• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops. Posted before finishing...

I'm still trying to land a CRT and fireworks dessert. Also wavering on mvmdp

Kook, I should probably have you add us as well.

12/13-12/20, VWL 1 bedroom (through CRO with the RO discount). This will be our 3rd VWL stay, but the first time as a CRO guest. We've always rented points in the past, but wanted more flexibility.

Alright folks need some guidance, will be at the lodge in September and this will be my 3rd time there but for this trip we are doing cl for the first time. Super excited. My question is, is there a certain room or a certain request i should make? Was pretty bummed to find out there are no king rooms available in standard club but any advice or guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Alright folks need some guidance, will be at the lodge in September and this will be my 3rd time there but for this trip we are doing cl for the first time. Super excited. My question is, is there a certain room or a certain request i should make? Was pretty bummed to find out there are no king rooms available in standard club but any advice or guidance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

For the CL rooms I believe different bed options are by request only, so you might be able to request a king bed and depending on availability get one. As far as other requests go, your big choices are inner courtyard or outer facing. Being there in September, there will be construction in the pool courtyard ares, so some may prefer an outer facing room. All of the regular (non-deluxe) CL rooms are on the 7th floor and in the narrower portion of the two wings, so no CL room is very far from anywhere.

Hi there everyone! Thanks WDWKOOK for adding us and the info. as to early morning pick up of coffee, danish etc- thanks so much. We just added my daughter's BF who will be coming with us- his first ever trip to WDW!!!!! We were not able to get a deluxe room to add the 5th person darn it- but he is going to be in his own room- so perhaps having extra space and bathroom is not such a bad thing. I am having a little trouble linking all the dining reservations but did get him linked with resort reservations- now I have to customize his magic bands and finish with dining. I am beyond excited for him and my daughter too- Beauty and Beast is their favorite movie of all time and it has been her dream to dine with him at Beast Castle!! I have a real feeling he might propose to her as he has hinted at this for awhile now- please keep your fingers crossed- They have been dating for about 4 years now and its time. And this has always been my daughter's dream too- so I am letting the stars and magic fall where they may.

Well being a Disney noob (in the dad /organizer role) I didn't know this was a thing. Managed to secure a chef Mickey which was good. Also have ADR for crystal palace and whispering canyon
We're honored to have another DIS Dad on board. Those are very good ADRs. Are you going with kids? If so, what are their ages?

Oops. Posted before finishing...

I'm still trying to land a CRT and fireworks dessert. Also wavering on mvmdp
Any Epcot/DHS? If you can't get CRT and you have someone with you who would love dining with princesses, consider Akershus at Epcot. The princesses do a great job of greeting each table and posing for photos.

Kook, I should probably have you add us as well.

12/13-12/20, VWL 1 bedroom (through CRO with the RO discount). This will be our 3rd VWL stay, but the first time as a CRO guest. We've always rented points in the past, but wanted more flexibility.
It is great being able to control the reservation and have so much flexibility with changes. You'll also get daily housekeeping and I hope you got a pretty good RO discount applied.

GrandCalifornian gave you great advice about the pool area rehab. so you might want to request a North Wing Woods View room. You can just email the IPO with any requests.

I thought there were a very small amount of CL kings that aren't Honeymoon Suites, but I believe they're HA rooms that aren't as desirable when you don't have a physical need for them. But, the four HS rooms do all have kings if you want to see about upgrading.

Did they replace matrasses this year with the rehab? Anyone know?
I know that WL did during their last rehab and I would assume VWL did, but I don't know for certain.
popcorn:::listen:

For the CL rooms I believe different bed options are by request only, so you might be able to request a king bed and depending on availability get one. As far as other requests go, your big choices are inner courtyard or outer facing. Being there in September, there will be construction in the pool courtyard ares, so some may prefer an outer facing room. All of the regular (non-deluxe) CL rooms are on the 7th floor and in the narrower portion of the two wings, so no CL room is very far from anywhere.
Your trip is coming up soon and I can't wait to read about your POR stay. I've been enjoying your PTR that is conveniently linked to in your signature - check it out everyone - especially if you love sewing, cute almost 5-year-olds and a cameo by a Great Dane;)

Hi there everyone! Thanks WDWKOOK for adding us and the info. as to early morning pick up of coffee, danish etc- thanks so much.

We just added my daughter's BF who will be coming with us- his first ever trip to WDW!!!!! We were not able to get a deluxe room to add the 5th person darn it- but he is going to be in his own room- so perhaps having extra space and bathroom is not such a bad thing. I am having a little trouble linking all the dining reservations but did get him linked with resort reservations- now I have to customize his magic bands and finish with dining. I am beyond excited for him and my daughter too- Beauty and Beast is their favorite movie of all time and it has been her dream to dine with him at Beast Castle!!

I have a real feeling he might propose to her as he has hinted at this for awhile now- please keep your fingers crossed- They have been dating for about 4 years now and its time. And this has always been my daughter's dream too- so I am letting the stars and magic fall where they may.
Oh, this trip has so many exciting possibilities! Pins and needles for sure! I think the extra room will work out better since you'll have the extra bathroom for more privacy. Are you already staying CL? If so, you'll have breakfast in the lounge every morning. If not, the two non-CL rooms are probably less than one Deluxe CL room.

Please keep us posted on what happens and I have heard that Disney photographers can capture that special moment;)

Oh, this trip has so many exciting possibilities! Pins and needles for sure! I think the extra room will work out better since you'll have the extra bathroom for more privacy. Are you already staying CL? If so, you'll have breakfast in the lounge every morning. If not, the two non-CL rooms are probably less than one Deluxe CL room.

Please keep us posted on what happens and I have heard that Disney photographers can capture that special moment;)

Yes, I know, and no we just have 2 regular woods view rooms booked- have asked for connecting rooms so hope they can honor that. It was interesting to note that when I called to add him the lady said they only had 3 rooms left w/woods view for my time frame 12/17-12/23- I guess this means they are really filling up. No doubt by now, they are probably gone. We are so excited for Chris and his first visit- staying deluxe he will not want to stay anywhere else I have a feeling. Still having problems linking dining reservations and adding him to where it says modify guests- keeps telling me server is busy. Has anyone else had issues with this??

Yes, I know, and no we just have 2 regular woods view rooms booked- have asked for connecting rooms so hope they can honor that. It was interesting to note that when I called to add him the lady said they only had 3 rooms left w/woods view for my time frame 12/17-12/23- I guess this means they are really filling up. No doubt by now, they are probably gone. We are so excited for Chris and his first visit- staying deluxe he will not want to stay anywhere else I have a feeling. Still having problems linking dining reservations and adding him to where it says modify guests- keeps telling me server is busy. Has anyone else had issues with this??
That would be so much fun to have him propose. What a great resort for it, too. You'll have to give us a little update if he "pops the question". :)

That would be so much fun to have him propose. What a great resort for it, too. You'll have to give us a little update if he "pops the question". :)

I will surely keep you all posted. I know he will definitely ask for my help seeing how he has never been to disney world before and knows nothing about even how to plan something like this. I just think it would be so magical for my girl- and she'd be absolutely shocked. But its all in God's perfect timing so it is what it is- I am just happy to share my love of Disney with him. Thanks everyone :)

I will surely keep you all posted. I know he will definitely ask for my help seeing how he has never been to disney world before and knows nothing about even how to plan something like this. I just think it would be so magical for my girl- and she'd be absolutely shocked. But its all in God's perfect timing so it is what it is- I am just happy to share my love of Disney with him. Thanks everyone :)
Awwww, you will make a wonderful mother-in-law;) and, what wonderful memories you're making by taking him on his first trip ever to WDW. I have a feeling it won't be his last:groom::bride:

Kook I'll be going with DW, DD 2.5yo and DD 1yo. We'll be doing MK for sure. Tentatively also HS and looks like a separate MVMDP. Wifey feels that Epcot is to "adult" and "boring" although neither of us have been there in over 15 years.

Daughters are big into princesses but not sure if going to Epcot just for a dinner experience is worth it

In just a little over 24 hours, we'll be "on the road again" from PA to the Wilderness Lodge. Man this last year went fast!!!! I can hardly wait! :cool1:

(Just realized that somehow my countdown banner thing is off by two days. Ah well, LOL).

Kook I'll be going with DW, DD 2.5yo and DD 1yo. We'll be doing MK for sure. Tentatively also HS and looks like a separate MVMDP. Wifey feels that Epcot is to "adult" and "boring" although neither of us have been there in over 15 years.

Daughters are big into princesses but not sure if going to Epcot just for a dinner experience is worth it

If you do Akershus for your princess meal instead of CRT, I'm sure the kids will enjoy seeing the Seas, and the Nemo and Figment rides. You could make a half-day of it. If you went for breakfast, you could be out of there by noon to hop to another park or for a resort-day.

If you are trying to add him to your ADRs you need to call Disney dining because they have to make sure there is a table available for that number if guests. It's not always as easy as just adding one more. Been through that myself! Lol. Good luck!

If you are trying to add him to your ADRs you need to call Disney dining because they have to make sure there is a table available for that number if guests. It's not always as easy as just adding one more. Been through that myself! Lol. Good luck!

Thanks for this- but issue I am having is this: We have successfully added him to all our dining reservations- I called and did this first thing. What I am having trouble with is when you go under MDE/Reservations you can modify guests and I was trying to add him in there but keeps saying server is busy- has been frustrating- don't really need to do this as our ADR's are now listed for 5 but it would be nice to see his actual ADR's show up under his name.

Doing my packing & wanted to know how the weather has been @ night? Wondering wether to pack a light sweatshirt for DS (14 & 12)! Thanks!

Doing my packing & wanted to know how the weather has been @ night? Wondering wether to pack a light sweatshirt for DS (14 & 12)! Thanks!

I'm just flying home today. Have been here 2 weeks. Haven't worn a jacket at all. I've found it hot all evening. Only wore sleeveless shirts or very light weight t-shirts for my whole trip. And shorts or skirts....light weight also.

It does thunder shower almost daily...a rain poncho would be good. I found the rain a pleasant reprieve from the heat!

Have a great trip....sad I'm going home but we've had an amazing 2 weeks!

:lovestruc Yes, please keep us posted!! My niece just got engaged last Spring. Her fiancé popped the question at the Magic Kingdom. A friend who was with them at the time found one of the PhotoPass people and told them what was going to happen. He followed them and now they have the whole event on film :lovestruc

I'm just flying home today. Have been here 2 weeks. Haven't worn a jacket at all. I've found it hot all evening. Only wore sleeveless shirts or very light weight t-shirts for my whole trip. And shorts or skirts....light weight also.

It does thunder shower almost daily...a rain poncho would be good. I found the rain a pleasant reprieve from the heat!

Have a great trip....sad I'm going home but we've had an amazing 2 weeks!

I agree with the weather report Marlyn! It has been a very hot summer. After the rain showers it does become cooler. Morning have been very steamy and humid. Make sure you all drink lots and lots of water, keep hydrated.

Just looked at the local weather and it is calling for mid 90s during the day and mid 70s at night. As of Sunday they are saying some drier weather is coming in which means it will be a little hotter. But that doesn't rule out a rain shower. As we say in Florida, if it is raining - give it five minutes. ;)

Enjoy and have a fantastic time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter