Close hotel or bite the bullet and stay onsite

Our first trip, we stayed at PPH and it was lovely! The 20 minute walk to the gates? Not so much. If we had more than a week to hang out and just wander around, as well as the budget, we'd love to try the Disneyland Hotel just for the awesome rooms, cool pool, monorail, etc.

BUT, the savings of over $800 for a week, plus the 5 minute walk to the gates makes staying across on Harbor a better choice for our family.

It all depends on what your priorities are - EVERY day EMH/MM? Stay on site.

More money for souvies, churros, and Dole Whips? Stay across the street.

I have to agree with this. Have never stayed onsite but as posted earlier, we were right across the street at DI&S. We are not nappers or park breakers and we basically had breakfast at the motel and didn't return until bed time. For the money we saved, we splurged on the WOC Dessert Party, character meal and Fantasmic Dining Package (family of 4).

For those planning a trip
I have to agree with this. Have never stayed onsite but as posted earlier, we were right across the street at DI&S. We are not nappers or park breakers and we basically had breakfast at the motel and didn't return until bed time. For the money we saved, we splurged on the WOC Dessert Party, character meal and Fantasmic Dining Package (family of 4).
desert inn & Suites is cheaper the earlier you book.

Its really an individual call. We have done both. Onsite is nice for sure but for many reasons I prefer offsite. I like saving money for in the parks! Our favorite Off site hotel is Hojo on Harbor. There is an awesome kids pool area and a nice regular pool too. The beds are as comfy as the disney property beds. Keurig coffee makers in room. No charge for parking. Super clean. Friendly staff. The walk is about 8 minutes to the esplanade so its a shorter walk than from Paradise Pier Hotel and maybe Disneyland hotel also.

Thanks! this is super helpful. Have you ever done Airbnbs or VRBOs?

I haven't done them at Disneyland. At WDW I use VRBO to book very nice villa for cheap. Doesn't seem to be as much of an option in Anaheim. I don't see the good deals that you can get in Florida for any sort of comparable properties. Unless I was going with a large group (to make the price worthwhile), I'll probably stick with less expensive hotels in walking distance to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter