Cleaning Mugs/water bottles?

StitchesGr8Fan

DIS Veteran
When you are at WDW, how do you clean your refillable mugs and water bottles? I can't imagine going for 8 days and not clean out the germs. Do they sell travel sized bottles of dish soap somewhere?

Hiya, you know those mini soap bars they put in the room and most people keep them to take home and put in a drawer, maybe you could use one of those? :):):)

I take a travel sized shampoo bottle that is washed out and filled with dish soap. It goes right into my quart sized zip lock bag with my other travel size liquids.

I read somewhere on these boards to take a sponge, soak it in dish soap. Once it is dry, cut into enough pieces for each day of your trip. Then just take one out and wash once a day. It sounds like a good idea to me -- I'm going to try it when we go to Disney in 10 days!! :)

I've seen travel size dish wash OR they have handi wipe type rags that have dish soap in them; I take a few in zip lock bag and works perfect

x2 on using the hotel's bar soap One less thing to pack. Lather up a washcloth really well and do the dishes.

I take and cut a sponge into sort a small pieces and soak them in dish soap. They are usually good for at least 3 washes. After I wash them in the room, I take them to the food court and rinse under HOT water:) Clean and fresh...and ready to go:)

I read somewhere on these boards to take a sponge, soak it in dish soap. Once it is dry, cut into enough pieces for each day of your trip. Then just take one out and wash once a day. It sounds like a good idea to me -- I'm going to try it when we go to Disney in 10 days!! :)

This is what we do and it works great. It is a little hard to reach the bottom of the mugs though so maybe a baby bottle brush would help once the sponge gets the soap into the mug

paulad said:
I read somewhere on these boards to take a sponge, soak it in dish soap. Once it is dry, cut into enough pieces for each day of your trip. Then just take one out and wash once a day. It sounds like a good idea to me -- I'm going to try it when we go to Disney in 10 days!!

Can you please let us know how it worked?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

You can also take a baby wipe. Squirt a zig zag of dish soap on it, let dry then stack and pack in a zip lock for the number of days you need.

Me I just stick them in the dishwasher. Gotta love the DVC.

Denise in MI

I cut the sponge in small enough pieces so that I can reach down in the bottom of the mug. I carry them in a baggie..hasn't failed me yet:)

I cut the sponge in small enough pieces so that I can reach down in the bottom of the mug. I carry them in a baggie..hasn't failed me yet:)

I do the same thing, and it always works perfectly. Recently, I also bought some Palmolive pre-soaped disposable dish cloths at my local ACE hardware.

I think I am going to do this, but I will still bring a travel bottle of Dawn (I use it as a stain remover....I saturate the piece of clothing in it, and wash later on).

We found little bottles of Dawn at our local drugstore - brought those with us on our last trip.

The sponge idea sounds really smart though!

I use the cut up sponge. It works really well, plus no liquid to spill.

It is one of the things I do ahead of time, knowing I am getting ready for my Disney vacation. It kinda puts a little magic into the day. pixiedust:

I read that tip too on these boards. Last week we went on vacation to visit family, and I tried it out. It was very convenient and worked quite well. it was hard to get the bottoms sometimes, but with a little work it was fine! I was so happy to have read that tip here! :)

I ususally order items like this from garden grocer. In the past I bought the cheapest dish soap and sponge they offered and had them included in my order. I normally just left the rest of the dish soap in the room. This way I didnt have to pack the items either way. However this last visit I bought the pre-soaped sponges, I found them in the camping section at walmart. They were smaller and I think 3 came in pack, each sponge lasted a few days. I will do this next time as well. OT - but I also found the froggy towels in the Walmart camping section and they were cheaper then I found on-line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter