call you back. It takes a few weeks to get that call back. They will then let you purchase if they have determined you eligible.

Thanks! I will call. Do you know if they offer a renewal price at all, I assume not since it lapsed. I should have just renewed anyway. Oh well.

You will be able to purchase a new pass and will pay the price for a new pass. The renewal window for your expired pass is no longer open.

It took them one month to call me back but I was able to buy a new Gold DVc pass ! I was so excited , I almost gave up .

Congratulations! When did yours originally expire?
Originally it would have been June 2020 I did not cancel hoping to be able to go in August but my work did not allow us to travel the pass somehow was extended to October or November I forget. I called the AP line and explained how I never canceled and I have had an AP for 7 years. The transferred me and then someone put me on a list to be call back . It was a month later when they called me, it’s a new pass that will start the first day I go to a park !

Do you think this will still work if your pass was going to expire before the parks opened (April) and I just cancelled it knowing we wouldn't go with everything going on. We were supposed to go in March right when COVID closed everything down. I think I got like $30 back in the mail on three of our AP's.

Do you think this will still work if your pass was going to expire before the parks opened (April) and I just cancelled it knowing we wouldn't go with everything going on. We were supposed to go in March right when COVID closed everything down. I think I got like $30 back in the mail on three of our AP's.

Our passes expired in late February 2020. We knew COVID was coming and the parks were going to shut down so we didn’t renew. We are planning a long trip in July so we wanted to purchase new ones. We explained our situation and they were very nice and sold us new DVC gold passes that are going to activate the first day we use them. I think it just depends on the cast member really. We went to the guest relations booth at EPCOT at international gateway. Good luck!

I suspect they may be willing to generously allow recovery of expired or canceled APs as it is money in hand now. Who knows when the AP vouchers will actually be activated. AP park reservations are rarely selling out, and presumably park capacity will keep increasing.

AP Recovery Report. I called less than 2 weeks ago to see if I could purchase an AP as we canceled ours last August. We were approved yesterday. We aren’t big spenders and tend to go off season with the cheapest FL Resident Weekday Select Pass but I don’t know that those calculations even figure in for Disney. Seems it’s just when your pass was good and when you canceled. BTW, when called yesterday I didn’t have my CC with me. I had to call back today and wait for another call back from the proper department.

So we have an AP that will activate when we actually go to a park, whenever that might be, but we’re set to make reservations as AP holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter