Clearly my SIL has never been on these boards...

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
SIL and her family went on their first WDW trip in June. She decided to give me some "tips" for our upcoming trip:

1. She let me know that you can use whatever pool you want. Disney onsite guests can use any Disney pools, even at other resorts. She heard several people on the bus talking about it. She didn't have time to do it this trip, but she plans to check out some of the Deluxe pools next time, especially at Poly.

2. She wants to give me her refillable mugs she got at POFQ. Even though we are staying at CBR, you can use the mugs anywhere. She met a lady who has been collecting mugs from resorts for 5 years and uses them where ever she stays.

I thought you'd get a kick out of the "advice" she gave me :lmao: :rotfl:

:rotfl:

That is just too funny! Thanks for sharing - I needed the laugh! :lmao:

I don't get it...what's funny about her advice? It seems kind of usefull if you were unaware-which many people are.

Actually she's partially right about the mugs. The new YOMD mugs can be used at any resort beverage island on property.
You're still supposed to buy new mugs for each stay though.

Or you could do what I saw people doing at Ice Station Cool: fill up their non-Disney mugs with the beverages there. Sure, you have to press the dispenser quite a few time, but at the end of the day, you've got a free mug full of soda. :rotfl2:

Cheers!
Heather W

Or you could do what I saw people doing at Ice Station Cool: fill up their non-Disney mugs with the beverages there. Sure, you have to press the dispenser quite a few time, but at the end of the day, you've got a free mug full of soda. :rotfl2:

Cheers!
Heather W
Ah, but at Ice Station Cool (now Club Cool) a few years ago*, when I asked if I could buy one of the sodas, a CM told me they didn't sell it but that I could fill up any containers I had!

*time period emphasized to indicate that things change and this might WELL not be allowed now!

Uh oh, it looks like i better start spending more time here :)

Those are two of the most hotly debated topics here, which is why it was hard for me to keep a straight face as she bestowed upon me her new-found Disney "knowledge."

Ooops! So going by that logic, I am a guest at ASMu so can I just run into the GF concierge for a quick snack? I am a Disney guest! lol

Those are two of the most hotly debated topics here, which is why it was hard for me to keep a straight face as she bestowed upon me her new-found Disney "knowledge."

Let her try it, then tells us how it worked for her :rotfl2: , um or didn't work for her :lmao:

Suzanne princess:

Ooops! So going by that logic, I am a guest at ASMu so can I just run into the GF concierge for a quick snack? I am a Disney guest! lol
Well since you need to insert you're KTTW card to gain access to the Royal Palm floors in the elevator and I would assume when going to Sugar Loaf you need to insert it into a door, you could not go for a snack in the Club Level louges. So I guess you could say this is one rule that can not be broken by anyone who is not a guest at either location while in WDW.

I LOVE when people give me Disney advise.
Ok, so that was sarcasim. I honestly can't stand bad advise given by those who think they are experts. lol. I just smile it off though. lol.

Not too long ago a co-worker was telling another person planning her first WDW vacation that she needs to get a wheelchair to go to the front of the lines. I cringed and explained the lines are mainstreamed now and gave a quick rundown on using fast pass. The first co-worker said "yeah but everyone uses fast pass so those lines are just as long as the regular ones so its no help at all." I just gave up! Now the person who was planning their first trip to Disney isn't going at all!

caroline.....

no worries!! I still learn something new...almost every day! You will be an expert by your next trip:)

Actually she's partially right about the mugs. The new YOMD mugs can be used at any resort beverage island on property.
You're still supposed to buy new mugs for each stay though.

I thought (and I may be wrong here) that people had posted saying even the new YOMD mugs still stated on them (or was it signage by the mugs when purchasing??) that they were still only good where purchased and for the length of your stay.

Well since you need to insert you're KTTW card to gain access to the Royal Palm floors in the elevator and I would assume when going to Sugar Loaf you need to insert it into a door, you could not go for a snack in the Club Level louges. So I guess you could say this is one rule that can not be broken by anyone who is not a guest at either location while in WDW.

Unless you happen to get on an elevator where someone is riding who has already inserted their card and punched the concierge floor. That's happened quite a few times to me at CR (although I was good and didn't go with them to look around - I stopped on my own floor). It would happen to me more when I was getting on the elevator on the 4th floor and there were others already in it.

I thought (and I may be wrong here) that people had posted saying even the new YOMD mugs still stated on them (or was it signage by the mugs when purchasing??) that they were still only good where purchased and for the length of your stay.

I just went to get my mug and checked :)
It says on the side (next to the handle)

"Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased"

No mention of them only being good where they are purchased, unlike the ones we bought in 2006.
Maybe it's due to split stays becoming more popular?

HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter