Closed but Active PaperBag Album Swap Check in Here!!!

OK - I'm going to sound like a real dolt right now! I've read the directions several times and am still having troubling picturing the "spine" of this thing. Does anyone have theirs put together, but no further? That is, the spine is done with the ribbons, but there is no cover or pages done?

If so, would you take a picture and post it?

I have a feeling I'm going to need clarification of what you're all doing on the pages as well, but I'm not there yet. :rolleyes:

I'm checking in! I have thoughts in my head and bags in my cupboard, but that's about it. I won't be able to start on these till late May/early June.

I got my bags! Going to try putting it together this weekend. And OOH did I get some cute paper!

I did it! my very first one is put together.

Pirate, what I did was I cut a piece of cardstock 6x2 ½ inches I then folded that in half length wise... I then folded my bags in half. Place the folded cardstock on the spine to make sure its a good fit if it is then tape it down with 2 sided tape. That is your spine. After that you find your center and make your first punch and then the other 4. Insert ribbon and the spine is completed

Here are some pictures I took. I hope it helps a little

http://community.webshots.com/mypho...29939 2333495590098429939 2280219260098429939

Thanks for the photos I was trying to think about how to you my crop-a-dile to punch the holes. I appreciate being ablew to see the process.

Rebecca

Glad the photo's helped out :) I'm about done with my tags. I made 6 tags, 2 per pocket it looks really good. I'm going to add to my pictures tomorrow. just need to embellish each one. I have finished putting my base paper onto each page though. These are so much fun!

I think I've got how to do the spine now - those photos were really useful! I still can't really visualise how to do the inside - maybe when I have the bags it will become clear. Could we have step by step photos for the inside as well?:goodvibes I'm a bit unsure about the open ends of the bags and how we make pockets. 2 tags per pocket, I think - was there a detailed instruction somewhere :confused3

I did it! my very first one is put together.

Pirate, what I did was I cut a piece of cardstock 6x2 ½ inches I then folded that in half length wise... I then folded my bags in half. Place the folded cardstock on the spine to make sure its a good fit if it is then tape it down with 2 sided tape. That is your spine. After that you find your center and make your first punch and then the other 4. Insert ribbon and the spine is completed

Here are some pictures I took. I hope it helps a little

http://community.webshots.com/mypho...29939 2333495590098429939 2280219260098429939

Wow Kat! That is really cool how you did that! I wish I knew how to post pictures!!! You will have to teach me how to do that part someday!!!! Thank you so much for doing that, I am sure that will be a HUGE help to everyone!!!! You did a great job on your book by the way!!!! Proud of you!!!! Love the colors and fibers!!!!

Thanks Kat! That's what I thought after reading the directions...it just wasn't what I expected beforehand. ;) Those pictures were a great help! :teeth:

Wow, those are great pictures, Kat!! Very helpful! I'm such a visual learner so those pics will make the process a lot faster when I have time to get to it. I love the colors, too!!

Kind of OT, but I just returned from my trip to Iowa and picked out my new puppy! He's adorable!! He kind of adopted me when I was playing with him and his siblings, so he's the one! He's only 5 weeks old and not weaned yet. He's so young that he doesn't look like a corgi yet, but he will develop a lot in the next 1 to 2 weeks. I'll be bringing him home in another 4 or 5 weeks. I still haven't decided what to name him....his personality will also develop a lot in the next few weeks, so I will know more then!

I had to go to the store to get more batteries for the camera. I have more pictures to take, the first book looks sooo good. I am very proud of it so far.

Okay, I think I have the basic covers done for my Mickey & Friends. Is this what they're supposed to look like? For some reason, the red doesn't look as red in the picture as it's supposed to

DSCF1130.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter