(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each and every time, and yes, we brought jackets and sweatshirts and pants and long sleeved shirts to FLORIDA! Used the lockers at the front of DHS. Definitely had fun, but I sense a change in ride patterns due to FP+. We had to do single rider for RnR and it was a longer wait than usual. At one point we saw ToT had a posted wait time of 150 minutes! In January!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
Was ToT closed at some point and got backed-up when it re-opened? 150 mins in January (or anytime) is crazy! I don't recall any wait like that just recently at Christmas, but I didn't check the board for ToT and we used FP+ for TSM. The stand-by wait was something around 90 -110 in the morning last month.

We never have had issues with buses to MK. We have always had hassles with buses to DTD though. It's gotten so bad, we just drove the last time.
Pretty much all the Deluxes have reported terribly long trips to/from DtD. I think it's the worst bus ride from pretty much any Deluxe, so that's in part why we've stopped going.

heading down in a week and a half and I got a question concerning this. Does the BWI have any of the new tote boards that show when the next bus will be there? Does DTD? Where we will park at BWI, it wouldn't be too much out of the way to swing by and see when the next bus is due to arrive and make our plans from that. Bus depot a little out of the way at DTD though. Hey, put bus arrival on my smart phone Mickey! Quick!
Do you know which resorts have them now? I think having the bus arrival ETA on the MDX site is a fantastic idea. Will this ever be done?

Was ToT closed at some point and got backed-up when it re-opened? 150 mins in January (or anytime) is crazy! I don't recall any wait like that just recently at Christmas, but I didn't check the board for ToT and we used FP+ for TSM. The stand-by wait was something around 90 -110 in the morning last month.

Do you know which resorts have them now? I think having the bus arrival ETA on the MDX site is a fantastic idea. Will this ever be done?

We've had ToT wait like that once. Once we got in, we realized one side was down.

As for the bus arrival stuff, they were out at GF in October. We didn't stay there, but went over there for something and I saw them. It was kinda cool. They also had CMs in bus line explaining bus arrival times to people. I thought it was just a GF thing.

We'll be at BWV after our Fantasy cruise...December 6-10. It's my DD 11's favorite resort so she is happy to be going back. :cloud9:

We are booked for BWI in March/April, still trying to figure out exact dates as we may stay off site while going to SeaWorld and LEGOLAND.

Is it better to take the bus to MK instead of the Monorail from EP?

Also, is it better to get the boat to HS at the BWI or Dolphin/Swan dock?

Thanks!

We are booked for BWI in March/April, still trying to figure out exact dates as we may stay off site while going to SeaWorld and LEGOLAND.

Is it better to take the bus to MK instead of the Monorail from EP?

Also, is it better to get the boat to HS at the BWI or Dolphin/Swan dock?

Thanks!

It's quite a hike thru EPCOT (and requires admissions an AP or Park Hopper) to get to the monorail. I'd say walking at a brisk clip, it'd take 30 minutes to get to and thru EPCOT. I'd take the bus.

We were at BWI January 5-11th. We fell in love with the resort, by the way...our stay there was simply magical! Anyway, just wanted to say that our experience with bus service from there to MK was excellent. Our longest wait for a bus to pull up was about 2 minutes. Have an awesome trip!

Thank you for all the information I got from this thread! My fiancé and I are booked for the first part of our honeymoon (8/22-8/26) at the BWV in a boardwalk view room. We are renting points and saving a lot of money! Last trip we spent an evening on the boardwalk (dinner at FF and Jellyrolls) and we fell in love with the resort.

My questions are similar to the ones already asked, but I'm still not totally sure. Does 'boardwalk view' mean we will have one of those balconies you can see from the boardwalk itself? Or could we have a room where we need to step out on the balcony to see the boardwalk? I would LOVE a true boardwalk room but I'm not sure what we are getting!

Also, any insights on how to read Shamus' BWV locations by view posts? I'm assuming GV= grand villa but I'm unsure about 1D, 1L, SL, and SD.

Please pardon a newbie's silliness :) I appreciate any info you can give me!

rebeccam31 said:
Okay, I am hearing horror stories about the bus service to Magic Kingdom. Is it really *that* bad?

Normally, I would say not, but yesterday, when we needed to get to MK for a 6:10 ADR at BOG, we saw the AK busses and two DD buses before one came for MK.

WDWKOOK said:

To be fair, it was down in the morning, I don't know how long. And I did hear a CM comment to another that the wait was more like 90. Which is another thing I've noticed. Wait times seem to tend towards over estimation, but we've been finding some under estimates. I think what's happening is that more people are coming into the park faster than they can adjust estimate. And the tour groups can sure change a wait time in an instant.

Reading AirGoofy's comment reminded of an important point I forgot until now. Yes, one side was down.

Thank you for all the information I got from this thread! My fiancé and I are booked for the first part of our honeymoon (8/22-8/26) at the BWV in a boardwalk view room. We are renting points and saving a lot of money! Last trip we spent an evening on the boardwalk (dinner at FF and Jellyrolls) and we fell in love with the resort.

My questions are similar to the ones already asked, but I'm still not totally sure. Does 'boardwalk view' mean we will have one of those balconies you can see from the boardwalk itself? Or could we have a room where we need to step out on the balcony to see the boardwalk? I would LOVE a true boardwalk room but I'm not sure what we are getting!

Also, any insights on how to read Shamus' BWV locations by view posts? I'm assuming GV= grand villa but I'm unsure about 1D, 1L, SL, and SD.

Please pardon a newbie's silliness :) I appreciate any info you can give me!

I'm under the impression that the rooms you have to step out to see the Boardwalk would be the "Preferred" category - they cost the same as Boardwalk rooms, in terms of points, but Disney definitely has three categories - Boardwalk, Preferred and Standard (parking lot) views. As far as the location post question, the D stands for "dedicated" and the L for "lockoff" - a two-bedroom is a one-bedroom with a connecting door to a studio, so a dedicated room is one that does *not* have that connecting door. A 'lockoff' is called that because it's possible to just get a studio or one-bedroom, but be put into a room that connects to the other -- so you keep your connecting door locked and, no worries! :-)

Does 'boardwalk view' mean we will have one of those balconies you can see from the boardwalk itself? Or could we have a room where we need to step out on the balcony to see the boardwalk? I would LOVE a true boardwalk room but I'm not sure what we are getting!

BW view villas are all on the side that directly faces the BW (the few that are over the village green, where aportion of the BW can be seen from the balcony, are pool/garden view).

BW view rooms are exactly that - the view from the balcony is more panoramic, but you can usually see most of the lake, the BC/YC, fireworks from illuminations, and often spaceship earth from within the room. it is an amazing view to wake up (and go to sleep) to :goodvibes

Okay, I've gone and taken the plunge. We changed our resort from POFQ to BWI and will be there April 30 to May 8 in a standard view room. Never stayed there before but did do BC last year and love the area.

Slightly peeved that the quote this time was higher than it was just a week ago though. Sounds like when I changed my dates and added a day they changed the BB code making it now the same discount as the current AP offer whereas they told me BB was better before. I may look into it further but its only $120.

Now to make some dining plans!

We are here and it's not supposed to be 40° in Florida! But, then, considering we left single digits, I shouldn't complain ;-)

Funny thing is, We have EXACTLY the same room we had when I came with our daughters last May, room # 2003. So much for asking for a room by the elevator. In the last three out of four stays, we've had 2003, 5003, 2003. I think I know what number to play next time ;-)

Seriously, as we stay here more and more, I find the walk down the hall doesn't really seem that bad. And it will make it easier for us to get to DHS this morning.

Did you ask for a different room at check-in, or did you just figure you'd keep it for the DHS path? We had 2001 once and it was super-noisy. If we got that again, we would definitely try to switch as hard as possible. Glad you're enjoying the stay!

You and psac can count down the days until December together and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin:)

:thumbsup2

Hi! I need some help from BW experts! We stayed at the BWI a few times when it first opened. I liked the look & feel of the resort, but not a fan of the pool. Now we're almost always at YC, club level. However, I've been interested in trying the Innkeepers Club. There is a great AP rate on the Cottage Suites during our May dates. I'm thinking of changing our last 2 nights to stay there. The rooms look so lovely!

So it will be just my DH & I. We're mid- late 50's, do parks at rope drop then spend the afternoon napping or swimming & have a nice signature restaurant dinner.

Any input to help me make a decision?? I think my biggest concern is the lounge. I know we'll have to head outside & up to the Innkeepers Club for food service. Is there enough room there to sit & have our breakfast? (We never mind a trip back to out room with our food at YC, but just spent a 2 night stay @BC. Between the tiny lounge & the hike to our "end- of- the -world" room, we were not thrilled to have to carry our plates to room.) I can't imagine we'd be too happy to get all the way up to the lounge & have no where to sit & eat. And I sure don't want to carry a bagel & coffee all the way back to the cottage! Also our flight the last day is not til 8 PM, so we may want to relax in the lounge that afternoon before our pick up.

The days we'd be @ BW will be spent @ Epcot or the Studios, so no transportation issues involved in our decision. So, talk me into it!! :goodvibes

We haven't stayed at BWI club for a few years, but when we did, we had no problem with seating. In all the club places we've tried over the years, the ONLY place we had a problem with seating was at the BC. It's way too small in there.

We've never tried it, but I think those cottages are so cool. It's like having your own private rental home on Disney property. :)

We just arrived. Well, we arrived a couple hours ago, but the room wasn't ready. So much for requesting our room to be ready early. We also asked to be close to the elevator, and we are in room 5001, which is the farthest room possible from the elevators. I am thoroughly convinced they do not take into account the requests made, as we got neither of ours.

We just arrived. Well, we arrived a couple hours ago, but the room wasn't ready. So much for requesting our room to be ready early. We also asked to be close to the elevator, and we are in room 5001, which is the farthest room possible from the elevators. I am thoroughly convinced they do not take into account the requests made, as we got neither of ours.
I know this isn't fun to have to do upon arrival, but when you discovered that your request(s) weren't fulfilled, did you ask if there is something closer to an elevator available and/or a room that is available immediately? Not blaming you at all, just curious what they are telling you is the reason they can't fulfill your minor request.

Room 5001 is right next to a stairwell which will take you down to the rear side of the resort, next to the walkway to the studios. We always went down that way when we were in 4001 in December and only used the elevator when we came back to the room, it is actually very convenient there.

Denise

Hi! I'm booked in one of the club level "cottages" for my honeymoon an wondered what the room numbers are of those and if there are any that are better to request, in terms of location or slight room size differences. Also, what time does the club lounge open and close? Thanks!

We haven't stayed at BWI club for a few years, but when we did, we had no problem with seating. In all the club places we've tried over the years, the ONLY place we had a problem with seating was at the BC. It's way too small in there.

We've never tried it, but I think those cottages are so cool. It's like having your own private rental home on Disney property. :)

Thanks for your help! I think I'm gonna give it a try. It's only for 2 nights & I might as well try it with a great AP rate! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter