• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, why is it so hard to get an iced coffee?? :confused3 It is Florida and you are at a Deluxe Resort! I think the only options are to boat to Contemporary (Contemporary Grounds), or Magic Kingdom Starbucks.

There are actually many spots so get an iced coffee at WDW. I can't name the locations off hand but all the parks have at least one coffee kiosk (not counting S-Bucks. You could also get creative and make your own if you know your preferred coffee/milk ratio. I can do wonders with 2 shots of espresso!:thumbsup2:rotfl:

But... Don't know why iced coffee isn't available at all resorts and for conceirge to be rude about it....:worried::(:confused:

:surfweb:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Map-of-Disneys-Wilderness-Lodge-from-**************.net_1.jpg http://**************.net/wp-conten...ilderness-Lodge-from-**************.net_1.jpg not sure how to get the actual picture to show up, but here is my confusion. I have a CL room booked - NON-deluxe. So that guarantees me 7th floor. If I ask for "north side" essentially I would be looking at a parking lot?? if I am reading all of WDWKooks pics/maps that are posted correctly, there are NO rooms on the 7th floor more toward the lake? In what i posted as the 1000 rooms? hope this makes sense

not sure how to get the actual picture to show up, but here is my confusion. I have a CL room booked - NON-deluxe. So that guarantees me 7th floor. If I ask for "north side" essentially I would be looking at a parking lot?? if I am reading all of WDWKooks pics/maps that are posted correctly, there are NO rooms on the 7th floor more toward the lake? In what i posted as the 1000 rooms? hope this makes sense

Actually there aren't any rooms that look at the WL parking lot. The 7th floor club level rooms on the north side would be facing the Contemporary Resort and the trees. If you look at the aerial photo, the rooms circled in yellow on the right are on the north side.

WLclublevel_zps8db367a3.jpg

the aerial map makes it look like the north side looks down on an access/construction/parking area?
This is the CL map from the CL section of the thread:
WL7thfloor.jpg

The rooms at the very top of the image are North Wing rooms that face out toward the woods, MK, monorail and CR. To the left is the service entrance area and smokehouse underneath 7085 and 7086, the Honeymoon Suites.

There are two possible CL views: Woods and Courtyard. You're right that the North Wing CL rooms do have a view off down and to the left of a service entrance area and the smokehouse. The rooms that are directly above this location though are Standard View rooms which are not available on the 7th floor. The only 7th floor rooms that are directly above, like the Standard View rooms, are two of the four Honeymoon Suites.

http://www.plan-a-magical-vacation.com/wilderness-lodge-maps.html
wilderness-lodge-maps.html

the aerial map makes it look like the north side looks down on an access/construction/parking area?

Yes, there is a service area below those club level rooms. If you look toward the upper left hand corner of this photo you can see the dormer balconies of the club level rooms. I have never stayed club level, so I'm not sure what these rooms are like. Hopefully, someone who has stayed in one will chime in. :)

IMG_0010.jpg

thanks!! just want everything to be perfect!! our 22 year old may join us, and this could be the last "family trip"!! So trying to make it super special!! nothing like waking up in the middle of the night, looking out the window and seeing the castle in the distance!!!

It's getting close! I'm staying in a Woods View! What room/area should I request since the south wing is out! I did request high floor near elevator during booking!

I'm booked for week after thanksgiving! First time staying at any WDW resort! We requested woods view. Is there anything else we should ask for to hopefully see the fireworks?

Thanks !

Does anyone know if they sell children's swim diapers in the mercantile? I've already placed my order at Garden Grocer and am thinking it might be easier to just pick them up once we arrive at the Lodge. I don't want to use valuable suitcase room packing them:) TIA!

Does anyone know if they sell children's swim diapers in the mercantile? I've already placed my order at Garden Grocer and am thinking it might be easier to just pick them up once we arrive at the Lodge. I don't want to use valuable suitcase room packing them:) TIA!
Yes, they have them:

I'm booked for week after thanksgiving! First time staying at any WDW resort! We requested woods view. Is there anything else we should ask for to hopefully see the fireworks?

Thanks !

Requesting a high floor will help, and North Wing woods view rooms have balconies that open to the North, so you are more likely to have a view of MK and the Wishes fireworks.

Congratulations. WL was our first resort at WDW and we still haven't stayed anywhere else. :thumbsup2

Thanks WDWKOOK! At this point in my packing anything I can just buy at the resort the better! Thanks for all the fantastic info. on the site-it's been a helpful resource while planning our trip to the WL...and has help build up the excitement and anticipation!

Just upgraded from CBR to WL, so excited!! We will be there from 12/17-12/23- for Christmas. Never stayed here before but always wanted to!! :cool1::cool1: We just requested north side high floor so really hope we get that-- woods view. Is this a good location?? ALso does anyone know when the water taxi runs in the mornings- esp EMH? We plan on it for 12/18 which is an EMH- how early does the taxi start running?? Any other things we should know about ahead of time, thanks so much in advance!!

Just upgraded from CBR to WL, so excited!! We will be there from 12/17-12/23- for Christmas. Never stayed here before but always wanted to!! :cool1::cool1: We just requested north side high floor so really hope we get that-- woods view. Is this a good location?? ALso does anyone know when the water taxi runs in the mornings- esp EMH? We plan on it for 12/18 which is an EMH- how early does the taxi start running?? Any other things we should know about ahead of time, thanks so much in advance!!

Congratulations. It sounds like you have a good room request, although you can't go too wrong at WL.

The boats to MK are tied to park hours, and start about a half hour before the park opens. I am not sure however if this is based on EMH hours. The boats to CR and FW start at 6:45, so you could take one of those and walk from CR as an option too.

For the quickest transportation to MK, (although not the most fun) we take the bus. Once one arrives it is only a 5 minute trip, and the buses start earlier in the morning so it wouldn't be a problem to get one for EMH or a pre-park opening ADR. Then we enjoy taking the boat back to the resort when we aren't in as much of a hurry.

How much does a cab from the WL to BC usually run? This is usually the best way to go, right? Do cabs at Disney take cards or are they all still cash only?

Is woods view the same as north side?

No, there are Woods View rooms in both wings of the resort. There's a map here showing where the different bookable categories of rooms are in the resort.

The North wing woods view rooms have balconies that face towards MK, so they are often mentioned here for their potential fireworks views.

Does anyone know where we can get coffee in the morning and pastry or muffin?? And also, what kind of coffee do they serve? I know they have a starbucks now at Main St. Bakery but wanted to know where we could grab a quick snack in morning before heading to MK- thanks so much.

Does anyone know where we can get coffee in the morning and pastry or muffin?? And also, what kind of coffee do they serve? I know they have a starbucks now at Main St. Bakery but wanted to know where we could grab a quick snack in morning before heading to MK- thanks so much.
You can get them in Roaring Forks, the counter service restaurant. There will also be some Joffreys coffee in your resort room. You'll be able to make two cups of regular and two cups of decaf. It tastes pretty good if you use the filtered water from the beverage dispenser in Roaring Forks. And housekeeping can bring you more coffee if you request it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter