Classic cartoons!

GiGi30

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We just returned from the World a week ago & my kids LOVED the classic Disney cartoons they played on hotel TV. Does anyone know where you can find them on DVD? Not specifically those, but any old short Disney cartoons will do!

So funny you just posted this question...my then 3 & 5 boys fell in love with these "old school" cartoons last year at Disneyland Paris--they had a whole movie theater devoted to them!

As luck would have it, we just found Donald & Goofy old-school cartoons about a month ago on DVD at BJ's Wholesale Club in NJ! Both kids (now 4 & 8) LOVE them!!!:thumbsup2

GL!
Michele/RutgersAlum

Try the Treasures Collections. For Donald fans I would highly recommend 'The Chronological Donald 1942-1946'. We recently watched it again for the umpteenth time. As always it was great.

Thanks for the info! I have bought a few of your suggestions! I know my son will love them!

You may want to try the Disney Movie Club. I have found a lot of the classic shorts, Silly Symphonies and movies exclusive to DMC, including Lambert the Sheepish Lion, Humphrey the Bear (Pick the litter up, put it in the bag, bomp, bomp) and Johnny Fedora met Alice Bluebonnet, three of my all time favorites!

I have found some and Wal-mart and SAM'S Club and occasionally I will see them at best Buy!!

Happy Hunting

You may want to try the Disney Movie Club. I have found a lot of the classic shorts, Silly Symphonies and movies exclusive to DMC, including Lambert the Sheepish Lion, Humphrey the Bear (Pick the litter up, put it in the bag, bomp, bomp) and Johnny Fedora met Alice Bluebonnet, three of my all time favorites!

Humphrey the Bear is one of my favorites too! Where did you find that on the DMC website? I was thinking of joining just for the classic cartoons but I can't find it anywhere. Do you remember Professer Ludwig Van Drake? There was one cartoon where he talked about the Id and Ego and I wish I could find that one!

My kids loved the cartoons in the hotel, we saw them in All Star Movies in November 2008. However, they were unavailable in All Star Movies this visit in October 2010, does anyone know if the hotels took those off the TV?

That reel was playing at the ASM cafeteria, I almost know it by heart from 2 years ago, football Goffy anyone?

Also try thrift stores.

Years ago when the Disney Channel was incredible, something told me to record "It's Gotta Be the Shorts" cartoons whenever they were on. Thank God I did. Full of the classics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter