(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~11/13 - 6/14~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing confusing about walking around the Contemporary. Straight shot from garden wing to the main building and the pool is right next to the rooms. I had a huge Deluxe room that was cheaper than the standard room at the Polynesian. Food options were nice at the Contemporary but I was also able to get on the monorail to eat at the Polynesian. My only negatives from the Contemporary were getting back from Epcot took much longer than I was use to staying at the Polynesian and the pool bar was sort of a joke.

Thank you! I will read this to my husband.

Can anybody tell me about the fire pits on the beach? Thought it would be nice to make s'mores one night waiting for the water pageant to start

I finally did it. Went ahead and made our WL reservations for October 31 to November 5. :cool1: As two adults, the pool closure really doesn't affect us much; we hardly use the pool and prefer the WV rooms. Hopefully the hot tub by the villas won't be too crowded!

Lets all give KOOK a whole bunch of

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

since she will be HOME in the blink of an eye!;)

Kook, you have been working way too hard lately!!! :worship:

Travel safe and have a WONDERFUL vaca!!!

P).S. If you think of it, take pics of "new" WL merchandise plzzzz :bitelip:

I went through the transportation information on the first page (which always reminds me what a WONDERFUL JOB Kook has done in setting up this page!!) and I just want to confirm how I am translating the info:

If we are at AK and hop on the WL bus, will it stop at BB first? We want to hit the Winter Summerland mini golf there one afternoon when we leave AK and I am hoping this is an easy way to do it.

Thank you! :)

Yep! If I remember correctly, we stopped at BB. On the way to AK we did the same thing.

Can anybody tell me about the fire pits on the beach? Thought it would be nice to make s'mores one night waiting for the water pageant to start

There is one fire pit at the beach. However when we were there last week, they were only roasting marshmallows...no smores. I'm sure you could bring your own chocolate and graham crackers though. They do make smores at FW before the Chip n Dale Sing along. You just have to bring your own or either purchase a smores kit for $9.00. The kit actually lasted 2 nights...and that's with 3 children.

AND SAFE TRAVELS KOOK!!!! Enjoy your vacation!!!

CuteAsMinnie said:

Always much love for the Bay Lake Queen Kook-tastic ;) :grouphug:

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, here is the official word that was sent to travel agents today; In addition, the Silver Creek Springs Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be closed for refurbishment Sept. 3-Nov. 27, 2014. During this time, the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will remain open. Guests will also have the opportunity to visit either the Main Pool at Disney’s Contemporary Resort or the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Complimentary transportation will be provided to both of these neighboring resorts. If the pool was your Client’s primary reason for choosing Disney’s Wilderness Lodge during this timeframe, please consider working with your Client to find an alternative Walt Disney World Resort hotel that will suit their needs. Please remember that a full list of refurbishments taking place at the Walt Disney World Resort can be found on this site under the “Agent Quick-Links” drop-down menu.

We are at WL from Aug30-Sep3. Sounds like we may be good and miss the pool closure.

We actually love CR - but I do know the Contemporary theming is not for everyone. I like the "clean look" of contemporary style. :) You are right, there will be people who complain about every resort, but CR/BLT has served us well! Good luck!

In the 70s and 80s as kids we would always stay at the Contemporary. As no other hotel we stayed at had a monorail- that was the Disney theming. Also that Contemporary arcade in the 80s was legendary and an attraction in itself.
I understand why people don't think it has theming but I make it a point to go back to that hotel every trip.

Okay, conflicting info fixed. No water park passes, but use of CR or FWL pool. Still didn't answer my question about the view from the courtyard rooms. DH growing frustrated with constant change in answers. Starting to wonder if we are phoning Disney or the White House with all the floppy floppy round about answers. :)

As far as the marshmallow roasts on the beach do CMs build the fire or is it something that guests do on their own? I also would be interested in knowing if they sell the smores kits. Also how far is it to the FW campfire sing along?

So now we are thinking of a split between AKL and WL. Has anyone here done the hotel split before and now successful was it? Did you have regret? Did you wish you had just committed to one or the other? How much of a hassle was it to move? Hmmmm.

So we decided to change the dates of our trip. We may still run into construction issues if it gets extended past 11/27 but at least we'll be there for the famous Christmas decorations! We'll be celebrating our 1 year marriage anniversary (and first WL stay) from 13-21 Dec 2014!

So now we are thinking of a split between AKL and WL. Has anyone here done the hotel split before and now successful was it? Did you have regret? Did you wish you had just committed to one or the other? How much of a hassle was it to move? Hmmmm.

I've done splits many times. AKL is a very nice resort. The dining is interesting & good. In my opinion. The room is dark but it's a nice feel for us.

However, we rent a car. I can't really say it was much of a hassle for us.

I highly recommend trying different resorts but it depends on how you like to travel. For us it's been like 2 short vacations in one trip

I realize that this is very much a first world problem. But I really am devastated over this pool closure!! We have been planning this trip for four years and chose WL bc of construction at the Poly. The pool and the water slide are very important to us as we plan to use them daily and we are NOT interested in taking transportation to a different resort to be able to do so. All of our plans and adrs revolve around the WL and magic kingdom resort restaurants, so I don't really want to stay at an epcot resort or akl. however the theming of the contemporary and gf don't really appeal to us either. I just don't know what to do. Right now all I can do is cry bc I'm so disappointed. Don't they realize that lots of ppl have moved from poly to WL bc of construction?? Who on earth thought it was a good idea to have two mk area pools closed at the same time?? I really don't understand that!! Not to mention the fact that I found out in fb, rather than from disney! If ppl have reservations affected by this major of a closure they should let ppl know ASAP!! I realize this has probably all been said before, I'm just so heart broken I needed somewhere to vent my frustration/anger/sadness...

Wishing Kook a very wonderful and magical trip!! Enjoy!!

:car::jumping1::yay::yay::yay:

We have done exactly this and it works. Just save your AK days for your AKL stay and do MK while at WL. Transfers of bags between resorts only cost you a tip.

Awesome idea, but...Just found out the Free Dining would not follow us. Ah well. Doesn't seem to make sense to check into AKL for 3 nights, then move. Or does it? :) Gah, so many choices. How do the Disney regulars do it? ;)

Awesome idea, but...Just found out the Free Dining would not follow us. Ah well. Doesn't seem to make sense to check into AKL for 3 nights, then move. Or does it? :) Gah, so many choices. How do the Disney regulars do it? ;)

Foggy memory here but I think we booked on a bounce back deal. However, they gave us an upgrade once we were there, without asking. I'm one of those that don't ask. See if it works with your budget or maybe in the future......

I realize that this is very much a first world problem. But I really am devastated over this pool closure!! We have been planning this trip for four years and chose WL bc of construction at the Poly. The pool and the water slide are very important to us as we plan to use them daily and we are NOT interested in taking transportation to a different resort to be able to do so. All of our plans and adrs revolve around the WL and magic kingdom resort restaurants, so I don't really want to stay at an epcot resort or akl. however the theming of the contemporary and gf don't really appeal to us either. I just don't know what to do. Right now all I can do is cry bc I'm so disappointed. Don't they realize that lots of ppl have moved from poly to WL bc of construction?? Who on earth thought it was a good idea to have two mk area pools closed at the same time?? I really don't understand that!! Not to mention the fact that I found out in fb, rather than from disney! If ppl have reservations affected by this major of a closure they should let ppl know ASAP!! I realize this has probably all been said before, I'm just so heart broken I needed somewhere to vent my frustration/anger/sadness...

So sorry we understand. Many of us are in the same boat. I have been trying to focus on the positives. Back several pages Lodge Lady gives a list of other things that can be done at WL. All of the ADRs are in the MK area. All this being said we have considered moving to POR with a FD pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter