• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get them in Roaring Forks, the counter service restaurant. There will also be some Joffreys coffee in your resort room. You'll be able to make two cups of regular and two cups of decaf. It tastes pretty good if you use the filtered water from the beverage dispenser in Roaring Forks. And housekeeping can bring you more coffee if you request it. :)

Awesome! Thanks very much. Just trying to get familiar with this resort and looks like we will really enjoy it so much- love the feel of it so rustic and absolutely love the close proximity to MK. With the renovations going on how likely is it that they will be done by mid December?? I know it is slated to go till end of November so hoping everything will be completed by time we go in December.

Does anyone know where we can get coffee in the morning and pastry or muffin?? And also, what kind of coffee do they serve? I know they have a starbucks now at Main St. Bakery but wanted to know where we could grab a quick snack in morning before heading to MK- thanks so much.

Roaring Fork is the Quick Service at WL. They have pastries (I think?), muffins, and desserts. They have a microwave in the dining room. The hot items are breakfast croissant sandwiches, waffles, and breakfast platters. Yogurt, cereal and fruit. I think there is a list on the front of this thread somewhere.

The coffee at Roaring Fork is already brewed. They don't have a barrista or any espresso drinks. I believe it is Joffreys, regular and decaf. I would assume it is a similar blend to what is in the in-room coffee makers. I like a dark roast and found both to be just ok, not great. I was told 3 free refills in 2 hours after purchase. I believe I have heard it is included as part of your refillable mug purchase as well.

Starbucks at Main Street Bakery was passed up by most of the rope drop crowd headed for A&E and 7DMT on a recent hot August morning. I was surprised. I could have easily ducked in for a quick cup. I'm sure later in the morning the lines are as advertised (i.e. LONG).

I am reading Tikiman posts that rooms at WL are to be converted to DVC. Anyone hear about this? Speculation about which rooms will be converted?

Roaring Fork is the Quick Service at WL. They have pastries (I think?), muffins, and desserts. They have a microwave in the dining room. The hot items are breakfast croissant sandwiches, waffles, and breakfast platters. Yogurt, cereal and fruit. I think there is a list on the front of this thread somewhere.

The coffee at Roaring Fork is already brewed. They don't have a barrista or any espresso drinks. I believe it is Joffreys, regular and decaf. I would assume it is a similar blend to what is in the in-room coffee makers. I like a dark roast and found both to be just ok, not great. I was told 3 free refills in 2 hours after purchase. I believe I have heard it is included as part of your refillable mug purchase as well.

Starbucks at Main Street Bakery was passed up by most of the rope drop crowd headed for A&E and 7DMT on a recent hot August morning. I was surprised. I could have easily ducked in for a quick cup. I'm sure later in the morning the lines are as advertised (i.e. LONG).

Thanks so much, this information is truly helpful. I would imagine with the A&E and 7DMT it is pretty insane getting over there quickly- having never gone to WDW this close to Christmas wanted to take advantage of the EMH 8AM by heading there first- hopefully it won't be too insane at that time- which is why I kind of wanted to get our coffee and danish before we leave the resort so we can head right there. Thanks for the help

I am reading Tikiman posts that rooms at WL are to be converted to DVC. Anyone hear about this? Speculation about which rooms will be converted?

Oh dear. There was a long discussion about this over on the DVC board on the VWL thread. I ignored most because it sounded like unfounded rumor and speculation. I prefer the "Ostrich-with-his-head-in-the-sand" approach. Read up over there on their thoughts.

I believe post #1126 is the first of that discussion here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3242976&page=76

And a DIS thread that I didn't read.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3304891

How much does a cab from the WL to BC usually run? This is usually the best way to go, right? Do cabs at Disney take cards or are they all still cash only?

Many cabs have the sign on them that says they accept credit cards. However, before you get in the cab make sure they really accept it! Last trip we took a cab and then when we got dropped off the cab driver said "cash only" and said his machine was broken. We told him to wait and went into the hotel to the ATM but when we came back out he was gone.

Hello everyone. I'm heading to Wilderness Lodge Aug 23 - Sept 1 and was a little concerned when I received a message from Disney Destinations stating that the feature pool will be closed during my visit. We are normally a Poly family but are visiting WL this time because of construction. So when I saw the message....aaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhhhh! I called Wilderness Lodge and the operator said the message she has is "early Sept through November." Just curious if anyone else received a similar message. Here's the message we received... ADD US TO YOUR ADDRESS BOOK | VIEW IN YOUR BROWSER RESORT TRANSPORTATION DRIVING DIRECTIONS ADD A MAGICAL SURPRISE Your Walt Disney World® vacation is almost here! We have some information we think you will find helpful for your stay. First of all, you picked a great place to stay! You'll find beautiful touches of rustic majesty throughout this Resort hotel, plus discover convenient amenities in your room including complimentary Wi-Fi^, a mini fridge and coffee maker. And to help you be as prepared as possible, please note that the feature pool will be closed for renovation during your visit. Rest assured that every effort will be made to ensure your visit is magical, and many other amenities will be open for your enjoyment. Disney's Wilderness Lodge Location: Magic Kingdom® area Address: 901 Timberline Drive Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 View Resort Map Phone: 407-824-3200 Check In: 3 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m. For some extra fun in and around your Resort, don't miss the Silver Creek Springs Pool Party! View recreation calendar. TURN YOUR VACATION INTO A CELEBRATION From uniquely Disney bouquets and gift baskets to elaborate in-room celebrations, you can create your own magic by sending a one-of-a-kind gift experience that will be remembered forever! Here are a few ideas to get you started. See more. Give the gift of a memory to your special someone today! Explore now or call 407-827-3437. A MESSAGE ABOUT THE MONORAIL Please keep in mind that the Resort, Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Express monorails are currently not running in the early morning and late evening. Plan to utilize our other forms of transportation (e.g., buses and watercraft) when monorails are unavailable. Click here for more information. PARDON OUR PIXIE DUST We're working on making the Downtown Disney® experience an even more magical one, so please know that construction on the area is currently taking place. We recommend you use Walt Disney World Resort transportation (bus or water taxi, if available) from your Disney Resort hotel if you travel here during your visit. DRIVING DIRECTIONS For door-to-door directions, click on the Maps link and input your address in the "from" field. We've provided the destination information. When complete just click "Get Directions." View on Google Maps. RESORT TRANSPORTATION From your Resort, you can take a bus or water launch to Magic Kingdom® Park. Bus transportation is available to access the other Theme Parks, Water Parks and the Downtown Disney® area. Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2 a.m. from the Downtown Disney area. If you're hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to Roaring Fork (open from 6 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.). Helpful Links Visit My Disney Experience Make Dining Reservations Explore Memory Maker Need help? Visit the Help Center or call 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639). Reminders View or modify your Disney FastPass+ selections** at any time Download the mobile app* *Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. **Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. †Your privacy and security are important to us. Click here to learn more about our privacy and data collection policies and how RF technology is used in MagicBands and cards. ^Message data and roaming rates may apply. Coverage may not be available everywhere. To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add disneydestinations@experience.disneydestinations.com to your email address book or safe list. Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form. If you would like to update your email address, click here. ©Disney ©Disney/Pixar CMR-12-21992_08

The jackhammering is supposed to occur during the first few weeks of the start of the rehab. I just want to make sure you know that the Deluxe rooms that are closest to the lounge face the inner courtyard of WL and the pool and all 25 Deluxe rooms are on floors 1-6. None are on the 7th floor where the lounge is located. The Deluxe rooms at the very ends of the two wings are the furthest from the lounge, but they will also be furthest from the inner courtyard and pool rehab noise. These are the Deluxe rooms furthest from the lounge, but furthest from the pool. They have Bay Lake views, but the North Wing rooms have obstructed views. The South Wing rooms have less obstructed views. (12/13) South Wing: http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/WL 12-2013/IMG_1500.jpg.html (12/13) North Wing: http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/WL 12-2013/IMG_1497.jpg.html This is the view from Deluxe room 5123 that is closest to the lounge (6/14): http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/WL 2014/IMG_1892.jpg.html http://s621.photobucket.com/user/WDWKOOK/media/WL 2014/IMG_1891.jpg.html :thumbsup2
Thanks for the info kook. From the map I thought the inner courtyard looked furthest from the pool and the end room ones were right by it. So much for my map reading skills. Will have to change the request.

Hello everyone. I'm heading to Wilderness Lodge Aug 23 - Sept 1 and was a little concerned when I received a message from Disney Destinations stating that the feature pool will be closed during my visit. We are normally a Poly family but are visiting WL this time because of construction. So when I saw the message....aaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhhhh! I called Wilderness Lodge and the operator said the message she has is "early Sept through November." Just curious if anyone else received a similar message. Here's the message we received... ADD US TO YOUR ADDRESS BOOK | VIEW IN YOUR BROWSER RESORT TRANSPORTATION DRIVING DIRECTIONS ADD A MAGICAL SURPRISE Your Walt Disney World® vacation is almost here! We have some information we think you will find helpful for your stay. First of all, you picked a great place to stay! You'll find beautiful touches of rustic majesty throughout this Resort hotel, plus discover convenient amenities in your room including complimentary Wi-Fi^, a mini fridge and coffee maker. And to help you be as prepared as possible, please note that the feature pool will be closed for renovation during your visit. Rest assured that every effort will be made to ensure your visit is magical, and many other amenities will be open for your enjoyment. Disney's Wilderness Lodge Location: Magic Kingdom® area Address: 901 Timberline Drive Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 View Resort Map Phone: 407-824-3200 Check In: 3 p.m. Check Out: 11 a.m. For some extra fun in and around your Resort, don't miss the Silver Creek Springs Pool Party! View recreation calendar. TURN YOUR VACATION INTO A CELEBRATION From uniquely Disney bouquets and gift baskets to elaborate in-room celebrations, you can create your own magic by sending a one-of-a-kind gift experience that will be remembered forever! Here are a few ideas to get you started. See more. Give the gift of a memory to your special someone today! Explore now or call 407-827-3437. A MESSAGE ABOUT THE MONORAIL Please keep in mind that the Resort, Epcot® and Magic Kingdom® Express monorails are currently not running in the early morning and late evening. Plan to utilize our other forms of transportation (e.g., buses and watercraft) when monorails are unavailable. Click here for more information. PARDON OUR PIXIE DUST We're working on making the Downtown Disney® experience an even more magical one, so please know that construction on the area is currently taking place. We recommend you use Walt Disney World Resort transportation (bus or water taxi, if available) from your Disney Resort hotel if you travel here during your visit. DRIVING DIRECTIONS For door-to-door directions, click on the Maps link and input your address in the "from" field. We've provided the destination information. When complete just click "Get Directions." View on Google Maps. RESORT TRANSPORTATION From your Resort, you can take a bus or water launch to Magic Kingdom® Park. Bus transportation is available to access the other Theme Parks, Water Parks and the Downtown Disney® area. Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until 2 a.m. from the Downtown Disney area. If you're hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to Roaring Fork (open from 6 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.). Helpful Links Visit My Disney Experience Make Dining Reservations Explore Memory Maker Need help? Visit the Help Center or call 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639). Reminders View or modify your Disney FastPass+ selections** at any time Download the mobile app* *Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. **Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited. †Your privacy and security are important to us. Click here to learn more about our privacy and data collection policies and how RF technology is used in MagicBands and cards. ^Message data and roaming rates may apply. Coverage may not be available everywhere. To ensure the delivery of emails concerning Disney Destinations, LLC, to your inbox, please take a moment to add disneydestinations@experience.disneydestinations.com to your email address book or safe list. Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form. If you would like to update your email address, click here. ©Disney ©Disney/Pixar CMR-12-21992_08
Those were sent out in error. Rehab doesn't start until sept 3rd

Hi! My family is staying at the WL Villas in September. My parents will be staying in a Woods View room at the WL next door and my daughter will probably sleep in their room. What rooms or areas should I request to be in so that we are as close as possible to each other. Also, my dad has knee issues, so closeness to the bus stop would also help. TIA!

Hi! My family is staying at the WL Villas in September. My parents will be staying in a Woods View room at the WL next door and my daughter will probably sleep in their room. What rooms or areas should I request to be in so that we are as close as possible to each other. Also, my dad has knee issues, so closeness to the bus stop would also help. TIA!

There is a section of woods view rooms that are close to the lobby, close to the elevator, and about as close to the bus stop as you can get at the WL. It is also facing the villas. So that is the section you want. We were in room 3104 and it was really close to the lobby and the exit to the bus stop. That is the same exit you would use to get to the villas.

Right now that section of woods view rooms have scaffolding set up in front of them. We think the rooms do not have anyone in them while the exterior repairs are being made. I'm not sure if the work will be done when you are there in September.

viewstraight2013-11-30arrivaldayWL11302013006_zps1a0c1152.jpg

Room 3104 was right above the Cub's Den. You can see how close the villas building is from this room.

Those were sent out in error. Rehab doesn't start until sept 3rd

I'm checking in on the 19th - 26th & I did not get that e-mail. When I did call several times to check on this issue I was assured that the pool construction would not be starting till September 3rd. I'm just hoping the pool construction does not start before schedule & the information I was told by Disney was correct.

I'll post on this thread when I check in on Tuesday :flower3:

I'm checking in on the 19th - 26th & I did not get that e-mail. When I did call several times to check on this issue I was assured that the pool construction would not be starting till September 3rd. I'm just hoping the pool construction does not start before schedule & the information I was told by Disney was correct. I'll post on this thread when I check in on Tuesday :flower3:

Ocean marina I check in on Monday! I think we are safe with the pool being open during our stay! I never received a latter either! Hoping everything goes smoothly! Are you in a Woods View also? I'll also be posting to this thread & keeping everyone up to date!

Hi Danielle,

We are staying at the Villas & checking in on Tuesday. I called the hotel a few times & spoke to a manager on property who assured me that the pool scaffolding will not be going up prior to September 3rd, so we should not be affected by this construction. It's been a lower than average temperature summer for us in NY so I have not had a lot of pool days this summer with my kids (ages 9 & 6) so I'm really hoping for great weather & lots of fun at the pool :beach:. To me spending time at the pool is a big priority, so I was really worried to hear about this pool construction. I think you are right & we should be ok (fingers crossed ;)

Thanks WDWKOOK! At this point in my packing anything I can just buy at the resort the better! Thanks for all the fantastic info. on the site-it's been a helpful resource while planning our trip to the WL...and has help build up the excitement and anticipation!
You're welcome. Not sure if you have a DoD/military ID card, but for those who do, you can shop at the SoG PX for just about anything, including themed clothing. No tax and big price savings and you can park in the garage there for free or even walk over from Poly.

Just upgraded from CBR to WL, so excited!! We will be there from 12/17-12/23- for Christmas. Never stayed here before but always wanted to!! :cool1::cool1: We just requested north side high floor so really hope we get that-- woods view. Is this a good location?? ALso does anyone know when the water taxi runs in the mornings- esp EMH? We plan on it for 12/18 which is an EMH- how early does the taxi start running?? Any other things we should know about ahead of time, thanks so much in advance!!
Welcome to the thread and I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log. I think all your questions were answered - I hope.

Does anyone know where we can get coffee in the morning and pastry or muffin?? And also, what kind of coffee do they serve? I know they have a starbucks now at Main St. Bakery but wanted to know where we could grab a quick snack in morning before heading to MK- thanks so much.
Just adding to the other responses that you can also get great coffee and fresh pastries on your way to the MK if you take the Blue Flag boat which stops at CR. Contemporary Grounds, in the lobby, is like a Starbucks and it's right next to the door near Bell Services where you take the path right to the MK. HERE is the link to the menu and more info.

We discussed this a bit last month here. The rumor was originally posted to the wdwmagic forum by a (current?former?) CM. HERE is the link to the original discussion.

I think the teepee idea sounds preposterous, but I absolutely believe that some of the rooms, probably Deluxe rooms, will be converted to villas and the rest of the "rumor" is believable to me. I can easily imagine those 25 Deluxe rooms being converted to Studios or One Bedrooms. They all have connecting rooms so I suppose two bedroom suites aren't out of the question either. They could have CL access like at the Jambo suites. DVC is extremely profitable for Disney and I think that converting rooms to DVC villas, like what they did with AKL's Jambo House, CR's North Garden Wing and currently some Poly longhouses, is probably what will happen at WL. I get the feeling that soon we won't recognize our beloved Lodge:worried:

Oh dear. There was a long discussion about this over on the DVC board on the VWL thread. I ignored most because it sounded like unfounded rumor and speculation. I prefer the "Ostrich-with-his-head-in-the-sand" approach. Read up over there on their thoughts.

I believe post #1126 is the first of that discussion here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3242976&page=76

And a DIS thread that I didn't read.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3304891
:wave:
Thank you for posting more links to the discussion.

Hello everyone. I'm heading to Wilderness Lodge Aug 23 - Sept 1 and was a little concerned when I received a message from Disney Destinations stating that the feature pool will be closed during my visit. We are normally a Poly family but are visiting WL this time because of construction. So when I saw the message....aaaaaauuuuuugggggghhhhhhh! I called Wilderness Lodge and the operator said the message she has is "early Sept through November." Just curious if anyone else received a similar message.
We were discussing this HERE on 8/13. The message was sent in error and frankly, should be retracted so as not to create further confusion.

Thanks for the info kook. From the map I thought the inner courtyard looked furthest from the pool and the end room ones were right by it. So much for my map reading skills. Will have to change the request.
The inner CYV rooms directly overlook the pool. The Deluxe rooms at the ends of the wings directly overlook Bay Lake with the pool area sort of behind the room. The noise may be the same, but if you're in a Deluxe room at the end of the wing, you won't really see any of the construction from your balcony. From an inner CYV Deluxe room, you will see all of the construction from your balcony.

Well being a Disney noob (in the dad /organizer role) I didn't know this was a thing. Managed to secure a chef Mickey which was good. Also have ADR for crystal palace and whispering canyon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter